Signed by Cowboys *** Cowboys extend Lamb for 4 years / $136 million ***

gtb1943

Reaction score
He wasn’t a good route runner and Dak didn’t like throwing the ball up to him like Romo. Dak wanted to avoid the turnover.
He let a lot of catches go as well
you cannot win it all without taking risks

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
His conditioning concerns me. He gained weight in the off season and didn't go thru training camp or the pre season. Could be prone to injury. Can Dak get him the ball in pressure situations? Time will tell. A marginal ROI could be the most likely outcome.

CWR

Reaction score
He got what we always knew he would. They act like it's so difficult. It's just a big song and dance and then the player gets his market value. Now had we approached him earlier and been aggressive I could see the delay and back and forth. Once the market was set though, the decision was only to see if you wanted to retain him or not. The pay is what it is.

gtb1943

Reaction score
He wouldn’t have made that deal years later. He stuck with it because of all the injuries and missed games.
He signed that long term deal when he was in his prime. Stop trying to change history

CWR

Reaction score
His conditioning concerns me. He gained weight in the off season and didn't go thru training camp or the pre season. Could be prone to injury. Can Dak get him the ball in pressure situations? Time will tell. A marginal ROI could be the most likely outcome.
He muscled up and gained good weight. Nonetheless you're right, his cardio probably isn't there yet. Besides that I think camp helps get the body adjusted for what coming. Without that there's definitely a bit more risk.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Called it with my previous post and throughout. $33M was too far off Jefferson and it needed to be $34M or higher for gravy. Lotta air punching for those who thought $33M was a "fair deal," lol.
I had guessed $34 million to $34.5 million. I think the front office knew after Jefferson signed that that's what it would be. The approach to getting there was the only real question.

jujoboys

Reaction score
All that wasted time only to sign him for $34 million over 4 years anyway.
Yes, but look at all the free publicity Jerry got. There was never any doubt Lamb was going to get close to the $35 million that Jefferson got. However, I believe Jerry held out as long as he could to maximize media attention and still have Lamb able to get ready for the season opener. Jerry probably thought he hit the lottery when Lamb announced he was holding out. It would not surprise me one bit if Dak is signed a week from now so Jerry can get more media time.

gimmesix

Reaction score
It’s semantics I know, but Jefferson got 88 “due at signing.” Thats just agent speak for money that is 100% fully guaranteed at signing. Money that the moment he signs, he’s guaranteed to get. Thats his signing bonus, first year salary, and second year salary. He doesn’t actually get it all right now, he’s just guaranteed right now to one day get it. More accurately should be “eventually due because of signing.”

His signing bonus alone was 36.9, which makes Lamb’s the highest ever.
I assume the higher bonus was a concession to his four-year deal and guarantee being lower than Jefferson's.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Yes, but look at all the free publicity Jerry got. There was never any doubt Lamb was going to get close to the $35 million that Jefferson got. However, I believe Jerry held out as long as he could to maximize media attention and still have Lamb able to get ready for the season opener. Jerry probably thought he hit the lottery when Lamb announced he was holding out. It would not surprise me one bit if Dak is signed a week from now so Jerry can get more media time.
Opening night. lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He signed that long term deal when he was in his prime. Stop trying to change history
He signed that long-term deal before player salaries started to skyrocket. Players are looking for shorter term deals now. No one is trying to change history.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry destroyed the QB market when he gave Dak 40 million a year now does the same thing with CD and the WR position.

Watch how WR hit the 40 million-a-year mark in a jiffy.................

gimmesix

Reaction score
Lamb got 4-136 (34 APY), 100 guaranteed, 38 signing bonus.
Jefferson got 4-140 (35APY), 110 guaranteed, 37 signing bonus.
Pretty much exactly where he should have come in, just a tad below JJ.
Why'd it take so long?
Length, guarantees and bonuses are usually the hang-ups. Players want shorter contracts with higher guarantees and bonuses. Management wants longer contracts with lower guarantees and bonuses. No telling what the numbers were that each side was throwing out before "conceding" to what many of us were expecting anyway.

Retro88

Reaction score
Do you understand an agents job? Lamb has one of the top wide receiver agents in the league. CeeDee was always waiting on Jefferson. This CeeDee would have signed for $27 million is silly.
For starters, it absolutely was possible for them to extend him last offseason. Secondly, I said "this offer" as in the one he signed.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He let a lot of catches go as well
you cannot win it all without taking risks
The old catch rule used to bite Dez. He had trouble hanging onto the ball all the way through the contact of the ground. He would have the catch but lose it as soon as he contacted the ground.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
But in my eyes it's still a win because it is not a market setting contract he did not do what he did with Ezekiel Elliott it it's close but technically definitely not market setting..
One of the "$33M was a fair deal" people, no doubt. Is this what you have to tell yourself to not take an "L" for wanting to deny CeeDee his contract? Lol.