Cowboys FO may have fooled y'all / FO is spineless / FO needs to pull head out **mega-thread**

Sydla

Reaction score
Dak, zeke, tank, byron jones and now cooper are among our own. Plus zack last year and tagging tank. Do you see any free agent upgrades at any of those positions?? I don't.. so what's wrong with emphasizing getting your own signed first??

Because you don’t have to sign them all right now.

Sydla

Reaction score
so if they dont over pay for people it means they aren't active in free agency???

noted.

Unfortunately for you, history tells us what we should expect and the Cowboys sitting out early free agency isn’t them being prudent.

Its them basically ignoring FA as a means to really improve their current roster.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Unfortunately for you, history tells us what we should expect and the Cowboys sitting out early free agency isn’t them being prudent.

Its them basically ignoring FA as a means to really improve their current roster.
if we keep our own...how is THAT unfortunate?....or sitting it out.
I don't care WHEN it happens...as long as it happens.
f/a period starts on 13th.....we have 0 idea who they sign between now and the start of the draft.

cern

Reaction score
Stephen is responsible for freddy, zack, Dak, zeke, cooper, byron jones, chido, jourdan lewis, gallup, vander esch, and backups Fleming and looney. And yet people still call him an idiot for not throwing good money after bad. And let's not forget that he got us out of salary cap hell. And yet the baseless criticism will continue.

ESisback

Reaction score
Most of the same people shrieking about a lack of big splashes in free agency are the same ones that are moaning when they DO make a deal. Then someone chimes in about the Cowboys having a good roster, and those same people scoff. Of course they also say the coach sucks, so I have to ask, which is it? If we DON’T have a good roster, the front office is staffed by morons, the HC is an incompetent puppet, and the owner is a clueless drunk who doesn’t know diddly about football, HOW did the Cowboys win the NFCE 2 out of 3 years?

cern

Reaction score
Most of the same people shrieking about a lack of big splashes in free agency are the same ones that are moaning when they DO make a deal. Then someone chimes in about the Cowboys having a good roster, and those same people scoff. Of course they also say the coach sucks, so I have to ask, which is it? If we DON’T have a good roster, the front office is staffed by morons, the HC is an incompetent puppet, and the owner is a clueless drunk who doesn’t know diddly about football, HOW did the Cowboys win the NFCE 2 out of 3 years?
Cease with the common sense. It is most unbecoming on certain cz threads.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I guess we pretend it didnt happen.
their narrative is hard to keep up with sometimes.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone who believes what comes from the mouths of the Jones Cartel hasn’t been paying much attention to the last 23 years. If Jerry or Stephen says it, my mantra is, “I’ll believe it when it happens.”

ESisback

Reaction score
Anyone who believes what comes from the mouths of the Jones Cartel hasn’t been paying much attention to the last 23 years. If Jerry or Stephen says it, my mantra is, “I’ll believe it when it happens.”

Well sure, but I’d still like an answer from one of those folks that condemns everything...

birdwells1

Reaction score
Yet we've had one of the best rosters in the league over that span. Remember when everyone was patting the Giants on the back for all the money they paid Veron and Snacks and Jenkins? How did that work out for them?

It worked out for the Rams, where's our "responsible" cap management taking us?

birdwells1

Reaction score
so if they dont over pay for people it means they aren't active in free agency???

noted.

Me: I want to buy a brand new Ford F150 and I have 20k to spend.
Dealer: We don't have anything close to that price range, you'd have to get close to 30k.
Me: Well if I can't get it for 20k I'll just take my money and go home.
Dealer: Sir F150s haven't cost 20k since 1995 and if you don't buy it someone else will, if you're only offering 20k then you aren't serious about buying a new truck.

Every year people talk about overpaying and it's not it is what the market is and if you're scared then stay on the porch.

coult44

Reaction score
Yet we've had one of the best rosters in the league over that span. Remember when everyone was patting the Giants on the back for all the money they paid Veron and Snacks and Jenkins? How did that work out for them?

But when it's all said and done, they are Great roster full of losers!! Never, not one time have any guys from that great roster won anything!

Prossman

Reaction score
They constantly lie and mislead this time of year. Trying to disguise their intentions. take what they say with a grain of salt.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Jerry is not a football guy.
For an owner? Sure he is.
The old guy has forgotten more football than half the bozos on this board ever knew.

Now as a GM? Ive said all along, he should've farmed that out.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
Stephen and Jerry Jones are still trying to prove to the world that they are "football" guys. So much so that they have resorted to trying to fool the rest of the football world.

The reason the Cowboys have be inactive during free agency the last 5 years or so is because it gives the illusion that they are being calculated, smart, conservative, rational and financially responsible when in actuality they just don't know how to build a team using the draft and free agency. They Jones's have figured that since they don't know how to evaluate players from other teams then they'll just pass on them and saying that the player price was too high which allows them not to make on a player and run the risk of being ridiculed.

The problem with this is that you never sign anyone of value.
Oh he definitely got you fooled.

The honest offer strategy is nothing but a lure cast out for the rest of the league to follow suit. Once the other 31 teams take the bait or "follow suit" the market will be reset to the salary scale of 4-5 years ago. That is when the Jones boys unleash and sign everybody driving the market back up and hope with everything they have it is finally enough talent for Garrett to win a SB.

Now you tell me which is more likely? He said he would pay anything for another Lombardi and this is his best shot at it.