Cowboys flying in Prescott for a visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

canters

Reaction score
JJ seems to really like him. Scares me. Lots of opinion guys/writers have said he is not a NFL QB.....I don't want him until the 5th round if then.

RJ_MacReady

It's all in the reflexes
Reaction score
1st Rd - Bosa
2nd Rd - Henry
3rd Rd - Prescott

Wonderful.

giphy.gif

jnday

Reaction score
I just don't love any of those players for us.

I see Bosa as a strong side DE, which outside of Gregory (who knows how long he is around?), is all we have for DEs. I don't see the wisdom in drafting another one.

I think Henry is not all that quick. He's a big back but big backs who are not very quick get hammered in the NFL. If all he's going to bring you is the ability to pound it into the line, then I'm not sure how valuable he will be or for how long?

Prescott, I am not really sold on. His completion percentage for anything over 5-7 yards is not very impressive. In fact, it's pretty bad. You look at him and there is nothing that jumps out at you physically IMO. The thing he does best is break the pocket but in the NFL, that's not going to really be of much value IMO. QBs who do that for a living in the NFL end up out of the league.

Those are just my opinions.

Henry is not quick , but he is fast. He is the fastest player in the last three drafts at accelerating to five yards.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Mike, stop posting an actual DETAILED scouting report on this kid. I mean, they're NEVER right about these things. Plus, Wentz/Goff are SURE FIRE STARS because everybody thinks so.................I truly wonder how many of these SAME Debbie Downers had glowing reports about RGIII, Johnny Football, or the many other BUSTS that were supposed to be superstars in this league. The fact is NO ONE TRULY KNOWS how good or bad this kid will be. So, I guess the Super Bowl Champs and the Cards (who've been one of the best teams in the league the last 3 years since QB guru Arians took over) must be stupid as well because they've also worked him out diligently and have been linked to wanting him.

In fairness, RGIII played for that dumpster fire in Washington.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Henry is not quick , but he is fast. He is the fastest player in the last three drafts at accelerating to five yards.

He's not really all that fast. I don't know what his 5 yard numbers look like but his 10 yard numbers are not really all that. In fact, I 'd even say it's slow so what is it that makes him the fastest athlete at 5 yards but at 10, he's losing so much speed? That really does not make a lot of sense.

robjay04

Reaction score
He's not really all that fast. I don't know what his 5 yard numbers look like but his 10 yard numbers are not really all that. In fact, I 'd even say it's slow so what is it that makes him the fastest athlete at 5 yards but at 10, he's losing so much speed? That really does not make a lot of sense.

There is a sports science post somewhere around here showing that he is the fastest player to get up to speed in the past 3 years(that has been studied).

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
This has to stop. Right now.

We have met more with him than any other QB in this draft class. It is very frightening.

This really lowers the expectation of the draft....went from cant wait ...to oh well......more jags on the way

robjay04

Reaction score
Jerry should be stabbed in the face.

Truly at this point, what does it hurt?

We aren't getting Goff/Wentz. Most people don't believe we are in a good position to land Lynch and even Cook could be gone by 34. Besides that, you have several players with traits but flaws. A player with positive traits is not the worst QB to try to polish behind Romo. Regardless, I want a young QB to develop behind Romo. I would prefer that player be a first or second round pick but we shouldn't reach either. If Dak is a 4th-5th round pick, it doesn't hurt.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
There is a sports science post somewhere around here showing that he is the fastest player to get up to speed in the past 3 years(that has been studied).

I saw that and I have posted on it. I'm just saying that what they suggest in that report and what you actually see when watching him, what the times he recorded suggest, does not support the statements made by sports science. I do wonder what and how they actually measured him because that's not what you see when you watch him.

Status
Not open for further replies.