Cowboys having positive talks with Prescott/France on deal

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak and our offense struggled but eventually started clicking. While our defense crapped the bed the entire game. Our defense is what choked. The Packers didn’t start sitting their starters until the fourth quarter and ended up having to bring them back into the game because Dak was carving them up.
lmao...you so funny, KJJ. Where was all this "carving" at the beginning of the game?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You produce on offense to keep the pace.
I tend to stay out of the player only critiques, especially when it comes to Dallas' quarterback. However, I will make a comment that will likely get me skewered, lol.

Dallas and Denver faced off in a memorable game on October 5, 2013. Dallas took an early 14-0 lead. Denver regained a 21-17 lead in the second quarter. The Broncos extended their lead to 28-17. Eventually, Dallas caught and passed Denver, making it 41-38 Dallas in the fourth quarter. Then Dallas tied the score 41-41. Then Dallas took a 48-41 lead. Then Denver tied the score at 48-48. Then Tony Romo threw his one-and-only interception of the game, deep in Dallas territory, just before the two-minute warning. Denver wasted clock. Kicked the short 28-yard field goal. Game over. 51-48.

^ That was 11 years ago. It was a regular season game. On CowboysZone, the defense has never been heavily criticized for not stopping the Peyton Manning-led offense, racking up 500+ yards of offense. The Broncos were gifted with only three points by the Romo-led offense.

It should be noted that Dallas' defense recovered a fumble early in Denver territory during the first quarter, helping Dallas to a short field that the offense converted into a touchdown. However, that was the single spotlight for the Dallas defense almost all game long.

Who has been heavily blamed for that regular season loss due to throwing a single, late interception, each time it has been made part of a conversation?

Answer: The quarterback.

Criticism is often lopsided and unfair. Fans see how games play out though. Last January, fans saw their team's defense receive a proctectomy but that is not all their eyes took in. Fans saw their team get down 27-0 late in the second quarter, partially due to two thrown interceptions. Eyeballs witnessed their team down 41-16 as the third quarter ended.

Sometimes.

Just sometimes.

One element of a team should rise up and meet the challenge of the moment, especially during the playoffs when it is win or go fishing. Fan expectation cannot be placed onto the special team's shoulders to overcome a scoring deficit. The offense must be that element if the defense goes MIA.

The offense did not rise up to the occasion last January. And the offense is led by the quarterback. If a regular season loss beats up a quarterback for their part in losing the game, a postseason loss should definitely beat up a quarterback for their part in losing a playoff game. More so, in fact. No team--having offense, defense, special teams and coaching--wins championships before the playoffs.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He gave them seven points on the pick-six.
No he gave them 14. Turning the ball over in the red zone in todays NFL and asking the defense to stop a 17 yard drive for a TD is a lot.

He literally put the team in a position they couldn't recover from. The entire sideline and fan base rolled their eyes and said here we go again.

The defense was built to play with a lead. They struggled and the offense need to help them out. Spit the bit instead.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I haven’t had a hero since Tony Dorsett when I was 10 lol. I don’t marry the players like u, I cheer them on if they have a star on the helmet including Dak. We saw him light some teams up last year in the reg season, in the playoffs he’s seeing ghosts. He needs a head doctor
Big lies. You're no supporter of Dak.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dude, you asked the question, "How do you have a chance when the defense couldn’t get a stop?"

I just tried to help you with your confusion. The way you "have a chance" when your defense isn't playing well is for the offense to take advantage of their opportunities. Not sure how that is even arguable. I'm sure you've heard of the term "shootout"? Of course it's not ideal but it happens and that is how you "have a chance".

I'm guessing you are not aware that the Cowboys had more drives/opportunities then the Packers did?
I don’t know who had more drives I just know from what I saw if the Packers wanted to score 70 they could’ve. It’s the playoffs…..shootouts rarely even happen. Even as dominate as the 49ers are over us they even didn’t look like the Packers. Just a pathetic showing. Shouldn’t have even taken a shootout.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No he gave them 14. Turning the ball over in the red zone in todays NFL and asking the defense to stop a 17 yard drive for a TD is a lot.

He literally put the team in a position they couldn't recover from. The entire sideline and fan base rolled their eyes and said here we go again.

The defense was built to play with a lead. They struggled and the offense need to help them out. Spit the bit instead.
The defense has stopped better competition from scoring within the 20.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I tend to stay out of the player only critiques, especially when it comes to Dallas' quarterback. However, I will make a comment that will likely get me skewered, lol.

Dallas and Denver faced off in a memorable game on October 5, 2013. Dallas took an early 14-0 lead. Denver regained a 21-17 lead in the second quarter. The Broncos extended their lead to 28-17. Eventually, Dallas caught and passed Denver, making it 41-38 Dallas in the fourth quarter. Then Dallas tied the score 41-41. Then Dallas took a 48-41 lead. Then Denver tied the score at 48-48. Then Tony Romo threw his one-and-only interception of the game, deep in Dallas territory, just before the two-minute warning. Denver wasted clock. Kicked the short 28-yard field goal. Game over. 51-48.

^ That was 11 years ago. It was a regular season game. On CowboysZone, the defense has never been heavily criticized for not stopping the Peyton Manning-led offense, racking up 500+ yards of offense. The Broncos were gifted with only three points by the Romo-led offense.

It should be noted that Dallas' defense recovered a fumble early in Denver territory during the first quarter, helping Dallas to a short field that the offense converted into a touchdown. However, that was the single spotlight for the Dallas defense almost all game long.

Who has been heavily blamed for that regular season loss due to throwing a single, late interception, each time it has been made part of a conversation?

Criticism is often lopsided and unfair. Fans see how games play out though. Last January, fans saw their team's defense receive a proctectomy but that is not all their eyes took in. Fans saw their team get down 27-0 late in the second quarter, partially due to two thrown interceptions. Eyeballs witnessed their team down 41-16 as the third quarter ended.

Sometimes.

Just sometimes.

One element of a team should rise up and meet the challenge of the moment, especially during the playoffs when it is win or go fishing. Fan expectation cannot be placed onto the special team's shoulders to overcome a scoring deficit. The offense must be that element if the defense goes MIA.

The offense did not rise up to the occasion last January. And the offense is led by the quarterback. If a regular season loss beats up a quarterback for their part in losing the game, a postseason loss should definitely beat up a quarterback for their part in losing a playoff game. More so, in fact. No team--having offense, defense, special teams and coaching--wins championships before the playoffs.
I had that game in mind when typing my response. Also the 2018 Rams game and the 2016 Packers game. The defense is heavily criticized in all of those games, and rightfully so. It always go unmentioned that the offense was MIA for long stretches of each of those games before putting up some numbers trying to come back from a large deficit.

The majority of times both teams have the same number of offensive drives in any given game. That the offense can't take advantage of their opportunities has very little, if anything, to do with how the defense is playing.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Sometimes.

Just sometimes.

The problem with the Broncos game is going back and forth with Peyton and the Broncos. You aren’t going to win many games like this.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I had that game in mind when typing my response. Also the 2018 Rams game and the 2016 Packers game. The defense is heavily criticized in all of those games, and rightfully so. It always go unmentioned that the offense was MIA for long stretches of each of those games before putting up some numbers trying to come back from a large deficit.

The majority of times both teams have the same number of offensive drives in any given game. That the offense can't take advantage of their opportunities has very little, if anything, to do with how the defense is playing.
Offenses go MIA. That’s the NFL. Defenses can’t give up 50-60 points.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem with the Broncos game is going back and forth with Peyton and the Broncos. You aren’t going to win many games like this.
Both Denver and Dallas' defense did not essentially stop their opponent's offense all game. Denver won the game in real life. Dallas could have conceivably beaten Peyton and the Broncos in that exact kind of game on that particular date.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The offense needed to score for the Cowboys not GB. Give the defense a chance. They were built to play with a lead.
What? The defense was not built to play with a lead since when? When an offense struggles the defense needs to help them and bail them out. When a defense struggles an offense needs to stop putting the defense in bad situations like starting opposing teams on the 17 yard line. The Cowboys will never win if the standard is “don’t go MIA”. The offense is gonna struggle at times and the defense is gonna give up scores.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Both Denver and Dallas' defense did not essentially stop their opponent's offense all game. Denver won the game in real life. Dallas could have conceivably beaten Peyton and the Broncos in that exact kind of game on that particular date.
I mean it was a shootout. Shootouts are 50/50. I’m a firm believer if you ask your quarterback to throw 40-50 times you are gonna lose a lot of those games. It’s not a winning formula. And of course the game ended on a Romo pick. You throw it that many times things go bad.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Too late. The game was already over. Everyone knew it.
The only reason the game was over when it was 27-0 in the first quarter is because we showed no resiliency during the regular season when we got way behind and our defense was being manhandled. With over nine minutes left in the third quarter we closed the gap to 27-10 and instead of our defense stepping up, we proceeded to give up a 75 yard TD drive in only five plays. That’s when even the most hopeful fans knew the game was over. Had our defense been able to make a stop and we were able to put another TD on the board we would’ve been back in that game with plenty of time left. Our defense was GARBAGE!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The only reason the game was over when it was 27-0 in the first quarter is because we showed no resiliency during the regular season when we got way behind and our defense was being manhandled. With over nine minutes left in the third quarter we closed the gap to 27-10 and instead of our defense stepping up, we proceeded to give up a 75 yard TD drive in only five plays. That’s when even the most hopeful fans knew the game was over. Had our defense been able to make a stop and we were able to put another TD on the board we would’ve been back in that game with plenty of time left. Our defense was GARBAGE!
If the defense was GARBAGE, how come Dak was not "carving them up" to help out? You funny, KJJ.