Signed by Cowboys *** Cowboys extend Lamb for 4 years / $136 million ***

Swanny

Reaction score
Jerry paid him because CeeDee had leverage as I told you. Ask DeMarco Murray, Gregory, and Schultz among others about being one of Jerry's guys.
Jerry had leverage. He just pays his guys and it's well known. Jerry gives up his leverage to please his players. It's reason number 1 Jerry is terrible.

CWR

Reaction score
I was telling my dudes at work that this was our chance! One they pay Cee Dee, Dak and Micah, all they will be able to afford is baggers at the grocery store for the other 50. Hell some concrete workers would be a step up from the bagger boys.
Bs, they can still pay plenty. The Eagles have 350 million on the books for void years. They keep pushing it forward and still manage to be aggressive in FA.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I was telling my dudes at work that this was our chance! One they pay Cee Dee, Dak and Micah, all they will be able to afford is baggers at the grocery store for the other 50. Hell some concrete workers would be a step up from the bagger boys.
I am sinewy and crafty in me moves. I could be the next. Emany Johnson.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Injury protection? They signed players off blown acls. And a player with 1 foot. Now you risk him with more soft tissue injuries because I'm sure he's not in football shape
Yeah, but at least he isn't coming off an injury, like Gallup or Pollard or ... . Lamb was one of the best, if not the best, last year at his position. Fingers crossed he doesn't end up with an injury like Diggs did after we gave him a big deal. You never know when they might happen, even with players who don't sit out camp.

csirl

Reaction score
I hope he earns this bloated salary. Normally Cowboys who get paid just sit back, enjoy life and let the paychecks roll in.

khiladi

Reaction score
Naw, you heard what you wanted too. Everyone was the problem against GB. Just like everyone was the problem.against the 49ers the year prior
So it’s not the opposing defenses fault when Dak plays garbage defenses and has WRs running wide open all day long?

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Lamb had to be signed. He has done nothing but produce and be the epitome of reliability, durability, and consistency.

Dallas deploys a “draft, develop, and sign” team building strategy. If they choose to NOT sign Lamb, they literally undermine their entire philosophy

glimmerman

Reaction score
You mean with 13 days to practice before game one you mean like everyone thought as soon as they got back from camp this week he would be signed so all this drama since April was unnecessary? I mean what did everyone say Jerry Jones didn't mind lamb missing camps and practice because he didn't get hurt and we got to see some of the young guys but as soon as we got back to Dallas and training camp broke lambs contract would be the first thing that drops when they were making roster decisions meaning his spot will now be taken on the official roster but we were keeping him off it so we can look at more young guys..

Most of us said this that this was gonna happen this week I thought it would happen by Friday some of us also thought that him and Prescott are probably gonna be announced at the same time there's still a small and I'm saying very small chance that by Friday when they probably do a press conference talking about the roster or the cut downs to announce lams contract officially signed when he probably has to fly back into Dallas that Prescott might be announced at the same time.. Yes it's wishful thinking but again all this drama about lambs contract since April has been 100% ridiculously overstated and unnecessary.
Hoping he will have enough time to get his timing back with Dak. And are they implementing new plays. I guess he was practicing them by himself.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fan base is so ridiculous. Who cares how much these guys get paid? We don't share in the spoils. Our only payment comes in the form of super bowls and pride in the team.

So, the real question is , for a team that didn't win a playoff game, do the resources allotted to this contract give the team an opportunity to get better?

IMO, you get better by improving the middle and the end of the roster rather than the top end of the roster. Football is a true team sport unlike basketball, for example, where one guy can dominate. So, most of the time, teams are only as good as their weakest links. A lot of things have to go right for CD to make an impact on the game. He need a QB to get him the ball. The QB needs protection to have time to get him the ball. The team needs a running game to threaten the defense or CD won't have the space he needs to seperate. The defense has to get the opposing offense off the field as quickly as possible to give the offense and CD more opportunities.

I don't like this model where we pay top of the market for WRs. We have a better chance of improving by spreading that money across the team and upgrading multiple positions. The fact is that with a QB who can deliver the ball, the NFL is loaded with WRs who can get open and catch the ball. CD is a great WR, and his contract the past 3 years was a good bargain for the team. The bargain is over and now his contract is going to impact the teams ability to sign quality at many other positions and improve...... which is kinda the whole point.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The fan base is so ridiculous. Who cares how much these guys get paid? We don't share in the spoils. Our only payment comes in the form of super bowls and pride in the team.

So, the real question is , for a team that didn't win a playoff game, do the resources allotted to this contract give the team an opportunity to get better?

IMO, you get better by improving the middle and the end of the roster rather than the top end of the roster. Football is a true team sport unlike basketball, for example, where one guy can dominate. So, most of the time, teams are only as good as their weakest links. A lot of things have to go right for CD to make an impact on the game. He need a QB to get him the ball. The QB needs protection to have time to get him the ball. The team needs a running game to threaten the defense or CD won't have the space he needs to seperate. The defense has to get the opposing offense off the field as quickly as possible to give the offense and CD more opportunities.

I don't like this model where we pay top of the market for WRs. We have a better chance of improving by spreading that money across the team and upgrading multiple positions. The fact is that with a QB who can deliver the ball, the NFL is loaded with WRs who can get open and catch the ball. CD is a great WR, and his contract the past 3 years was a good bargain for the team. The bargain is over and now his contract is going to impact the teams ability to sign quality at many other positions and improve...... which is kinda the whole point.
Good post!