Cowboys extend offer to Lamb at $33mil/season

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
If Jefferson is at 35 then 33 appears fair, although I doubt it gets it done. Yes the FO is well versed at the PR game and trying to win in the court of public opinion. I have little doubt they leaked that number.
That’s a good plan if you think CeeDee Lamb gives a rat’s *** about public opinion. Since the public doesn’t decide what he makes, the public has nothing to do with it. Jerry Jones wants to beat CeeDee and his agent in these negotiations. He is not going to.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
lol our front office always wait a year too long to sign our stars, which always makes their salary only go up, then drags their feet to sign them after the market has been set, then nickels and dimes them to save some money, then eventually pays full price.

And all that’s been accomplished is missing training camp time and planting some seeds of discontent within the players and fanbase.
lol yeah like we did with zeke

Adreme

Reaction score
I assume the extension averages just under $33 million a year. But when you average it between the current contract it should drop into the 20s per year.

Literally NO ONE averages it with the current contract. When Lamar signed for 52m, Burrow did not go, “Well I could sign an extension that averages 55m but I need 70m to keep up with Lamar” and nobody argues Burrow isn’t highest paid.

All these extensions are based purely on the AAV of the extension and not the years leading up to it.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Was in the lead-up to preseason game #2 that Zack's deal got done.

Just sayin.

As you were.

Tussinman

Reaction score
I want too see what the guaranteed money is.
I think that's the real issue. 5th year option is fully guaranteed and supposedly Jeffersons deal was basically 3 out of 4 years of the extension guaranteed.

Cowboys want to extend him, but I don't think they want 4 out of the next 5 years fully guaranteed. Probably trying to give themselves a reasonable out after 3 years but the market says otherwise.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Considering no state income taxes, prolly close to what Jefferson ends up getting.
You are correct , state income tax in minny is 5 - 8.3% , so , it would be close. 33 will be more than 35 in Minny

kumizi

Reaction score
Notice how the team isn’t leaking the guaranteed number.

exciter

Reaction score
lol our front office always wait a year too long to sign our stars, which always makes their salary only go up, then drags their feet to sign them after the market has been set, then nickels and dimes them to save some money, then eventually pays full price.

And all that’s been accomplished is missing training camp time and planting some seeds of discontent within the players and fanbase.
Lol, I guess you think their agents are idiots easily duped into letting the player sign a team friendly contract a year early and considerably below the market value of waiting out the season!