Twitter: Cowboys Franchise Tag Schultz

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You've got to wonder, with the rumors of one leg Gallup and Schultz and then bye-bye Coop it does appear that Dak's picking his band members.
Jerry has supported inepto with nothing but the best around him all these years.
1 playoff win is the end result.
Due to his massive contract, the hole we're in will get deeper and deeper......

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You are answering what you want to. I clearly said route runner.

Coop can't throw to himself.
why does being a better route runner matter? its being a better WR. end of story. if a WR is better, they catch more they catch for more yards, they get more YAC. and if you are good and better in all of those, then you are a better WR, everything else is subjective pigeon hole to win an argument.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I agree franchise him is dumb, as for the Franchise Price, Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry drove that number up a good bit last year.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Top paid RB . . Top Paid WR . . Top pay QB. . . . now top pay TE . . . still we can only beat the NFC East
Even at the franchise rate, which won’t hold as they sign him to a longer deal, he’s still 4 million behind the top paid TE’s.

TheHerd

Reaction score
OMG. This team learns NOTHING. We pay our own average players like superstars and will not get free agent studs at any cost. 26 more years of pain ahead.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Some of the comments on this site would be laughable (well they still are to me) if they weren't so "the sky is falling! the sky is falling!" type.

Does this fan base, overall, like ANY Dallas player that's not still in their rookie contract? Even one?

I get it, Dallas is supposed to sign a very good tight end for a pittance, and if they can't it's "let him go, we'll find another player easily, no problem, just look in the phone book and pick somebody". No player is worth even close to top dollar, they're all JAGS. We can build a team with undrafted college players, yeah, that's the ticket!

First of all, he's not getting, with the tag, "top" dollar. There are 5 tight ends currently that make at least $12.5 million, Schultz will get (IF the tag is signed) $10.9. Pretty good, but far below the top pay of $15 mil. Now sure that guy is better than Schultz, but as they say, "a rising tide lifts all boats", good players get pulled up by the highest paid guys REGARDLESS of if they are not to the level of the top guy. It's the NFL folks.

Second, what do folks think he is, some mediocre, middle of the pack NFL tight end? Apparently the "fans" on this site don't know that in 2021 he was third in catches last year. Also tied for second in tds, and sixth in yards. He's a very good tight end.

Yes I'd like to sign him for a cap-friendly salary, like say $7 mil a year, but that ain't happening folks...

Daillest88

Reaction score
Good tight ends , if he sucks this year won’t be tied to him next year… the cowboys should really restructure cooper.

lwehlers

Reaction score
i am not against signing schultz i hope the cowboys can work out a good cap friendly long time contract. schultz is a good player just not worth ten million a year.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
Some of the comments on this site would be laughable (well they still are to me) if they weren't so "the sky is falling! the sky is falling!" type.

Does this fan base, overall, like ANY Dallas player that's not still in their rookie contract? Even one?

I get it, Dallas is supposed to sign a very good tight end for a pittance, and if they can't it's "let him go, we'll find another player easily, no problem, just look in the phone book and pick somebody". No player is worth even close to top dollar, they're all JAGS. We can build a team with undrafted college players, yeah, that's the ticket!

First of all, he's not getting, with the tag, "top" dollar. There are 5 tight ends currently that make at least $12.5 million, Schultz will get (IF the tag is signed) $10.9. Pretty good, but far below the top pay of $15 mil. Now sure that guy is better than Schultz, but as they say, "a rising tide lifts all boats", good players get pulled up by the highest paid guys REGARDLESS of if they are not to the level of the top guy. It's the NFL folks.

Second, what do folks think he is, some mediocre, middle of the pack NFL tight end? Apparently the "fans" on this site don't know that in 2021 he was third in catches last year. Also tied for second in tds, and sixth in yards. He's a very good tight end.

Yes I'd like to sign him for a cap-friendly salary, like say $7 mil a year, but that ain't happening folks...
These guys are as cheap as Stephen Jones whom they ridicule. And just as oblivious to it.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
The Cowboys don’t want Cooper. Cred Wilson and Gallup are free agents as well. Let us not bring back Dalton either and start Sean McKeon. Great plan…

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
What a bunch of idiots we have running this team, wow.

There is no way in hell that Schultz is one of the top TEs in the entire league, yet we are paying him like he is. I am sick and tired of this crap, way overpaying average guys like they are first ballot hall of famers.

It is comical watching Jerry and his idiot boy trying to put a championship roster together, they cant do it and they dont even know how to do it. Of course the last 27 yrs showed this clearly, but if anybody needed any more proof then today was it.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Don’t be so smart.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Now that’s a draft pick Will McClay hit on. And I hope Lunda Wells his position coach is back in 2022 .

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
and yet Dalton, Gallup and Wilson all going to get paid handsomely, who threw to them?? lmao give it up he will be going on his 3rd team , theres more to it then people, want to admit lack of drive and motivations ie consistency.
I'm not a Dak hater. I'm a fan of his but I'm also a realist. Facts are his mental processes of reading defenses has been off since the Denver game.

The Broncos gave the blueprint: use your front 4 to stop the run, drop 7, disguise coverages. Dak's been mid ever since, culminating in a home playoff loss.

Until he overcomes how D coordinators are scheming against him, the Cowboys won't ever go far while he is our QB.