Cowboys having positive talks with Prescott/France on deal

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
You see the resident Debby downers are MIA or miserable….well more miserable then normal? :laugh:
So wait now. Not taking part in this to lead endless discussions about the very same things is also wrong?

So what would you prefer? All of us joining and turning this thread into yet another endless pro/con Dak debate or at least a couple of people staying out of some of these repetitive threads? I have honestly not seen one new argument here.

Extending Dak will only mean endless more excuses for his crap. So if they extend him there really should be a Dak zone (@mods).

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So wait now. Not taking part in this to lead endless discussions about the very same things is also wrong?

So what would you prefer? All of us joining and turning this thread into yet another endless pro/con Dak debate or at least a couple of people staying out of some of these repetitive threads? I have honestly not seen one new argument here.

Extending Dak will only mean endless more excuses for his crap. So if they extend him there really should be a Dak zone (@mods).
It’s called the Fan Zone. Deal with it or move along.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They could have been signed earlier. The Cowboys’ owner did not want to do that. He knew the possibilities he might face. Right or wrong he’s still very wealthy and his children are well taken care of. Unser the circumstances why should he worry about playoff wins?
It’s easy for fans or anyone else to say they could’ve been signed earlier. Not sure what player you’re referring to as to who doesn’t care about playoff wins. If you’re talking about Dak why do you think he doesn’t care about playoff wins? He’s being judged by them and he’s clearly bothered by his playoff record.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I’d prefer Cowboy fans just being Cowboy fans and leave personal bias at the door.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
I’d prefer Cowboy fans just being Cowboy fans and leave personal bias at the door.
Don't want Dak here and if I have to put up with him for 5 more years then I will continue to express that sentiment and call people out for their nonsense excuses and bogus Dak arguments (runner up mvp has been honestly the funniest thing for ages on these boards). Who are you to tell people what they can say and what not lol. I just won't join every single thread about him since there has been absolutely nothing new about him for ages. Both sides are basically in a lock down since January 2022.

I just found it funny that you made fun of or trying to get under the skin of people not joining and adding to yet another repetitive Dak discussion. Your cover of being a moderate is getting more and more holes.

Last edited:

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Not sure why some on this board think that getting rid of Dak will apparently guarantee we win a superbowl....
Not sure why some think keeping him will win us one.

Here's the bottom line - if you don't think Dak will win us a SB then it would be foolish to sign him to another contract for any price.

If you do think Dak will win us a SB then you are literally thinking you can beat 99% odds against you. Might as well plan to win the lottery for your retirement fund.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I'm not so sure about being made "the highest paid QB in the league", but yeah if he goes FA he'll have takers to choose from. I just really hope WE don't make him the highest paid QB!
He'll only get offers from bottom feeders with no QB whatsoever. Do you really think teams with established, young QBs are going to acquire Dak?

Do you really think Dak would get any bottom feeder over the hump when he as failed horribly with Dallas to do that very thing?

You guys act like every team short of the Chiefs would roll out the Brinks truck and dump their starters for Dak.

Do you think Buffalo takes Dak over Johs Allen? San Diego takes him over Herbert? Jacksonville takes him over Lawrence?

You are dreaming if you think that way.

Brooksey

Reaction score
You honestly think Dak doesn’t have value? :rolleyes:Teams will be lining up to sign him. He won’t last 24 hours in free agency before he’s made the highest paid QB in the league.
This is true, and they would be overpaying for a QB who lacks leadership and success in the post season, in fact many see a choke artist.
Maybe he will overcome it, maybe he's seeing a sports psychologist right now, who knows, I hope so.

One thing is for sure, he's been great against the Giants and Commanders

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dak re-signs to another no trade clause, cap killing contract…..I’ll be turning in my fan card for at least a few years. I genuinely dislike him as a player and can’t do it anymore.
That's a shame, but if it happens...please take all those that gave you like, with you. PLEASE!!!

Blitzen

Reaction score
Don't want Dak here and if I have to put up with him for 5 more years then I will continue to express that sentiment and call people out for their nonsense excuses and bogus Dak arguments (runner up mvp has been honestly the funniest thing for ages on these boards). Who are you to tell people what they can say and what not lol. I just won't join every single thread about him since there has been absolutely nothing new about him for ages. Both sides are basically in a lock down since January 2022.

I just found it funny that you made fun of or trying to get under the skin of people not joining and adding to yet another repetitive Dak discussion. Your cover of being a moderate is getting more and more holes.

Exactly, the arguments are just rinsed and repeated. This extension is many of these guys’ super bowl alternative. I think they would feel vindicated for believing in Dak if he gets extended. I would just feel more status quo than ever-already stated my opposition to an extension (don’t need to rehash).

These ideas that we have super secret double agent fans of other teams on the board to sew dissent, that many Cowboys’ fans care who the QB is for the next Cowboys’ SB, that many Cowboys’ fans believe the next starting QB for the team automatically wins or plays better in the postseason than Dak, that many fans only blame Dak for postseason losses are just laughable nonsense strawman arguments to avoid direct debate. No one knows how the team will perform (postseason) with the next QB, but we do have lots of evidence how it will perform with Dak-and lots of us are just ready to move on.

The guy you are going back and forth with is so absurdly biased, and constantly attempts to play the fair and balanced card.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

I’m not telling anyone what to say. Feel free not to like Dak it’s a free country lol.

But hold on…..who are you to tell people what they can say and what not lol? Why are you calling people out?