Draft Day ***Cowboys Draft DAY ONE***

Status
Not open for further replies.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Who was that defensive guy we passed up when we drafted Frederick who everyone had a “third round grade” on. That worked out fine.

If you don’t trust Jerry I trust will Mcclay. Evaluating and drafting talent hasn’t been a huge issue with this team in recent years. It’s everything else
Different circumstance

There were SEVERAL players still left on the board that carried a higher grade than this guy. Devin Lloyd, Nakobe Dean, Tyler Linderbaum, and Jermaine johnson are all better players than this guy

Tussinman

Reaction score
First off Trysten was a second round selection. Second of all, he had no prepossessing traits, wasn’t particularly big or fast. He just had a quick, first step that caught the eyes of a senile Rod Marinelli; the most overrated D coordinator of all time.
Ive never said he was a 1st rounder, I said a round early (projected as 3rd and went 2nd, Tyler was projected late 2nd and went 1st). Trysten was soley over-drafted on athletic abillity, he played for a small school and didn't even play that many games (his hype was his arms, his initial burst, and his hustle)

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who was that defensive guy we passed up when we drafted Frederick who everyone had a “third round grade” on. That worked out fine.

If you don’t trust Jerry I trust will Mcclay. Evaluating and drafting talent hasn’t been a huge issue with this team in recent years. It’s everything else

That wasn't a bad pick. Nobody was complaining about Travis..........though DT was a bigger need at the time and Freddie would have been their at Gavin Escobar pick.

Pabst

Reaction score
The difference is that all the good players that were still there when we picked was not there when New England picked ........ the reason everyone (except the Jerry lovers) hated the pick was the better talent that was still on the board when we picked this project tackle.

Eh, I mean NE traded out for a song; they could have had those players too. It's just not a great draft.

Carson

Reaction score
Different circumstance

There were SEVERAL players still left on the board that carried a higher grade than this guy. Devin Lloyd, Nakobe Dean, Tyler Linderbaum, and Jermaine johnson are all better players than this guy

Lloyd and Dean had medical concerns. Lineberbaum was never a fit here and it seems Johnson scared teams away with his attitude.

Trust me, I wanted any of these guys. Just thinking as of why

Sydla

Reaction score
Different circumstance

Johnson kills me. He’s your bookend with Lawrence and then frees Parsons up to free lance more.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Different circumstance

Because you think so doesn’t make it a fact on the Cowboy’s board. You have absolutely no idea where these players were rated on the draft board.

Status
Not open for further replies.