CFZ Cowboys Do Not Need Dak

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Currently. The defense and special teams have been so good that the Cowboys are going very conservative with the game plan. Cooper is doing enough to keep the wins coming. Would have been 12/16 without the drops and possibly a lot more points. He has delivered some critical throws throughout this run. He was not bad or pathetic-the team did not ask him to pass much. Rush is still unproven though.

When Dak gets his job back, he will not have the luxury of blaming the coaches or defense or offensive line or receivers. Obviously, the team can perform just fine with the current team assets. Just win in the big games and especially January/February. That’s how you earn the respect so many fans here want others to bestow on the QB.

Things I did notice that affected the offense. Aaron Donald is really good (sorry Tyler Smith). Tony pollard is a fantastic runner, but a liability in blitz pickups. The team made some penalties that killed drives. The Cowboys did not want to risk a turnover to the point of not calling longer developing pass plays. Tried to kill the clock by running it later in the game. Will see what happens with Philly-hope Rush gets another start for more data and more of a feel for how he responds to even more pressure.

Show me ANYWHERE that Dak has EVER blamed anyone for anything when Dallas has lost a game. You can’t. He’s never had the ‘luxury’ of blaming anyone. He’s not that guy. You must be thinking of Baker Mayfield.

Anyone that thinks this team is better with Cooper Rush at QB is delusional. We aren’t going to be a playoff contender averaging less than 20 points/game, and that’s what Cooper Rush gives us.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Yea we need all of what Dak provided for us against San Fran!

He is by no means perfect, but if you can’t see how defenses are shrinking the field to expose Rush’s limitations— you are blind.

Dak is the better QB, and the longer Rush is out there, the returns will continue to diminish.

This team’s winning because of the D. Rush is not making mistakes and has shows toughness, intelligence, and grit— but his limitations are showing.

I feel bad for him because as soon as he plays poorly— this whole “Rush is the better QB!” crowd will turn on him and he doesn’t deserve that.

He has played very well as the backup and has driven the bus. Props, respect, and credit.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Daks padded stats against trash his entire career. A lot of it within our own division.

Regardless… Dak is a QB that’s only as good as those around him. He doesn’t make anyone better. He’s not a carry the team kind of guy.

We have years and years of proof of this.

Andy Dalton had a higher win % than Dak when he had to start.

Cooper Rush is 4-0 in Dak’s absence.

We can find a QB to replace Dak easy and they can improve the team in the process with the extra money.
Nobody is a carry the team type of guy. That’s a myth that the media has sold you. You think Joe Burrow makes Jamar Chase better? You think Montana made Jerry Rice better? It’s crap.

Sure if they can get Mahomes? That will make them better. I agree there. But even he didn’t make Tyreke Hill better. Just a dumb myth that talking heads came up with and fans have ran with it. Just like the stupid “garbage time” stats argument. Just moronic.

tromofan

Reaction score
Yes they do. Rush isn't as good as Dak. It's really that simple.

If Dak had played the last 2 weeks, those games wouldn't have been close.
I agree. But I would like to see KM run as balanced an offense with Dak as they do with Cooper. We can run the ball, but it seems like we abandon it quicker with Dak.

If Parcells were coach of this particular team with THIS defense, there wouldn't be an issue, regardless of who the QB is.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Nobody is a carry the team type of guy. That’s a myth that the media has sold you. You think Joe Burrow makes Jamar Chase better? You think Montana made Jerry Rice better? It’s crap.

Sure if they can get Mahomes? That will make them better. I agree there. But even he didn’t make Tyreke Hill better. Just a dumb myth that talking heads came up with and fans have ran with it. Just like the stupid “garbage time” stats argument. Just moronic.

A myth the media has sold me?

Dude watch someone other than the Cowboys.

Mark

Reaction score
I'll take 22-10 wins every week of the season over turnover-laden 35-34 wins (and an equal number of losses). The Madden/fantasy video-game generation hates low-scoring, conservative, smash-mouth football. If the Cowboys find it necessary to throw the ball only 16 times per game, it means they're doing something right, not something wrong. And the proof is in the W/L column.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How is that/he different from the back-up QB we are paying 40m per season..?
Only in Dak hater universe is rush better than Dak.

This is the same QB that was cut. Available. 31 teams said no thanks. And he started on our PS and moved to a tive roster. Same guy 99.95% of this board wanted to dump and go after another back up QB. Same people who after Tampa game said, season is over and we should tank for top pick.

Now you tying your rope to his anchor...

Hate is festering in you. It's not mentally healthy

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
We need him to do exactly what has been asked from him and run the offense they ask him to run. Today he was only asked to throw it 16 times..not his fault and if not for a couple of drops he goes 12/16 for probably 130-140 (nothing wrong with that)...so far he as done everything asked from him and is 4-0 (with a couple of game winning drives!)

The problem is that there will be games where we will need to ask much more from the QB than that.

I am neither a Dak hater, nor a defender. He is what he is: a top 10-12 QB in the NFL that has hit a rough patch going back to the midpoint of last year.

But he is objectively a more dangerous QB than Rush.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
Only in Dak hater universe is rush better than Dak.

This is the same QB that was cut. Available. 31 teams said no thanks. And he started on our PS and moved to a tive roster. Same guy 99.95% of this board wanted to dump and go after another back up QB. Same people who after Tampa game said, season is over and we should tank for top pick.

Now you tying your rope to his anchor...

Hate is festering in you. It's not mentally healthy

LOL and your talking about the same QB who was 3rd on the depth chart behind Romo and Moore...3rd on the depth chart!, he couldn't beat out Moore. Dak has never won a starting QB job his entire career (even in college...go check it out) he got moved up only thru injuries to others. Oh and you never answered my question

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
Yes, yes they do

the defense isnt going to hold every team under 20 points

dont let that one game fool you...Dak is a top 10 guy and he can put up 30+

It is the game plan, use same plan when Dak returns

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A myth the media has sold me?

Dude watch someone other than the Cowboys.
That’s the thing I watch other teams play. Y’all told me Aaron Rodgers makes guys better but loses the best receiver in the league now looks like a shell of himself. But I need to watch other teams play? Like I said you have been sold a myth. We need to dispel these myths and lies.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score
The problem is that there will be games where we will need to ask much more from the QB than that.

I am neither a Dak hater, nor a defender. He is what he is: a top 10-12 QB in the NFL that has hit a rough patch going back to the midpoint of last year.

But he is objectively a more dangerous QB than Rush.

Well my only answer to you regarding the bolded part is look at the 2 game winning drives during this 4-0 run..what more can you ask for from your QB than to go win the game when the game is on the line..and i'm not even counting the Vikings game last year when he did it too!!

Blitzen

Reaction score
Exactly the opposite. Rush completed exactly 10 passes today. We won bc of the D, STs, and running game.

Rush gets a ton of credit for not making any mistakes— but we need more from the QB position to win in Jan. A lot more.

Defenses are forcing him to throw outside and he doesn’t have the arm talent to do it. Dak is the better QB and hopefully he is back next week

Rush has helped the team score significant points. The team does not ask him to do more. They currently do not need Dak to win. He threw three great passes to the outside today. Two were dropped and one was completed with a great catch.