Signed by Cowboys *** Cowboys extend Lamb for 4 years / $136 million ***

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I just want him to be close to what he's been the last 2 seasons. Just saying : Approx.100 catches for approx 1400 yards. He may surpass that, he may not. It’s jerruh's money , not mine.
They always get cut near the end of these contracts.

glimmerman

Reaction score
He gets 38 million up front. So we owe him around 20 million for the 2 years after this year. Then we owe a bunch or dump him or trade him on the last year. Depends on how it’s worked. Now get Daks done..

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Good for 88 why couldn’t this have been done months ago?
It's called negotiating. What would you expect Jerry/Stephen to do? Start off offering $33 million? You have to leave room to go up in your offers. I suspect CeeDee's agent was asking for like $36 million to start, or less but a 5 or 6 year contract length, etc.

You offer less than you'll give, demand more than you'll take. And end up somewhere in the middle. That's the way it works, usually.

I still remember the first large injury case I handled as a young insurance adjuster. Supervisor gave me $20K to try to settle a case. Finally settled with the lawyer for $18k. When the attorney showed up for the check, he asked what my top offer would have been, and I told him about the $20K, and he chuckled and said his bottom figure was $17K, so I "won" the battle, saved $2K and he only got $1K over his lowest acceptable figure.

Then there's contract length, guaranteed money, voidable years (if any) etc.

Would like to have seen it get done a week or two ago so as to get CeeDee in camp for some reps, but as long as he's signed before the season, I'm happy.

He got what he deserved, is less than he would have gotten if Jerry had waited until his contract expired, has two weeks to get in more football shape and gets him signed until he's 29, before he gets to the dreaded 30 mark, where lots of players' performance starts to drop off.

Glad it's done....

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Jefferson got 88 million

It’s semantics I know, but Jefferson got 88 “due at signing.” Thats just agent speak for money that is 100% fully guaranteed at signing. Money that the moment he signs, he’s guaranteed to get. Thats his signing bonus, first year salary, and second year salary. He doesn’t actually get it all right now, he’s just guaranteed right now to one day get it. More accurately should be “eventually due because of signing.”

His signing bonus alone was 36.9, which makes Lamb’s the highest ever.

Thomas82

Reaction score
I hope this forces BA out of SF because he thinks he's worth what CD is. I also hope there's a trade clause or a franchise tag incase they need to trade him.
Well, the 49ers and Steelers already agreed in principle on a trade package, and the Steelers would be paying BA more than the 49ers can. BA is the holdup on anything getting done.

plymkr

Reaction score
Look you can be sarcastic all you want but at least he did not set a new market at wide receiver he did save a little money I mean what if lamb could have got 36 or 35.5 this is better regardless of all the drama that was unnecessary because we all thought once training camp broke and they got back to Dallas lambs contract would be done by Friday it got done earlier than that but most of us all said it was gonna get done eventually they kept a spot open by putting him on the non report list and they would use that spot to look at more young players but as soon as the roster cut downs came and they were back in Dallas that lamb was gonna be signed and we were all right that all the drama was for nothing but don't say it could have got done sooner it wasn't urgent until now 13 days before the season starts now he has time to get to Dallas and start practicing ramp up slowly and get on the same page with Prescott..

But in my eyes it's still a win because it is not a market setting contract he did not do what he did with Ezekiel Elliott it it's close but technically definitely not market setting..
I agree. I’m usually one to find fault in any way possible against Jerry but I feel Jerry did a good job here. I would feel Jerry lost if Lamb reset the market and got more than Jefferson. I would argue Lamb is a top 3 WR but not the top WR and he got paid like it. It’s good for everyone involved IMO.