Signed by Cowboys *** Cowboys extend Lamb for 4 years / $136 million ***

stinkface

Reaction score
I think the concern from fans was why wait until now. More likely to not be 100% full go for week 1, 100% to surround the team with drama this offseason and perhaps more likely to get an injury if you believe what some people say about players missing offseason work - personally I'm not worried about that. There was no reason to not do this months ago
Plenty of time to get ready. He is playing with the same QB.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Lamb is our #1 offensive playmaker and was a must resign player no matter the cost. He has come a long way and earned this big payday!

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Like anyone thought the team's best offensive player- heck, maybe best overall player- wasn't going to get what he wanted.

Would have been nice to have this done months ago, but then we would have avoided all this drama. Jones boys again on brand.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
100m guaranteed, damn

Cant say hes not worthy of that contract, but holy hell thats crazy guaranteed money

rambo2

Reaction score
I think the concern from fans was why wait until now. More likely to not be 100% full go for week 1, 100% to surround the team with drama this offseason and perhaps more likely to get an injury if you believe what some people say about players missing offseason work - personally I'm not worried about that. There was no reason to not do this months ago
Yes, there was a reason. Protect him by keeping him out of camp and developing receivers 3 through 8.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lamb is our #1 offensive playmaker and was a must resign player no matter the cost. He has come a long way and earned this big payday!
And let's hope that the curse of the Dallas Cowboys giving out big contracts only to have players somehow have big let downs let's hope that that is not the case this time..

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I think its the opposite. I think he told them there's no way in hell Lance is your future starting QB and its what got the deal done lol. Lance has one of the worst preseason performances ever for a quarterback and the deal gets magically done afterward lol.
Few things. I knew that comment would get some reactions. Second, CD might like Trey. I haven't seen anything since January indicating that CD & Dak are buddies. Third, when you get that kinda guaranteed money it's not about who the QB will be.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Why anyone thought Jerry wouldn't pay this guy is beyond me. Jerry pays his guys. It's well known. Media loves to play with you emotional fans
Agreed. This is the same tired play they run for high profile guys...see Dez Bryant. Anyways, never cared about it because most ppl knew the end result. Just hope CeeDee stays healthy.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sorry in what way did they cave?
Answer: Jerry Jones agreeing to CeeDee Lamb's contract demands after publicly stating his 'hardline' all-in stance.

What number do you think CD was going to sign for?
Any number is irrelevant to me. Any NFL general manager ability, to negotiate and finalize contracts, within 'reasonable' timeframes, meeting both the club and player's conditions, is the only thing that matters to me.