Cowboys Have Scouts Watching Simms

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;2189907 said:
I would trade Bobby Carpenter for Simms straight up, no questions asked.

I'd trade him for a box of Rice-a-Roni (the kind with the diced almonds).

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
silverbear;2189597 said:
Already covered that one, quoting Wikipedia... since you apparently missed it, lemme refresh your memory:

Sure sounds to me like he had more than a little to do with putting the Bucs in the playoffs... we have 3 come from behind victories, a 4th aborted by a missed chip shot field goal, a 5th aborted by a dropped TD pass... we have two losses in that stretch, one to the defending Super Bowl champs, one to the league's leading defense...

Perhaps your expectations for a backup QB are ridiculously high...

Excuse me if I don't believe you, with all your talk about "Chrissy Sissy"... that juvenile insult suggests a very deep-seated, and rather ridiculous, hatred of the guy...

I repeat, until and unless you've done something as courageous as play a football game with a freakin' ruptured spleen, you make a fool of yourself when you label the guy a "sissy"... it takes real testicular fortitude to keep on playing when you're hurt THAT badly...

Your guarantee is worthless to me... if Chris can perform adequately in the feeble offense that Tampa Bay traditionally has, then it is quite logical to expect that he can play even better if plugged into a good offense (especially a good pass-blocking line, because Chris is the classic pocket QB, he's not gonna scramble much for ya)...

Well, sounds like we should just agree to disagree, period. Your opinion is yours and since this is a public forum, you are more than entitled to it, but I don't share it on any level. As for your comments about my guarantee, I can't say that your thoughts on it carry any more weight with me than mine with you at this stage, since I think you have deep seeded Simms man-love as much as you think I have Simms hatred.

Fact is that we see Chrissy from different directions, which is fine, but I watched twelve of the Bucs games that season and I believe my own eyes/Gruden. While I love Wiki as much as the next person, what it overlooks in this instance is where Simms helped stall quite a few early drives with errant throws and or interceptions to put them in the hole before coming up with those "late game heroics". The only games he can truly hang his hat on that year were against Washington and the Saints while the Defense kept them in the game the other times to set up those heroics that were referenced. Does Simms deserve late game credit, sure, but only if you also count his misques that helped set up the heroics in the first place. Plus you are absolutely ignoring that he regressed horribly the next season prior to the injury.

By the way, my Chrissy comments are not a reflection of his ability to take punishment, they are a reflection of his head. I think he is soft mentally and can get skittish feet easily, which is why he will have those stinkers at least two to three times per year. He was in the middle of a doozy of a stretch prior to his injury. I want a back-up that can take care of the ship and lean on the talent to win games and I think Simms is the guy that will make you say wow one game only to give it away the next.

If you want to continue this debate, you'll have to send me an email, I will be out for the next week fishing, but I don't want to miss any of your thoughts on my worthless juvenille opinions because they are passionate if nothing else. ;)

RicInAustin

Reaction score
hes the rb coach at UT. most likely will succeed greg davis as the next OC in a few years.

i dont think he ever was at tenn. went from graduate asst at UT to qb coach at syracuse, to oc at rice, to oc at bama, now back at UT.

Aven8

Reaction score
silverbear;2187459 said:
I understand, Carp's jock strap would undoubtedly be one of your most prized possessions...

A 26-6 record suggests otherwise... that's the 3rd best in school history, behind Vince Young and Bobby Layne... it's better than Major's 22-8 record...

As for him "sucking" at Tampa Bay, here's what Wikipedia has to say on the subject:

So, he had at least one streak where he played some very solid football, starting for a playoff team...

You're comparing Simms to Bobby Layne and Vince Young????? That is hilarious!!! :laugh2: What are you from New Jersey or something????? As Randy Galloway always says.....Just watch the damn game!!!! He sucks!

Aven8

Reaction score
dozin@theknick;2189683 said:
They are supposed to....

Right into the dirt???? Watch the damn games!! The nose of the football is always heading downward....it's been a problem he's had his whole career!