Cowboys FO may have fooled y'all / FO is spineless / FO needs to pull head out **mega-thread**

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
I think we've had the talent. We haven't just put it all together. And I put that on the front office for not allowing Jason to hire his own staff

I agree. We have an owner who undermines his coaches, and thus have only had coaches who will put up with that. That’s not a recipe for success. That said, if we look purely at roster construction, they’ve earned the benefit of the doubt here, in terms of how they balance the draft and FA.

ESisback

Reaction score
If you didn't say Jerry was a football guy, then I retract!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry has zero football saavy. He's a ball watcher, doesn't understand trenches and safeties and such. He is the root of our problems simply by being the polar opposite of football saavy.

And of course the giant demo that SWEAR he’s the polar opposite of football savvy are all much better judges, right? He’s a dumpster fire as far as presenting the savvy image in the media, but I’d lay money he’s more aware than the cliched perception.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Jerry/Stephen and Garrett are made for each other. Not an aggressive bone in their body. They lucked into Dak. And then wasted the window of his rookie contract. Had a chance to make a move this year. Wasted it. None of them will sniff a Super Bowl in their lifetimes.

While other teams are blowing up the phones, talking with agents, making deals, ect…………...where is Jerry and his idiot boy:

6a00d8341bffd953ef022ad3873798200c-800wi

visionary

Reaction score
Jerry/Stephen and Garrett are made for each other. Not an aggressive bone in their body. They lucked into Dak. And then wasted the window of his rookie contract. Had a chance to make a move this year. Wasted it. None of them will sniff a Super Bowl in their lifetimes.

But CZ homers are happy as long as we 'don't overpay' even if we don't win anything

SSoup

Reaction score
lucked into Dak. And then wasted the window of his rookie contract.
3 years into his career and Dak still hasn't played a game for a Cowboys team that wasn't paying Romo many millions. 20+ million at the highest, and 8+ million at the lowest. That's not nothing.

The team's willingness to structure contracts that meant a player would still be counting against our cap at the age of 38, retired or not, is a big reason why we haven't felt the luxury of paying our starting QB peanuts.

visionary

Reaction score
Ha...exactly. I've posted it many times: Jerrah and his boy are all bout da Benjamins. Winning? Meh, he did that thrice in the 90's. Apparently that was enough for him.

No it's not but he now knows he can't do it so he's moved on rather than give up control