Twitter: Cowboys Expected To Let Gallup Play Out The Last Year Of His Deal

kskboys

Reaction score
Colts G Braden Smith just signed for $17.25M/year. Is he better than Martin? No way. Byron Jones signed for more than Howard was making. Look at the goofy money the Bills threw at Josh Allen. Is he better than Mahomes? Is he better than Dak? (I had to throw that in there just for kicks and grins. Give some red meat to posters :))

Market price. Other teams are willing to pay Williams more than Zach Martin's $14M/year salary. Does that mean you let him go becasue you don't want to pay market price and insult Martin? Or, does Martin holdout and demand more money like Dolphins CB Howard.

Supposedly, the Cowboys paid market price for Dak. I assume you were on board with paying Dak $40M, right? So, why are you not willing to pay G Williams market price? Does he deserve less because Dak and Elliott and Lawrence are eating up all the money?
Because we'll run out of money. Can't pay everyone.

817Gill

Reaction score
Colts G Braden Smith just signed for $17.25M/year. Is he better than Martin? No way. Byron Jones signed for more than Howard was making. Look at the goofy money the Bills threw at Josh Allen. Is he better than Mahomes? Is he better than Dak? (I had to throw that in there just for kicks and grins. Give some red meat to posters :))

Market price. Other teams are willing to pay Williams more than Zach Martin's $14M/year salary. Does that mean you let him go becasue you don't want to pay market price and insult Martin? Or, does Martin holdout and demand more money like Dolphins CB Howard.

Supposedly, the Cowboys paid market price for Dak. I assume you were on board with paying Dak $40M, right? So, why are you not willing to pay G Williams market price? Does he deserve less because Dak and Elliott and Lawrence are eating up all the money?
I agree with your Williams price tag. Though I think it would be more around 11-12M if McGovern wrestles swag his spot.

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
I really like Gallup as a player and as a person, but you can’t pay everybody…..especially if you pay a RB $80 million and overpay a LB who sucks…..

quickccc

Reaction score

The slight hope for an extension before years is now extinguished lol. Hopefully this trio can help us make a run this year, would be nice to get some dominant memories of the WR Crew. Super likeable bunch.

P.S.

How confident on a 1-5 scale, 1 being no confidence and 5 being extremely confident, are you that Cedrick Wilson (who’s also on the last year of his deal) or other WR’s on the roster can step in as the number 3 without us missing a beat?

I’m about at a 3 but could easily be a 4 if Wilson shows more consistency this year. Certainly looked good in the HOF game and training camp so far.

Wilson hasn't at all shown me vertical deep ability.
His best highlight comes from busted coverage of a porous Seahawks pass defense - after that it's been very little display

kskboys

Reaction score
Maybe. Is it a coincidence that the time they can get under Coopers deal is the same year Gallup’s deal is up?
I'm a big Gallup fan, but I doubt if we're able to keep him. Hope they surprise me.

conner01

Reaction score
I mean you are right but that goes into why I say both will play it out. Gregory doesn’t have much value now or much leverage. He has to put a full season of tape on.
Yep
I’d love to keep Gallup but he’s gonna get a 12 mil plus offer from someone
Gregory is not just about a great season
His history will scare sone teams off
If Randy plays well I think we keep him
I don’t think there’s a chance with Gallup unless we decided to move on from Cooper
CW is also a guy we are likely to lose
Just can’t have 4 oline guys on second contracts so hopefully MCGovern or someone else is ready

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score

The slight hope for an extension before years is now extinguished lol. Hopefully this trio can help us make a run this year, would be nice to get some dominant memories of the WR Crew. Super likeable bunch.

P.S.

How confident on a 1-5 scale, 1 being no confidence and 5 being extremely confident, are you that Cedrick Wilson (who’s also on the last year of his deal) or other WR’s on the roster can step in as the number 3 without us missing a beat?

I’m about at a 3 but could easily be a 4 if Wilson shows more consistency this year. Certainly looked good in the HOF game and training camp so far.

I'm a 2. I don't think we've seen enough of him to be confident he can replace Gallup. Unless he has a 85 receptions with 1,500 yards and 15 tds type of year, I think we can resign him for what Cooper is making now. The salary cap going up plus letting Jaylon go, plus restructuring contracts, we can find enough money to sign him. Unless he has that type of year. I don't think he will because there's only on ball. I think the Big-3 all get a 1000 yards each. I don't see anyone getting that much more because Zeke will get more touches this year along with our TEs. .

DanA

Reaction score
Are you sure you can afford to pay Cedric next year? If he plays well this year, would teams be willing to throw $8M/year at him? Would you match it? 3rd WR, emergency QB, and returns punts. Does he get $10M/year? He does have ex-Cowboy on his resume and teams pay a premium for that.

Cedric just signed a 1 year 2m deal.....what makes you think that will jump to 10m?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The problem, is not that they are not signing him, it is that he had good trade value, and did not get picks for him last year.
And now the info is out that they wont sign him so trade value is about at zero !
They need to decide earlier, so they can get draft picks for players.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If you are getting your news from Twitter you are probably misinformed. Just saying. ;)

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Cedric just signed a 1 year 2m deal.....what makes you think that will jump to 10m?

I don't believe he had a choice. He was a restricted free agent.

If he has a good year, I could see him getting decent money. Here is a list of the top 100 WR salaries. $10M might be a stretch. A decent year could get him $5-10M. Like I said, if he has a good year, a team sees him as a starting caliber WR, he returns punts, he plays special teams, and he is an emergency QB, then he can get a good payday.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/wide-receiver/

DanA

Reaction score
I don't believe he had a choice. He was a restricted free agent.

If he has a good year, I could see him getting decent money. Here is a list of the top 100 WR salaries. $10M might be a stretch. A decent year could get him $5-10M. Like I said, if he has a good year, a team sees him as a starting caliber WR, he returns punts, he plays special teams, and he is an emergency QB, then he can get a good payday.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/wide-receiver/

As a restricted free agent he was given original round tender (6th round) so he can shop around with another team having to give up a 6th. I don't disagree he's got potential and is likely worth more than his contract, I just baulk at the 10m figure or anything near it.

As a point of reference, TY Hilton/Beasley/Juju/AJ Green are in that 6-9m bracket and I can't see how Cedrick Wilson reaches that figure when he's currently not even a starter. I think Wilson is more likely to be in that 2-5m range with Gallop likely to go in that 10m per season territory.

Last edited:

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Sorry but losing Gallup in my opinion while maintaining the overpaid Cooper is a mistake but all too common for Dallas to do for they consistently overpay the duds.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stephen needs to learn to trade players while their value is high. Gallup is replaceable in our system. He's good but not great, abetter version of twill and if we can get a 2nd round pick or better then we should trade him.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't even think its up to the Cowboys at this point. There is ZERO incentive for a player to sign a contract early unless they stink......and here you have #54...or I mean #9...I take that back...when he signed he was probably at his highest point. The contract wasn't going to get any higher so it made sense. For Gallup.....he still has some room to grow his contract. Same goes for Gregory. If they have big years they are breaking the bank.

I'm guessing the challenge and/or question for his next is whether or not he's a #1 or 2 guy. I'm sure he and his agent will say he can be the #1 guy with enough targets.