Cowboys have had "initial conversations with Wagner"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowdown27

Reaction score
What’s pathetic is we’re trying resign lve first over Wagner. Bobby should be our priority.

JayFord

Reaction score
lets not waste our time

this FO is like that parent that takes you to the mall gets you all hype then says "heres 10 bucks but bring me back my change"

Motorola

Reaction score
Due to our FA history of the past 10 years, we shouldn't allow any "discussion" or "reached out" tweets to be posted lol. It just creates a 10+ page thread of endless speculation that just ends with the player signing somewhere else.
And - the same "intitial conversations", "reached out" interactions, and "discussions" occur between the other 31 teams and the free agents -
wIth most of them resulting in no deals being made.

Creeper

Reaction score
I may be wrong, and in the minority, but I hope they don't sign Wagner. At 33 he is on the verge of dropping off the cliff. It could be this year, or next, but it happens to every player. I would not want to commit what little assets Jerry is willing to spend and find out this is the year Wagner shows his age. We just went through that with Anthony Barr.

JayFord

Reaction score
I may be wrong, and in the minority, but I hope they don't sign Wagner. At 33 he is on the verge of dropping off the cliff. It could be this year, or next, but it happens to every player. I would not want to commit what little assets Jerry is willing to spend and find out this is the year Wagner shows his age. We just went through that with Anthony Barr.
You don't have to hope

they're not signing him

Sydla

Reaction score
Look, here's what's happening. Cowboys plant their interest level in Wagner's camp. Then they sit and wait to see if the market doesn't develop for him. If it does and he goes elsewhere, no skin off their butt.

This is how they approach FA. It's not that they go out and get a player they really want. They "hope" to get a player they really want for cheap.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Jerry's "Initial conversation", would you accept a vet minimum incentive laden contract...

Wagner - laughter, NO, hangs up!

Verdict

Reaction score
Man, I have to say that reading this thread makes me wonder what has happened to the world. It’s like a bunch of whining adolescent school girls.

Free agency hasn’t even started yet and some of you are already whining, crying and carrying on. Lol. After free agency has dried up and we haven’t signed anyone yet then come and whine and say “I told you so” but let’s at least wait to see what we do this year. SMH.

Havic

Reaction score
Will you play for less?

No

Ok thank you for your time.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Due to our FA history of the past 10 years, we shouldn't allow any "discussion" or "reached out" tweets to be posted lol. It just creates a 10+ page thread of endless speculation that just ends with the player signing somewhere else.
The player & agents are fine with it though as it just drives up the "perceived" market.

tm1119

Reaction score
“Initial conversation” means Stephen offered him a low # for the privilege of being on the Cowboys and Wagner will shop that offer elsewhere for more $.

OriginalNameGuy

Reaction score
So he's signing elsewhere. You can expect to read this about any decent FA in a position of need or any trade prospect trying to leverage his team

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I'll be shocked if Wagner signs with the Cowboys.
I wouldn't, there was a huge difference between him and Vander salary. Vander made alot if money in 2022. Wagner made 12mil last yr. They're saying Vander will be between 8-10mil per. I say closer to 8. Give Wagner 11 and call it a day. Hell see if he'd play for 10. I think he would to play for a defense he knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.