Cowboys got lucky by not drafting Paxton Lynch

AtlCPA

Reaction score
Please refresh my memory Weren't the cowboys looking to draft Lynch until the Broncos jumped ahead of them. From what I've seen tonight & last year. Thank you John Elway.
Thank the Raiders for jumping in front of us and taking Connor Cook as well.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
They've developed Dak into a solid pro and Rush as a solid backup...what has Denver done with their qbs?
Dak wins despite the coaching much like Romo did throughout his entire career here. Why did Brandon Weeden look like Dan Marino once he left here?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Yes thankfully that trade did not happen. Lynch is not a good QB. I know Denver's situation might not be ideal but he has shown nothing at all. No way we go 13-3 and a 1 seed with Lynch in 2016.

sbark

Reaction score
Dak wins despite the coaching much like Romo did throughout his entire career here. Why did Brandon Weeden look like Dan Marino once he left here?
Hmmmm, if my memory serves me right, a handful of wins in Houston before hitting the pine again

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Johnny was a first round qb. He won't be the first or three last first round qb bust.

Also it you blame Jerry for the bad selections he makes you can't balme him for bad selections he didn't make. That....doesn't make sense.

On Lynch he tried but just got outbidded " thank God" and son talked sense into him about money. He thought Quincy was the man but the rooster finally came home to roost on that pick. I'm sleep now!

kskboys

Reaction score
Weeden had 305 yds passing in 2 games. That'll get you benched most places. Hous D held Indy and TENN to 10 and 6 pts. Weeden wasn't any better there than here, except that he didn't turn the ball over because Hous has a D that allowed him to bus drive instead of having to make plays as he did here.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Well old jerrah wanted Johnny "money" Manzell also. What does that tell you about his QB eye.
every time jerry jones has wanted a qb that qb has turned out to be awful. then when he does not think that a qb is any good he plays pretty decent. jones was not a big fan of drafting Romo or Prescott and they have become starters.

lwehlers

Reaction score
I was a Lynch fan, so Ill play devils advocate a bit here. Lynch was the most talented passer in that draft, even more so then Wentz. At that prospect stage, he was able to do something very few can do and is throw with touch effectively for someone with a cannon arm.

His draft spot is a red flag. QB's with his talent rarely go outside the top 5, let alone the late first round. There were reports his interviews werent great, but it must have been much worse. And he is showing us how much of the position is mental.

that was one of the major question marks on lynch in his pre draft interviews. he did not grade well in reading defenses on tape in interviews.

lwehlers

Reaction score
Quincy had enough talent to be a good QB in this league.
It was the failed drug test that did him in.

quincy was only good enough to be a backup. just my opinion. if parcells had a chance to get vinny his first year here he would have not started carter at all.

lwehlers

Reaction score
philly kicked us in the cajones moving up and taking wentz. but Denver did us a favor by moving up and taking lynch. he's been a failure. we're better off with dak.
I do not know if we are better off with dak but we sure are better then with lynch. if we had lynch instead we probably would have been drafting in the top five and maybe could have drafted rosen or darnold this past draft.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
Weeden had 305 yds passing in 2 games. That'll get you benched most places. Hous D held Indy and TENN to 10 and 6 pts. Weeden wasn't any better there than here, except that he didn't turn the ball over because Hous has a D that allowed him to bus drive instead of having to make plays as he did here.
Weeden’s stats were for six quarters, as he replaced TJ Yates due to injury, so his numbers were fine. He also had only 2 interceptions in four games with Dallas, so implying he turned the ball over less doesn’t make any sense since he didn’t have a turnover problem. It sounds like you don’t know what you’re talking about in a weak attempt to discredit Weeden. Weeden “won” two games with the Texans with almost zero preparation and admitted to not even knowing all of the players names in the huddle because he had just got there.

kskboys

Reaction score
Weeden’s stats were for six quarters, as he replaced TJ Yates due to injury, so his numbers were fine. He also had only 2 interceptions in four games with Dallas, so implying he turned the ball over less doesn’t make any sense since he didn’t have a turnover problem. It sounds like you don’t know what you’re talking about in a weak attempt to discredit Weeden. Weeden “won” two games with the Texans with almost zero preparation and admitted to not even knowing all of the players names in the huddle because he had just got there.
And it sounds as if you are a very weak debater who can't win a debate w/o a personal attack. Seriously, your post is junk. Why would you even bother to type that junk in?

I watched the games he played. He was a bus driver. He did make a few plays.

It's easy for a QB to "win" a game when the D holds the opponent to 10 or less. Are you like a newbie to football? I mean, this is very simple stuff. It really sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about.

kskboys

Reaction score
quincy was only good enough to be a backup. just my opinion. if parcells had a chance to get vinny his first year here he would have not started carter at all.
Quincy was pretty bad. His 3,302 yds passing were way below average, his 17/21 TD/INT ratio was atrocious, and having the #1 D in the NFL that year had more to do w/ the team winning than any other factor.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please refresh my memory Weren't the cowboys looking to draft Lynch until the Broncos jumped ahead of them. From what I've seen tonight & last year. Thank you John Elway.

I think it was the Cowboys who were looking to move up in the draft to get Lynch, but apparently the cost to do it was more than they were willing to pay.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
And it sounds as if you are a very weak debater who can't win a debate w/o a personal attack. Seriously, your post is junk. Why would you even bother to type that junk in?

I watched the games he played. He was a bus driver. He did make a few plays.

It's easy for a QB to "win" a game when the D holds the opponent to 10 or less. Are you like a newbie to football? I mean, this is very simple stuff. It really sounds like you have no idea what you're talking about.
You were factually wrong, and you were quickly corrected. You’re supposed to say “thank you”, not cry like a child. You made an honest mistake. It’s ok.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We tried to trade up multiple times before picking dak. We tried trading up for lynch connor cook and I believe someone else

Crazy how it all works out.

I don’t remember a third QB, but I’m glad they were conservative in what they were willing to pay.

kskboys

Reaction score
You were factually wrong, and you were quickly corrected. You’re supposed to say “thank you”, not cry like a child. You made an honest mistake. It’s ok.
And you couldn't even refute the argument, had to resort to a weak personal attack!!! You should be a man and apologize, but it's OK, not all of us can be adults!!!!!!!!!

And then you didn't even notice that you were corrected!!! Guess 2nd grade was just too hard for you!!! It's ok, we can't all be smart!!!

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
And you couldn't even refute the argument, had to resort to a weak personal attack!!! You should be a man and apologize, but it's OK, not all of us can be adults!!!!!!!!!

And then you didn't even notice that you were corrected!!! Guess 2nd grade was just too hard for you!!! It's ok, we can't all be smart!!!
There wasn’t any argument... I corrected you, that’s it. I’m ok with you giving your opinion on Weeden’s play. I wouldn’t have responded to just that.