Signed by Cowboys *** Cowboys extend Lamb for 4 years / $136 million ***

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Well, the 49ers and Steelers already agreed in principle on a trade package, and the Steelers would be paying BA more than the 49ers can. BA is the holdup on anything getting done.
Didn't the 9ers offer him 32.5 a year? I don't think he's worth what he's demanding to be honest.

Retro88

Reaction score
Or gives him injury protection and gives receivers 3 through 8 more reps to develop.
He doesnt get "injury protection". While it's still unlikely he gets hurt and misses games, the data very much suggests that he will have a significant elevated risk this season due to him missing TC.

Just like how we do free agency.....this is another example of not putting our team in the best position to succeed. There's a reason that everyone across the league participates in TC.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I’m get off my lawn guy today…I would barely pay this to a QB much less a WR who will be burned and gone in no time. But not my money

Retro88

Reaction score
Why does the media still push the narrative that the Cowboys could have signed CeeDee early. CeeDee was always gonna wait. He was not signing for less then what he just received.
Uhhhh....bc it's true. There wasn't nothing stopping them from making this offer a while ago....

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
, OverTheCap is generally better for cap space.

Top 51 the Cowboys are at 28.6mil under. That excludes the L. Joseph deal.

Regardless, once the 53 man roster is made, the cap space will be based off the top 53(- 985k + -985k) and the practice squad cap hits.
So, not touching CDL's 18mil cap hit, which may of been reduced based off the extension, Dallas should have +20mil cap space to roll over to next year, which is already at +68mil. And at +68mil includes a 40mil dead cap hit for Dak
It also doesn't include CD as he is listed as "suspended" with a $0 cap hit at the bottom, so that $28.6 million cap space will be a lot lighter once he is listed on the active roster again.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Uhhhh....bc it's true. There wasn't nothing stopping them from making this offer a while ago....
Do you understand an agents job? Lamb has one of the top wide receiver agents in the league. CeeDee was always waiting on Jefferson. This CeeDee would have signed for $27 million is silly.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Why does the media still push the narrative that the Cowboys could have signed CeeDee early. CeeDee was always gonna wait. He was not signing for less then what he just received.
A lot of the time neither side budges until they have to budge. They are waiting to see if the other side blinks before agreeing to the deal on the table. That's just smart because the player might end up with a better deal that way.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They overpaid but what else is new down in Jerry Land?????????
Wait till he goes MIA again vs playoff-caliber defenses oh mercy me............ :eek:
The Dream lives on in Dallas....................:muttley:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Called it with my previous post and throughout. $33M was too far off Jefferson and it needed to be $34M or higher for gravy. Lotta air punching for those who thought $33M was a "fair deal," lol.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Why anyone thought Jerry wouldn't pay this guy is beyond me. Jerry pays his guys. It's well known. Media loves to play with you emotional fans
Jerry paid him because CeeDee had leverage as I told you. Ask DeMarco Murray, Gregory, and Schultz among others about being one of Jerry's guys.

John813

Reaction score
It also doesn't include CD as he is listed as "suspended" with a $0 cap hit at the bottom, so that $28.6 million cap space will be a lot lighter once he is listed on the active roster again.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/dallas-cowboys
Thank you. Appreciate that note.. Makes sense on the disparity.
Now curious to see if they reduced that base salary to 1.xxx mil + signing bonus to gain cap rollover.