Twitter: Cowboys Franchise Tag Schultz

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
it isnt like the guy wouldnt have preferred to be on the field. The guy got hurt, and he was paid based upon what the team felt he could accomplish. Sucks for him, but I dont blame him for getting hurt.
even before his contract he sucked. he was worse than Witten. his best two games that got him to his contract were against the giants and running the seam route....that's about it. there was absolutely zero thing special about him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If Schultz signs the tender at any point in that process, it's locked in.
then so be it. one year. we probably over pay by 2-3M at most. so we get a known quantity, can produce as the 3rd option and we can find his replacement in draft and get him ready. I think its a smart move. specially in lieu of Cooper being let go.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
13-14 for Schultz? Where did you get that?
I wouldn't give him that.....perhaps if the total contract average is that, but we can cut ties in 2,3 years and gaurantee 30M or something to that effect. so essentially a 10-11M year contract for 2 years.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I mean who is Dak gonna throw his 3 yarders?????
AccurateAptGoosefish-size_restricted.gif

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
His stats do not look like an average player's.

And his value is what it is to this QB and offense, that is why he's tagged. Think they didn't run this by Prescott?

His stats look like that because we always check down ...... Any average NFL tightend could do what he does in our system.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Happy WWWWAAAAHHHH'S TO YOU until you Wwwwwwaaaaaahhhhh again

plasticman

Reaction score
"Playmaker".....Dalton Schultz.....really?

I like him and he has proven to be reliable but he definitely isn't a top 5 TE in the NFL. He doesn't have the speed, athleticism, or blocking ability that you find in elite TE's. He's simply a conscientious, hardworking guy in the right place and time. I see him as a fit for a team that generally gives equal time to two TE's based on circumstances.

We have been fortunate that he took advantage of his opportunity and overachieved. Good for him, but it is counterproductive to classify him as a "playmaker" and pay him accordingly even for one season. Overpaying for key offensive starters is one issue that needs to be addressed, but paying for a guy that is "capable" is going down a familiar, but unsuccessful path.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
better route runner? or better WR?
these are WR I think are better and I would rather have them over cooper.

Adams
Kupp
Justin Jefferson
Tyrek Hill
stefon diggs
Hopkins
Evans
Godwin
Chase
Dionte Johnson
Kennan Allen
McLaurin
Sameul
Metcalf

there maybe a few more, but it would be 50/50
You are answering what you want to. I clearly said route runner.

Coop can't throw to himself.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Want a laugh...watch the first minute of this video.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You are answering what you want to. I clearly said route runner.

Coop can't throw to himself.
and yet Dalton, Gallup and Wilson all going to get paid handsomely, who threw to them?? lmao give it up he will be going on his 3rd team , theres more to it then people, want to admit lack of drive and motivations ie consistency.