Cowboys having positive talks with Prescott/France on deal

Brooksey

Reaction score
You’re still confusing his performance from game to game with leadership. :rolleyes: In your first post, you said he lacks leadership in the playoffs because his playoff record isn’t good. Losing a game doesn’t mean a QB lacked leadership that day. So I guess Patrick Mahomes lacked leadership in the blowout loss to Tampa in the Super Bowl a few years ago? I listed three Hall of Fame QBs that had playoff struggles and it wasn’t because they lacked leadership in the playoffs. If you’re just looking to bash Dak go find someone else.
Leadership is lifting people up around you instead of making them panic because you're panicking. Mahomes has shown the ability to lead his team to a SB title, so that day against TB is excused.

Sorry if you don't like the truth or can't handle it. You wanna be a cheerleader, fine it's cute and everything but get real bro

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Leadership is lifting people up around you instead of making them panic because you're panicking. Mahomes has shown the ability to lead his team to a SB title, so that day against TB is excused.

Sorry if you don't like the truth or can't handle it. You wanna be a cheerleader, fine it's cute and everything but get real bro
You’re ignoring the three Hall of Fame QBs I brought up that had losing playoff records. You’re blaming Dak for other players panicking? :rolleyes: Was Dak the reason the defense quit before our offense ever saw the field? The Cowboys have only had three QBs in their entire history lead them to a Super Bowl. Since Dak was drafted in 2016, the only QB drafted since then that’s won a Super Bowl is Mahomes. You’re the one that can’t handle the truth and it’s starting to ruffle your feathers. It’s best we move on.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Or 2nd…or 3rd
They used a third round pick on Drew Henson in the early 2000s and he flamed out after only one season. We’re trying to avoid wasting a high pick on a QB that could go bust. Less than 50% of the QBs drafted in the first round become solid NFL starters. That includes QBs taken in the top 10. The odds are even lower landing a great franchise QB with a first round pick. The only QB that’s turned into a franchise QB taken after pick 20 since at least 2018 is Lamar Jackson. Jordan Love has a chance, but the jury is still out. The Joneses are trying to hit on a QB with a lower round pick because they’ve had some success.

They found Romo without having to use a draft pick and they found Dak with a fourth round pick. Back in the 70s the Cowboys found Danny White with a third round pick. Roger Staubach, who would have been a first round pick had he not had to fulfill his naval agreement, was drafted in the 12th round. It doesn’t set you back if a lower round QB doesn’t pan out. You only want to use a high pick on a QB when you absolutely need one because the odds are very slim they’ll pan out.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

Yep, and lets be fair, I think Dak himself will acknowledge (privately) that in those play-off moments, of most need, he's come up short (x3). Composure goes and is compounded by every error/mistake (from him or team-mates). BUT, I DO ADHERE TO THE THEORY THAT DAK BELIEVES HE HAS TO PLAY THE HERO (maybe to justify the contract).

Indeed, we/some like to deflect blame to the running game, however:

GB game, the running game was working, Dak, chose to go pass heavy - failure
SF (x2): our last scores (one TD (2021) and FG (2022), were performed in drives utilizing the run as well as pass.

Things only went catastrophic/critical when Dak was forced to abandon the run.....no wonder Jimmie Ward made those comments.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

This sounds like, Dak, do want to win (you'll win)......GIVE ME A LONGER CONTRACT.

I wonder how the extremes look at this, as to me, on the fence, that seems the compromise (not a fashionable word, these days). The how much do you want to win (money) vrs win (on the field).

Last edited:

Brooksey

Reaction score
You’re ignoring the three Hall of Fame QBs I brought up that had losing playoff records. You’re blaming Dak for other players panicking? :rolleyes: Was Dak the reason the defense quit before our offense ever saw the field? The Cowboys have only had three QBs in their entire history lead them to a Super Bowl. Since Dak was drafted in 2016, the only QB drafted since then that’s won a Super Bowl is Mahomes. You’re the one that can’t handle the truth and it’s starting to ruffle your feathers. It’s best we move on.
Haha you're a funny guy. Against GB in playoffs (the 7th seed) GB comes down and scores 7 yes, but we get the ball and Dak misses a crucial 3rd and 5 to a wide open Lamb. We punt, Defense HOLDS and Dak throws an INT inside our own 20 yard line.
We're down 14-0. We get the ball back Dak back pedals 15 yards at our 35 and takes a sack on 3rd and 5 which takes us out of FG range, had all day to throw it away, boom down 21-0. We get the ball back Dak throws another INT inside our own territory we're down 28-0.

There's two minutes left before half, Dak led the biggest choke job I ever saw, probably the worst in franchise history, but go ahead and blame the demoralized defense (ranked #3 in the league) with two short fields in their own territory.

Let me know if you want me to do SF :rolleyes:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Haha you're a funny guy. Against GB in playoffs (the 7th seed) GB comes down and scores 7 yes, but we get the ball and Dak misses a crucial 3rd and 5 to a wide open Lamb. We punt, Defense HOLDS and Dak throws an INT inside our own 20 yard line.
We're down 14-0. We get the ball back Dak back pedals 15 yards at our 35 and takes a sack on 3rd and 5 which takes us out of FG range, had all day to throw it away, boom down 21-0. We get the ball back Dak throws another INT inside our own territory we're down 28-0.

There's two minutes left before half, Dak led the biggest choke job I ever saw, probably the worst in franchise history, but go ahead and blame the demoralized defense (ranked #3 in the league) with two short fields in their own territory.

Let me know if you want me to do SF :rolleyes:
Our defense got manhandle the entire game. We had over 500 yards of offense, with over 400 yards coming from our QB along with 37 first downs and still got blown out. Go rant about Dak to someone else. :rolleyes:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Mahomes dink-n-dunked his way through the playoffs and throughout the SB for a win.

Don't believe me? Go rewatch the Chiefs' 2023 season playoff games.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Yep, and lets be fair, I think Dak himself will acknowledge (privately) that in those play-off moments, of most need, he's come up short (x3). Composure goes and is compounded by every error/mistake (from him or team-mates). BUT, I DO ADHERE TO THE THEORY THAT DAK BELIEVES HE HAS TO PLAY THE HERO (maybe to justify the contract).

Indeed, we/some like to deflect blame to the running game, however:

GB game, the running game was working, Dak, chose to go pass heavy - failure
SF (x2): our last scores (one TD (2021) and FG (2022), were performed in drives utilizing the run as well as pass.

Things only went catastrophic/critical when Dak was forced to abandon the run.....no wonder Jimmie Ward made those comments.
Why was Dak and the offense forced to abandon the run in the playoffs vs GB?

Brooksey

Reaction score
Our defense got manhandle the entire game. We had over 500 yards of offense, with over 400 yards coming from our QB along with 37 first downs and still got blown out. Go rant about Dak to someone else. :rolleyes:
Most of the 500 yards of offense was in garbage time. The Game was over, Dak choked it up

Brooksey

Reaction score
Mahomes dink-n-dunked his way through the playoffs and throughout the SB for a win.

Don't believe me? Go rewatch the Chiefs' 2023 season playoff games.
Mahomes doesn't throw multiple picks inside his own 30 in the playoffs, he throws darts with 13 seconds left in the AFC Champ to move his team 50 yards to advance to the SB.

Dak can't do that, he would take a sack and you would blame it on Tyron Smith or Cee Dee Lamb lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Mahomes doesn't throw multiple picks inside his own 30 in the playoffs, he throws darts with 13 seconds left in the AFC Champ to move his team 50 yards to advance to the SB.

Dak can't do that, he would take a sack and you would blame it on Tyron Smith or Cee Dee Lamb lol
It definitely helps win any playoff game when the Chiefs defense holds the Ravens to only 10 points. Like I said, Mahomes threw the ball 39 times for only 241 yards: dink-n-dunk. Plus, at least his running game ran for 75+ yards which helped his offense move the ball, something the Cowboys haven't had for 3 straight playoff seasons in a row.

I'm not surprised you intentionally left all of that out since it doesn't fit your agenda.

MikeT22

Reaction score
They used a third round pick on Drew Henson in the early 2000s and he flamed out after only one season. We’re trying to avoid wasting a high pick on a QB that could go bust. Less than 50% of the QBs drafted in the first round become solid NFL starters. That includes QBs taken in the top 10. The odds are even lower landing a great franchise QB with a first round pick. The only QB that’s turned into a franchise QB taken after pick 20 since at least 2018 is Lamar Jackson. Jordan Love has a chance, but the jury is still out. The Joneses are trying to hit on a QB with a lower round pick because they’ve had some success.

They found Romo without having to use a draft pick and they found Dak with a fourth round pick. Back in the 70s the Cowboys found Danny White with a third round pick. Roger Staubach, who would have been a first round pick had he not had to fulfill his naval agreement, was drafted in the 12th round. It doesn’t set you back if a lower round QB doesn’t pan out. You only want to use a high pick on a QB when you absolutely need one because the odds are very slim they’ll pan out.
Odds are slimmer lower round QBs will pan out.

Brooksey

Reaction score
It definitely helps win any playoff game when the Chiefs defense holds the Ravens to only 10 points. Like I said, Mahomes threw the ball 39 times for only 241 yards: dink-n-dunk. Plus, at least his running game ran for 75+ yards which helped his offense move the ball, something the Cowboys haven't had for 3 straight playoff seasons in a row.

I'm not surprised you intentionally left all of that out since it doesn't fit your agenda.
I wonder if the Chiefs Defense can hold them to 10 points if Mahomes throws multiple early picks in the game inside his own 30, and let's the game get blown wide open 28-0? Doubtful, but facts don't fit your agenda.

To even compare Mahomes and Dak is comical

Brooksey

Reaction score
He never gave up. Had our defense not given up and made a few stops we might have had a chance in the fourth quarter.
The game was over. We were playing against their 2rd string defense in the 4th quarter, Dak had us down 28-0 to the 7th seeded Packers. It wasn't 28-21 where our defense was bleeding and Dak was balling.

Dak choked it up like a dog

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I wonder if the Chiefs Defense can hold them to 10 points if Mahomes throws multiple early picks in the game inside his own 30, and let's the game get blown wide open 28-0? Doubtful, but facts don't fit your agenda.

To even compare Mahomes and Dak is comical
If you watched the Super Bowl, you would know Mahomes threw a ridiculous INT at the Chiefs 44 yard line early during the 3rd quarter. The 49ers were up 10 - 3 and got the ball at the Chiefs 44 yard line. Yet, the Chiefs defense dug in and kept the 49ers from scoring any points on that drive, thus allowing Mahomes and the offense to make a come back with dink-n-dunk passing and barely squeaking a 3 point victory in overtime thanks to the Chiefs defense holding the 49ers to only 22 points (including overtime).

Pretty much destroys your hateful and ridiculous comments.