Reaction score
Say they trade DLaw for a 1st

On the one hand you have:
Christian Wilkins drafted at 20
EThomas signed for 3/30m
Dante Fowler signed for 2/18m

vs
DLaw for 23m.............5/115m

Then who's the leader of your locker room. Who's the leader of your defense? That's just not sound thinking to me, unless you're Steven Jones and you're trying to get Jason Garrett fired.

Tussinman

Reaction score
And I also find it telling you ignored my point about what he brings to the table leadership wise.
How am I ignoring it when I clearly stated the team will be improved in either scenario...... (stop putting stuff in my mouth, this is like the 3rd time you've done that).

You asked for 3 players that upgrade the team with his budget and I gave it. There's really nothing else to say unless you want to continue putting words in my mouth (we will wait and see which direction the cowboys go)

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
How am I ignoring it when I clearly stated the team will be improved in either scenario...... (stop putting stuff in my mouth, this is like the 3rd time you've done that)
You ignored it by not mentioning it. It’s a very important aspect of what he means to the team.

erod

Reaction score
Who says Dlaw peaked in 2017? You? :lmao2: He played injured last year and was still a force. Naive fans like yourself focus on just the sacks and ignore the running game. And I also find it telling you ignored my point about what he brings to the table leadership wise.
Lawrence was pretty good this year for sure. Key player here.

But good enough to warrant $80+ million guaranteed? With a bum shoulder that needs surgery asap, and a history of back issues?

Dallas is in the process of showing him what he's NOT worth, and that's going to ruffle feelings in the process. We're probably looking at a holdout until the day before the season starts, if not later.

Tussinman

Reaction score
You ignored it by not mentioning it. It’s a very important aspect of what he means to the team.
I haven't ignored it, I have stated twice that keeping him will improve the team in 2019.

There is also a life where not keeping him can improve the team as well, that's what him and his agent are about to find out if they stretch the hand there dealt.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I haven't ignored it, I have stated twice that keeping him will improve the team in 2019.

There is also a life where not keeping him can improve the team as well, that's what him and his agent are about to find out if they stretch the hand there dealt.
It’s all negotiations at this point and there’s no need to turn sour on DLaw for doing exactly what anyone of us would do if we were in his shoes is my point.

cern

Reaction score
reality check...…………..not all contract negotiations go smoothly. some are easy, some vitriolic. sometimes one side makes a bluff and the other caves. other times the bluff is called (leveon bell). i'm sure we'd have rather paid zack less money and he'd have preferred to receive more. but reasonable minds will eventually come to a conclusion in the end. I doubt anyone here knows the offer made to tank. but I doubt it was insulting.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Right on

It isn't guaranteed until he signs and can be rescinded but while active it counts

I gotta say I enjoyed following this debate between you and @Future.
Both of you shaped an understandable version on a topic that is
not easily understandable... lol.

What I enjoy most was how both of you handled it start to finish.
I just wanted to give you both an "attaboy" for showing how it's done, with some class.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Then who's the leader of your locker room. Who's the leader of your defense? That's just not sound thinking to me, unless you're Steven Jones and you're trying to get Jason Garrett fired.

Take your pick from Tyron Crawford, Byron Jones, Jaylon Smith etc. Our defense doesn't just hing on the availability of Demarcus Lawrence.

ESisback

Reaction score
I gotta say I enjoyed following this debate between you and @Future.
Both of you shaped an understandable version on a topic that is
not easily understandable... lol.

What I enjoy most was how both of you handled it start to finish.
I just wanted to give you both an "attaboy" for showing how it's done, with some class.

Ditto. I find myself getting too smartassy.

Tussinman

Reaction score
It’s all negotiations at this point and there’s no need to turn sour on DLaw for doing exactly what anyone of us would do if we were in his shoes is my point.
No one is turning sour on him, there just explaining reality (there's enough holes on defense to where where gonna have a better roster either with him or his money spent on what is a very stacked defensive free agency class for the positions the cowboys need).

ESisback

Reaction score
The deadline was to apply the franchise tag, today.

Now teams got until July 15th to agree on a long term deal or wait until the following offseason to agree on a deal(if the player signs the fT)

That means he won’t take part in the offseason stuff every player needs to maximize his impact, not to mention the distraction and “hurt feelings” that always accompany these drawn out contract disputes.

wssaustin

Reaction score
It is all about leverage. Dallas was hoping to find some gems in this deepest draft class of DLs, so they could have more bargaining chips.

ESisback

Reaction score
reality check...…………..not all contract negotiations go smoothly. some are easy, some vitriolic. sometimes one side makes a bluff and the other caves. other times the bluff is called (leveon bell). i'm sure we'd have rather paid zack less money and he'd have preferred to receive more. but reasonable minds will eventually come to a conclusion in the end. I doubt anyone here knows the offer made to tank. but I doubt it was insulting.

It’s kinda funny to me, though. He gets tagged simply because they didn’t reach a deal before the league’s established deadline. It guarantees him 20.5 million for one year (1!), and he’ll act insulted because the FO just didn’t fall down with their legs in the air.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I would take any position other then TE or possibly WR over a RB with the 4th pick. Safety he would have to be a good one.

I would never take a RB with the 4th pick. Unless I had a complete team and that was the ONLY hole. Even then its a dumb move.
Be hilarious to be around you on a personal level...