Signed by Cowboys *** Cowboys extend Lamb for 4 years / $136 million ***

blueblood70

Reaction score
Glad to see it happen today.
You mean with 13 days to practice before game one you mean like everyone thought as soon as they got back from camp this week he would be signed so all this drama since April was unnecessary? I mean what did everyone say Jerry Jones didn't mind lamb missing camps and practice because he didn't get hurt and we got to see some of the young guys but as soon as we got back to Dallas and training camp broke lambs contract would be the first thing that drops when they were making roster decisions meaning his spot will now be taken on the official roster but we were keeping him off it so we can look at more young guys..

Most of us said this that this was gonna happen this week I thought it would happen by Friday some of us also thought that him and Prescott are probably gonna be announced at the same time there's still a small and I'm saying very small chance that by Friday when they probably do a press conference talking about the roster or the cut downs to announce lams contract officially signed when he probably has to fly back into Dallas that Prescott might be announced at the same time.. Yes it's wishful thinking but again all this drama about lambs contract since April has been 100% ridiculously overstated and unnecessary.

Jarntt

Reaction score
Why anyone thought Jerry wouldn't pay this guy is beyond me. Jerry pays his guys. It's well known. Media loves to play with you emotional fans
I think the concern from fans was why wait until now. More likely to not be 100% full go for week 1, 100% to surround the team with drama this offseason and perhaps more likely to get an injury if you believe what some people say about players missing offseason work - personally I'm not worried about that. There was no reason to not do this months ago

blueblood70

Reaction score
RI8HAVz.jpg

Stand clear. Mad Genius at work.
Look you can be sarcastic all you want but at least he did not set a new market at wide receiver he did save a little money I mean what if lamb could have got 36 or 35.5 this is better regardless of all the drama that was unnecessary because we all thought once training camp broke and they got back to Dallas lambs contract would be done by Friday it got done earlier than that but most of us all said it was gonna get done eventually they kept a spot open by putting him on the non report list and they would use that spot to look at more young players but as soon as the roster cut downs came and they were back in Dallas that lamb was gonna be signed and we were all right that all the drama was for nothing but don't say it could have got done sooner it wasn't urgent until now 13 days before the season starts now he has time to get to Dallas and start practicing ramp up slowly and get on the same page with Prescott..

But in my eyes it's still a win because it is not a market setting contract he did not do what he did with Ezekiel Elliott it it's close but technically definitely not market setting..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think Jerry telling CD that Dak isn't going to be signed is what got the deal done.
I think its the opposite. I think he told them there's no way in hell Lance is your future starting QB and its what got the deal done lol. Lance has one of the worst preseason performances ever for a quarterback and the deal gets magically done afterward lol.