Cowboys extend offer to Lamb at $33mil/season

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Can't wait for Dak to bounce passes his way in the playoffs in between soul crushing picks.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Why? He is just as good, if not better, than Jefferson. The stats back it up 100%.
People just don’t get how these contracts are handed out. He’s next in line to get paid. And like you said his team has a very strong argument for why he’s just as good if not better. We know he’s more durable for sure

baltcowboy

Reaction score
They tried last year.
They didn't wait, according to Stephen.
CeeDee refused to sign and wanted to wait,
Supposedly Jefferson, Chase, and CeeDee are working together. Jefferson only signed because Minnesota gave him a quarterback type of contract. Just like Dak and Parsons, CeeDee was never going to sign early unless you overpay.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
We're overpaying again oh well what else is new down in Dallas?
28 million Max or trade him he is no Hill or Jefferson.
30 years don't come easy do they Jerry.
Lamb is a good player but anyone who puts him in the Jefferson or Hill category needs their head examined.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm quite hopeful that Cee Dee will accept that $33 mil offer from the Cowboys. In fact, he recently stated that he'd be favorable to an offer in the ballpark of what Jefferson got ($35 mil). Now that he's got such an offer, let's see if he actually meant it or not. Of course, there might very well be some sort of other stipulation, like guaranteed income involved. Hopefully, he'll see fit to report to camp ASAP.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I heard Bryan Broaddus (sp?) on a podcast and he said that from word he’s getting that they agreed on the numbers. The sticking point is just the structure of the contract so he believes the contract will get done just trying to find the best way

He also did say that it’s the opposite with Dak in that there hasn’t been any discussion and has been rather quiet.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Crazy how not too long ago we had to let go of Amari because we couldn't afford him at 20mil. These contracts are getting out of hand, and it's honestly making the sport just unbearable. Every year it's some new player wanting to be paid the highest and break new all time records for a contract. It's not even about football anymore.
Maybe if fans were just about football, guys seeking to be highest paid wouldn't bother them. How is a sport unbearable because of what player makes? Doesn't sound like a sport problem here.

Creeper

Reaction score
Boy that's a lot of money. And the only reason he won't take it is because Jefferson is getting $35 million. It is ego and greed.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cheapskates
right man was already making $1,000,000 a game and they're cheapskates literally top five guys at wide receiver right now average 31 million so there's 35 million to Justin Jefferson then 32 to the A.J. Brown wow what cheapskates ohh my how did Miami get the best player in football voted number one by his peers only take 30 million a year over three years at 90 million ohh man DJ Moore you don't think he's a great wide receiver he's the most underrated wide receiver in the league took 27.5 million now I would say that if 33 million seems like a cheapskate to you you need to move on from watching professional sports and debating contracts and whatnot and start looking at agents and players being super greedy because you can't have an open checkbook and a blank contract to allow an agent and a player to fill out when you have a hard salary cap and a roster limit this is not Major League Baseball you can't just spend whatever you want..

Man the Super casual fan with the clueless and delusional statements as if an owner is a cheapskate because he's trying to negotiate a compromise and come to the middle of the table so he could build the rest of his team but 33 million if city lamb holds out over 2 million a year it will take him seven years to make up the $15 million he'll lose for sitting out and holding out for 12 games this year along with the fines that would be really dumb and really greedy and we all see it look at the other wide receivers you took an average of 31 million or less there's some great wide receivers..

I mean amari Cooper's only making 20 million guaranteed this year and he doesn't even have a contract how about Jamar chase no contract I mean Brandon IU is in a battle Trent brown sitting on the sideline Reddick is fighting for more money I mean this is not a Jerry Jones issue this is a professional sports dilemma that all teams have to deal with and owners and players have to negotiate that's why it's a negotiation the only difference now than it was 10 or 15 years ago is social media has changed and now the stories are 24 hours a day seven days a week 365 days a year mostly of misinformation and a bunch of crap everyone taking a side when there is no side to take it will get done when it gets done and that is just how it works....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cheapskates
wow if the Jones family is a cheapskate it's kind of odd that when you see guys like tyreek hill, A.J. Brown, amari Cooper ,devante Adams, DeAndre Hopkins , OBJ, TO back in the day, you know being cut off their teams or traded instead of being kept for top five money,,,hmm

I would say that maybe you're delusional and clueless taking the side of the players even though we're in a hard salary cap league but if the Jones family is a cheapskate, then what does it make all those games that let their star wide receivers go or haven't paid them yet? You should consider yourself lucky to follow a team that has paid every homegrown superstar that deserved a contract their second contracts you know stars on their rookie deals Jerry Jones is paid every single one of them top money but you're calling him cheapskates even though that's the quite opposite yes in free agency they're cheap stakes but when they're using the salary cap on their own players they've done it every single time you don't have one player that you can name that was a rookie superstar that didn't get his money that deserved it... That's the opposite of cheapskate that's some loyalty right there overpaying for players even for guys like jalen Smith and caving into Ezekiel Elliott they paid every single one of their players that deserved a new contract.. Not regular joes we're talking about superstars..

blueblood70

Reaction score
I assume the extension averages just under $33 million a year. But when you average it between the current contract it should drop into the 20s per year.

I'm not on any one of these player sides but I can tell you this if he turns down this deal and tries to hold out a regular season I'm going to be on the ownership side because that would just be greedy this is a fair offer top five money is 31 million for a wide receiver right now being offered the second highest paid wide receiver money in the league which makes you to like the 2nd highest paid non quarterback top pay or whatever it is if you turn this down, I'm sorry I'm changing my mind ,

and I don't want you on my team after this year they can franchise tag you seek trade and let's do it.. So I hope this gets resolved Monday everybody thinks that when they come back from camp from this last preseason game in California that this deal is probably gonna be done by Tuesday and that that money should be enough for both sides that's called a compromise...

blueblood70

Reaction score
They are going to sign him before the end of the month and that's a good thing.
He didn't realize this six weeks of nonsense about these contracts he was gonna get paid one way or the other but because it wasn't on the time frame of the fan base and the media who liked to talk about the Dallas Cowboys 24/7 that it became an issue that was never there even if he didn't get a contract before the season he was making $1,000,000 a year and he was gonna end up getting paid there was no reason for him to hold out in the regular season I don't think he would have even under his old deal because he would eventually get paid he has to come to the middle of the table and compromise the agent and the player holding this up because these are fair offers I heard they started at 30 offered them 32 and this is probably their last offer so this is it he signed by Tuesday or it's probably not gonna happen Cowboys are not responsible for paying him next level money because Justin Jefferson got it the rest of the players are at $31 million average for the top five wide receivers this is more than fair so it should get done, if not the players greedy IMHO

blueblood70

Reaction score
Considering no state income taxes, prolly close to what Jefferson ends up getting.
and also, he's on a team that's going to to get players more outside money for promotional stuff etc the Star has a lot of advantages. i mean look at how many post career jobs these guys get in the media and other things..

Reaction score
Considering no state income taxes, prolly close to what Jefferson ends up getting.
It depends on where each game is played. All games in Texas will not be taxed. A game played in California will get taxed at the states rate. At least, that’s how I remember it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Crazy how not too long ago we had to let go of Amari because we couldn't afford him at 20mil. These contracts are getting out of hand, and it's honestly making the sport just unbearable. Every year it's some new player wanting to be paid the highest and break new all time records for a contract. It's not even about football anymore.
Just stay away from news that way it won’t be unbearable….the money has to go somewhere. NFL cant make billions without it going to the players pocket some.