Cowboys free agent Greg Hardy: 'I never put my hand on any women'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
And he was found guilty before he paid her off to go away.

If I'm wrongly accused of a felony, I'm on every show all day to clear my name. That's what innocent people do.

Especially if it's costing me $50 million and my reputation.

That's intellectually dishonest.

He was found guilty because of NC's screwy court system that sends those cases to a bench trial and practically guarantees a jury trial on appeal. It behooved the judge to find him guilty because of the bad press if Judge Tin found him innocent.

Afterward, the case was expunged from his record. And the DA stated that it was expunged because he didn't feel comfortable with Holder's testimony in the bench trial versus what she told police at the scene and what the evidence actually showed. Perhaps Hardy paid her off to just get her out of his life, but there's no evidence that actually happened and she may have been unwilling to testify due to fear of perjuring herself.

Hardy has denied it and got skewered for saying that he's going to 'come out guns ablazing' in referencing him making his debut. And it was readily apparent that no TV show or form of media was going to allow Hardy to tell his side of the story. I personally had to dig thru and find out that Holder admitted to being high on coke and drunk at the time (the media sure didn't want to report that) or that Hardy called 911 on Holder (not the other way around) and that Holder was on the 911 call apologizing and pleading with Hardy saying she didn't want to get arrested. And when the police arrived to the place, Holder ran away from the police and they had to corral her. If I'm a victim of battery like Holder claimed, I don't run away from police and I don't beg my attacker to stop calling 911 because I don't want to be arrested.

The DA saw this nonsense and couldn't reconcile Holder's claims.

YR

erod

Reaction score
That's intellectually dishonest.

He was found guilty because of NC's screwy court system that sends those cases to a bench trial and practically guarantees a jury trial on appeal. It behooved the judge to find him guilty because of the bad press if Judge Tin found him innocent.

Afterward, the case was expunged from his record. And the DA stated that it was expunged because he didn't feel comfortable with Holder's testimony in the bench trial versus what she told police at the scene and what the evidence actually showed. Perhaps Hardy paid her off to just get her out of his life, but there's no evidence that actually happened and she may have been unwilling to testify due to fear of perjuring herself.

Hardy has denied it and got skewered for saying that he's going to 'come out guns ablazing' in referencing him making his debut. And it was readily apparent that no TV show or form of media was going to allow Hardy to tell his side of the story. I personally had to dig thru and find out that Holder admitted to being high on coke and drunk at the time (the media sure didn't want to report that) or that Hardy called 911 on Holder (not the other way around) and that Holder was on the 911 call apologizing and pleading with Hardy saying she didn't want to get arrested. And when the police arrived to the place, Holder ran away from the police and they had to corral her. If I'm a victim of battery like Holder claimed, I don't run away from police and I don't beg my attacker to stop calling 911 because I don't want to be arrested.

The DA saw this nonsense and couldn't reconcile Holder's claims.

YR

If that was all there was, 32 teams would be scheduling visits.

He might as well have Ebola as far as these teams are concerned.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Hardy's problem right now has less to do with the DV issues, and a lot more to do with the fact that he wasn't as productive last season and that the one team that gave him a chance and who is still in the market for a DE is keeping a wide berth.

If he can't play, he's obviously not worth the big headache that comes with him. If he were likely to still be a difference maker, he'd get the TO treatment from somebody, you could be pretty sure of that.

erod

Reaction score
Hardy's problem right now has less to do with the DV issues, and a lot more to do with the fact that he wasn't as productive last season and that the one team that gave him a chance and who is still in the market for a DE is keeping a wide berth.

If he can't play, he's obviously not worth the big headache that comes with him. If he were likely to still be a difference maker, he'd get the TO treatment from somebody, you could be pretty sure of that.

He wasn't great, but he was better than other free agents on visits. He wasn't terrible.

What he was, was a colossal pain in the butt for everybody, along with the baggage he brought.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He wasn't great, but he was better than other free agents on visits. He wasn't terrible.

What he was, was a colossal pain in the butt for everybody, along with the baggage he brought.

There's little denying that.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

Perception becomes reality.

For instance, when the Duke lacrosse players were going under their rape allegations nobody would touch them with a 10-foot pole. Even after the accusations were proven false, there were AD's from various schools that wouldn't accept their transfer. Perception became reality even though they were proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they were innocent.

The court records are available as part of the Public Information Act. And media outlets like Gawker have failed to acknowledge many of the things I mention about the case. Then when they got caught not mentioning them, they spun it as 'unimportant' (like somebody who admitted to being high on coke and drunk is unimportant).

But, you know how the media works...they can never admit that they were wrong. And now that the full information regarding the situation is out there that they neglected to mention, they'd rather just ignore it.

The fact is that the DA expunged the conviction from his record. And the fact is that DA's expunging the record isn't something done by happenstance or because 'they couldn't get the victim to testify on appeal.' They expunge the conviction when they know that the case is junk and the accused is innocent. The media can't refute that, so they would rather deflect and ignore that it happened.

YR

mattjames2010

Reaction score

Who cares what this clown says?

When someone brings up their own personal experience, anecdotal evidence most of the time, I already brush it off as a biased viewpoint and thinking with emotion.

I have a feeling Steve Smith is another moron ESPN snatches up after he retires. Can't wait for another person with an IQ of 80 rambling on alongside Carter

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Who cares what this clown says?

When someone brings up their own personal experience, anecdotal evidence most of the time, I already brush it off as a biased viewpoint and thinking with emotion.

I have a feeling Steve Smith is another moron ESPN snatches up after he retires. Can't wait for another person with an IQ of 80 rambling on alongside Carter

you may not care what he says, but his point is valid, or we to believe she tripped and fell and that's what caused the bruises in the photo?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The way he shot himself in the foot on that ESPN interview, I'm not so sure.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
you may not care what he says, but his point is valid, or we to believe she tripped and fell and that's what caused the bruises in the photo?

This has already been explained. Smith is a moron who hasn't brushed up on the case. The pictures show marks on her back, arm, and some on her chin. No one has denied, not even Hardy, that there was a struggle or contact at some point. We all know what he was meaning by "Not putting my hands on a woman", he was meaning a violent act. She was drunk and high that night, going at him with both her fists and with objects. Do I believe he pushed her? Yep. Do I believe he hit her? No, and the markings on her body do not indicate hitting.

Smith is a twerp who has anger issues himself.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
This has already been explained. Smith is a moron who hasn't brushed up on the case. The pictures show marks on her back, arm, and some on her chin. No one has denied, not even Hardy, that there was a struggle or contact at some point. We all know what he was meaning by "Not putting my hands on a woman", he was meaning a violent act. She was drunk and high that night, going at him with both her fists and with objects. Do I believe he pushed her? Yep. Do I believe he hit her? No, and the markings on her body do not indicate hitting.

Smith is a twerp who has anger issues himself.

lol, I don't think Smith is unaware of the details, but it's a joke to sit down and do an interview, and say you never put your hands on a woman when it's not true. he clearly did something, even you admitted it, so don't do a sit down interview unless you are willing to own up to it.

erod

Reaction score
I haven't heard a non-Cowboys fan defend Hardy yet, and he pretty much admitted that the spotlight in Dallas was too much for him. I think he may have played his last down in the NFL.

Players generally deserve second chances. Hardy got his, and he blew it in grand fashion.

He needs to shoot for a job in Jacksonville where he can play in virtual anonymity.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I haven't heard a non-Cowboys fan defend Hardy yet, and he pretty much admitted that the spotlight in Dallas was too much for him. I think he may have played his last down in the NFL.

Players generally deserve second chances. Hardy got his, and he blew it in grand fashion.

He needs to shoot for a job in Jacksonville where he can play in virtual anonymity.

Because the major media sites have been painting him as a monster. There's no reason for anyone other than Cowboys fans to look into his case deeper.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
lol, I don't think Smith is unaware of the details, but it's a joke to sit down and do an interview, and say you never put your hands on a woman when it's not true. he clearly did something, even you admitted it, so don't do a sit down interview unless you are willing to own up to it.

Which...Hardy didn't deny. What is the struggle here, guys? Seriously.

Why do you think he stopped Adam and said he wasn't in the right? He said he didn't put his hand on a woman, he was meaning he didn't slap her around that night. Again, her bruises do not indicate she was beaten. It shows she was grabbed, I'm sure she was pushed and fell at some point.

There's a pretty big difference between beating a woman and grabbing and pushing a girl who is charging at you, hitting you, and having objects in her hands.

erod

Reaction score
Because the major media sites have been painting him as a monster. There's no reason for anyone other than Cowboys fans to look into his case deeper.

LOL, wow.

32 teams know WAY more than you do, and they won't even look his way.

A bit of deductive reasoning would go a long way for you.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Panther fans defended him fairly staunchly, as well. There's a lot of uncertainty about what really went down in his case. I'd imagine most people who really bothered to look into the police reports would come away conflicted as to what really happened.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
LOL, wow.

32 teams know WAY more than you do, and they won't even look his way.

A bit of deductive reasoning would go a long way for you.

32 teams know more? Teams don't care about what happened, they care about the massive media backlash. Think.

Also, what "more" do they know that hasn't been released? Go ahead, let everyone know what you believe teams secretly know around the league.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
He beat a 120 lb gold digger.

But it was still a woman.

Guy is trash and I hope he is out of the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.