Cowboys FO may have fooled y'all / FO is spineless / FO needs to pull head out **mega-thread**

X550i

Reaction score
My theory is no matter how good the talent you still need exceptional coaching to win a Superbowl. Throwing good players at a team does not promise you a Superbowl. But that's just me.
Agree and also a good front office. There is no salary cap for GM, coaches, and scouts.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
You mean 2 wild card wins in 10 years best? I think you're overestimating how good this team is.

Are you a Garrett fan, then? Isn’t the argument that he’s had the talent, but hasn’t produced?

In addition to coaching, we’ve had Romo’s injuries and the botched Dez call, likely contributing to our lack of playoff wins.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Are you a Garrett fan, then? Isn’t the argument that he’s had the talent, but hasn’t produced?

In addition to coaching, we’ve had Romo’s injuries and the botched Dez call, likely contributing to our lack of playoff wins.

I hate Garrett and we have talent but several gaping deficiencies that even better coaches probably couldn't overcome.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
I hate Garrett and we have talent but several gaping deficiencies that even better coaches probably couldn't overcome.

And Romo’s injuries and the Dez call...

We’ve underperformed, relative to talent on the roster - and I’m only talking about the roster.

Rayman70

Reaction score
this old west texas boy is trying like crazy to be optimistic...lol

cowboyec

Reaction score
Me: I want to buy a brand new Ford F150 and I have 20k to spend.
Dealer: We don't have anything close to that price range, you'd have to get close to 30k.
Me: Well if I can't get it for 20k I'll just take my money and go home.
Dealer: Sir F150s haven't cost 20k since 1995 and if you don't buy it someone else will, if you're only offering 20k then you aren't serious about buying a new truck.

Every year people talk about overpaying and it's not it is what the market is and if you're scared then stay on the porch.
already have my ford...runs great and is paid for...but thanx for the illustration any way.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Yet we've had one of the best rosters in the league over that span. Remember when everyone was patting the Giants on the back for all the money they paid Veron and Snacks and Jenkins? How did that work out for them?
And as bad as the Dream Team and the giants were, what exactly have we accomplished in that span?

ESisback

Reaction score
More like, if I was a surgical technician and assisted on 10k surgeries doen't make me qualified to be a surgeon. Just because I was around it doesn't mean that I'm qualified to do it, it takes specialized training going through classes, doing residencies and other training to become a surgeon.

Most "football" guys came up through the sport and coached on lower levels (high school, college, jr. college) and proved themselves and were promoted eventually to the NFL, in other words it was merit based. Stephen, Jerry or Jason got their jobs due to merit and thus is the reason that they'll never be respected for their knowledge or be know as "football" guys.

True. To an extent. But look at it from the angle of your own work experience. I’m in radio, and I know some really gifted professionals. Some have degrees in communications, as well as degrees in business and psychology, and I trust their expertise. I also know guys that don’t have ANY schooling, no degrees, no tutors—they’ve just been around it for years, and believe me, they know their stuff. They’re every bit as knowledgeable and dedicated. Like I said before, I’d RATHER have an experienced guru handle the GM duties (Jerry’s huge list of shortcomings and snafus have been well documented), and I’d like a HC change, but what can I/we do, except gripe incessantly about matters we’re largely less qualified to judge?

Rayman70

Reaction score
not to worry. spring turkey season begins march 30. my 3 1/2 inch loads are handloaded and ready to go.
awesome! Love Turkey hunting. I have a chest freezer waiting for a couple of them lol..

cern

Reaction score
awesome! Love Turkey hunting. I have a chest freezer waiting for a couple of them lol..
I never shoot any during the fall season, waiting instead for the spring season. just love calling to those suckers . purrs, clucks, yelps and gobbles. we've had good timely rains. everything green and verdant. of course I expect the rattlesnakes to be coming out soon.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I never shoot any during the fall season, waiting instead for the spring season. just love calling to those suckers . purrs, clucks, yelps and gobbles. we've had good timely rains. everything green and verdant. of course I expect the rattlesnakes to be coming out soon.
I can just sit on my back porch and wait for them. They come up within 50 yards of my house in the country.They have a certain pattern they travel, almost can set my watch to it each morn. lol

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Stephen and Jerry Jones are still trying to prove to the world that they are "football" guys. So much so that they have resorted to trying to fool the rest of the football world.

The reason the Cowboys have be inactive during free agency the last 5 years or so is because it gives the illusion that they are being calculated, smart, conservative, rational and financially responsible when in actuality they just don't know how to build a team using the draft and free agency. They Jones's have figured that since they don't know how to evaluate players from other teams then they'll just pass on them and saying that the player price was too high which allows them not to make on a player and run the risk of being ridiculed.

The problem with this is that you never sign anyone of value.
That, and most of the teams that are big players in free agency every year, still suck.
We all want to sign a bunch of studs, but history doesn’t show that working to improve many teams. Most end up in more trouble within 2 years. The Joneses seem to be modeling their philosophy on analytics.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
We've been the best team in the division over the last decade, outside of Philly's magical year. We've won the division 4 of the last 10 years, more than any other team, and more than the Skins and Giants combined.

Dude...
1SB win >> 4 division titles in 10 years

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Stephen and Jerry Jones are still trying to prove to the world that they are "football" guys. So much so that they have resorted to trying to fool the rest of the football world.

The reason the Cowboys have be inactive during free agency the last 5 years or so is because it gives the illusion that they are being calculated, smart, conservative, rational and financially responsible when in actuality they just don't know how to build a team using the draft and free agency. They Jones's have figured that since they don't know how to evaluate players from other teams then they'll just pass on them and saying that the player price was too high which allows them not to make on a player and run the risk of being ridiculed.

The problem with this is that you never sign anyone of value.
Plenty wrong with this FO, but your off base on this.
They at least realize that they have to sign several of their own top FA coming into their 2nd contracts.
DAK, LAW, ZEKE, COOP, JONES.. and you think we have the cap to be entertaining other teams FAs?

kskboys

Reaction score
Well sure, but I’d still like an answer from one of those folks that condemns everything...
Why don't you simply ignore them? They're obviously extremists or pessimists who take joy both in the negative and getting your goat.

kskboys

Reaction score
For an owner? Sure he is.
The old guy has forgotten more football than half the bozos on this board ever knew.

Now as a GM? Ive said all along, he should've farmed that out.
I've seen no proof of this. Why do you think this?

ESisback

Reaction score
Why don't you simply ignore them? They're obviously extremists or pessimists who take joy both in the negative and getting your goat.

K, you know me! Can’t resist the dumpster fires!