Cowboys free agent Greg Hardy: 'I never put my hand on any women'

Status
Not open for further replies.

erod

Reaction score
I don't know let's wait and see first. The season hasn't started and his career isn't over right now. And yeah they do have more information than you and I so why don't you follow your advice and stop making assumptions that they agree with you. :rolleyes:

Pass rushers are a golden commodity and tremendous need. He's the best available.

He's had 0 visits.

Deductive reasoning.

pacy

82 WITTEN 82
Reaction score
Based on the Cowboys not really showing interest in re-signing him, I would say either his asking price is too high (which doesn't make much sense) or there were definitely some issues. You don't let a guy walk away in his prime unless his cost isn't worth his production or his headaches.

Didn't he challenge Garrett in front of the whole team? Think I read that somewhere. I think he said something to him.

slick325

Reaction score
Based on the Cowboys not really showing interest in re-signing him, I would say either his asking price is too high (which doesn't make much sense) or there were definitely some issues. You don't let a guy walk away in his prime unless his cost isn't worth his production or his headaches.

You're probably right Gimme but I do want to hear his version if asked questions about Dallas.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Than if he beat someone up and is lying openly about it?

From a football perspective ... yes.

That might sound cruel, but the only environment that matters with Hardy for our team is the work environment. Now, the DV case can directly impact that in his acceptance in the locker room and its effect on that environment, but let's face it, if Hardy had come to Dallas and been the perfect employee, the accusations wouldn't have mattered. Teammates and coaches would have thought there's no way this guy could have done that.

He'd be welcomed back with open arms as a team leader and potential impact player.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
And he was found guilty before he paid her off to go away.

If I'm wrongly accused of a felony, I'm on every show all day to clear my name. That's what innocent people do.

Especially if it's costing me $50 million and my reputation.

He wasn't found guilty by a jury of his peers and he didn't waive his due process. You can wave your hands at an eccentricity in how NC arraigns cases all you like but that judgment was instantly set aside and a jury trial arranged.

The NC DA dropped the case for lack of evidence and the record of it all has been expunged. You do understand the final disposition is the one that counts right?

gimmesix

Reaction score
Didn't he challenge Garrett in front of the whole team? Think I read that somewhere. I think he said something to him.

I don't know what he did, but it certainly wasn't anything to endear himself to the team. I mean, we know the Twitter stuff and have reports of some other things, but I don't think we have the full picture.

gimmesix

Reaction score
You're probably right Gimme but I do want to hear his version if asked questions about Dallas.

I can understand that. It really doesn't matter to me, though, because we're not going to know the truth. Dallas isn't going to get into a war of words with him.

mldardy

Reaction score
Pass rushers are a golden commodity and tremendous need. He's the best available.

He's had 0 visits.

Deductive reasoning.

Ok so what. That doesn't mean he won't. The football season STARTS in September not April. Follow what you said and that is you don't have the information either. You act like you do though.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Because everybody waits two years to publicly deny false claims of domestic violence.

He's been denying the hitting or choking part for years.

I am not defending him, just pointing it out.

He said from the start he didn't do what she said, but it did seem that he left open that he could have shoved her...and more than once. I'm not sure how that is not considered putting you hands on someone.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
"I've never put my hand on ANY women ... In my whole entire life, No Sir..."
"...yet the pictures of her that surfaced would seem to suggest a woman who had some type of physical contact. How do you explain that?"

"...I didn't say that I didn't do anything wrong. That situation occurred and that situation was handled but ... saying that I did nothing wrong is a stretch but saying I am innocent is correct. Yes sir."

"Did you ever put your hands on her?

"No Sir ... No Sir."

This is total horse hockey....when asked to explain the bruises all over her, he had his chance to explain and didn't, though he clearly admits to doing something wrong, to being responsible for the bruises. What does he mean by "that situation was handled?" Does he consider paying her reparations makes his personal guilt and responsibility go away just because it made the woman and the case go away? He doesn't think body slamming her on top of the weapons counts as putting his hands on her or hitting her? I'm sorry, but all legalities aside, Hardy is both a jackass and a liar.

Have other Cowboys done terrible things? Yes, of course, and some of them have been forgiven and praised for their time as Cowboys...so what?! That doesn't mean we should want to sign Hardy and put him in a Cowboys uniform rather than simply letting him walk. Let him walk! I for one don't have any interest in ever seeing him representing the Cowboys ever again.

Last edited by a moderator:

erod

Reaction score
"...yet the pictures of her that surfaced would seem to suggest a woman who had some type of physical contact. How do you explain that?"

"...I didn't say that I didn't do anything wrong. That situation occurred and that situation was handled but ... saying that I did nothing wrong is a stretch but saying I am innocent is correct. Yes sir."

"No Sir ... No Sir."

This is total horse hockey....when asked to explain the bruises all over her, he had his chance to explain and didn't, though he clearly admits to doing something wrong, to being responsible for the bruises. What does he mean by "that situation was handled?" Does he consider paying her reparations makes his personal guilt and responsibility go away just because it made the woman and the case go away? He doesn't think body slamming her on top of the weapons counts as putting his hands on her or hitting her? I'm sorry, but all legalities aside, Hardy is both a jackass and a liar.

Have other Cowboys done terrible things? Yes, of course, and some of them have been forgiven and praised for their time as Cowboys...so what?! That doesn't mean we should want to sign Hardy and put him in a Cowboys uniform rather than simply letting him walk. Let him walk! I for one don't have any interest in ever seeing him representing the Cowboys ever again.

Thank you.

If a person is innocent of an accusation this severe, they give a complete account as many times as needed to clear themselves.

He just dances around the questions. And the "southern" comment is just embarrassingly absurd.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

"No Sir ... No Sir."

I think the idea was that the bruises came from his 'manager' who was reportedly restraining her according to Hardy when she hit him with her shoe or whatever it was from his version of the police report. She'd also reportedly kicked his car earlier in the week according to him.

I suppose he might also suggest the wounds were self-inflicted, but he's not going that far here.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
He says he is guilty of poor judgement. He should not have been out partying with her and his friends.

He broke up with her after the ProBowl but went back for booty calls a couple times even though he knew she was acting strange. She even talked about suicide if he didn't come back.

Those are the mistakes he is talking about. He was actually raised better. His mother was a Police Officeer and his father was a disciplinarian. He was never violent in his life with men or women. His tardiness and eccentricities are his biggest faults.

But it doesn't matter anymore. People have painted him with the Scarlet Letter and will never change their minds. Even if he was guilty as charged, it was a misdemeanor with no jail time. But people hate him so they can feel better about themselves even though they don't hold their own families and friends to the same high standards for the most part.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He says he is guilty of poor judgement. He should not have been out partying with her and his friends.

He broke up with her after the ProBowl but went back for booty calls a couple times even though he knew she was acting strange. She even talked about suicide if he didn't come back.

Those are the mistakes he is talking about. He was actually raised better. His mother was a Police Officeer and his father was a disciplinarian. He was never violent in his life with men or women. His tardiness and eccentricities are his biggest faults.

But it doesn't matter anymore. People have painted him with the Scarlet Letter and will never change their minds. Even if he was guilty as charged, it was a misdemeanor with no jail time. But people hate him so they can feel better about themselves even though they don't hold their own families and friends to the same high standards for the most part.

I suspect most of what you're saying is true, but Dallas had pretty much gotten their head around all of that. Whatever problems he had last season weren't directly related to the domestic violence issue. If he's not on a team this year, he's got only himself to blame as we were more than willing to work with him.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I suspect most of what you're saying is true, but Dallas had pretty much gotten their head around all of that. Whatever problems he had last season weren't directly related to the domestic violence issue. If he's not on a team this year, he's got only himself to blame as we were more than willing to work with him.

I would say Hardy did what was expected of him last year on the field until it was certain the season was over. I would expect big improvements this year.

If Dallas took all the risk last year, I see nothing but upside this year. The rumored off-field stuff seems penny ante to me.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Whoa...he just got blasted on NFL Live....Woodson has no respect at all for Hardy, and his locker room contacts say Hardy started well, working his way back, but later was late to practices and showed no respect for his teammates. Hodge blasted him for being a stiff and not trying vs Philly, saying 10 guys were playing football, but Hardy wasn't one of them. Bettis says the guy shows no remorse for anything and let his teammates down all year. Not a single guy on the show said a single good thing about him as a man or as a player. They all said they wouldn't touch him.

That's probably been the attitude around the NFL with the exception of the Cowboys. I'm betting he never gets another contract in the NFL. He's done!

Status
Not open for further replies.