Cowboys having positive talks with Prescott/France on deal

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I disagree. When you sign a guy the intention should be for him to play out his contract. If you are paying someone 60 million that guy should be on your team the next 4 years if not why commit that money?
Because if it becomes evident that you need to make a change, that no trade clause locks you into that mistake regardless. What if that player fails to live up to expectations? In a sense I understand your point, but for 60 million freaking dollars, I think a team has a right to expect to get their money's worth, even for 40 or 50 million. That's a heckuva pile of money to not be able to expect to get your money's worth.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I get it.

Crazy times in Big D.
It’s real crazy when you have three players that may be looking to reset the market at their position. There could be an odd man out in this situation. We’ll just have to see who. I know one thing for sure we can still stay in the hunt without CeeDee or without Parsons. I’m not talking about doing without both. I’m talking about one or the other. We’ll be totally screwed without Dak.

zerofill

Reaction score
Oh well... I planned on for the first time ever... to spend more games on a lake fishing this year anyway lol.

GINeric

Reaction score
Dak fans will be relieved of an agreement is reached. Because the fear of that castoff will be less.
I hope they do not keep that no trade clause beyond this year though.

I will root for him regardless signed or not. Because he is our starting QB.

I'm still trying to figure out someone is a Dak fan. Dak is a Dallas Cowboys player. Last I checked, people cheer and support the players on their favorite team.

I'm not saying YOU do this.... but the weirdest, most stupid, dumb thing I've ever seen was people claiming to be a fan of the Cowboys, yet cheer against its own players or some weird **** like that .

Who the **** does that? I've only seen that done here. The behavior of idiots still amazes me.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because if it becomes evident that you need to make a change, that no trade clause locks you into that mistake regardless. What if that player fails to live up to expectations? In a sense I understand your point, but for 60 million freaking dollars, I think a team has a right to expect to get their money's worth, even for 40 or 50 million. That's a heckuva pile of money to not be able to expect to get your money's worth.
That’s my point though to commit 60 million I can’t have any questions if he’s the guy. If I have even one question I don’t do it. I guess that’s my stance on the no trade clause. He’s gonna see the end of that contract here in Dallas. Cowboys front office has never been proactive on trading guys too early or even too late.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out someone is a Dak fan. Dak is a Dallas Cowboys player. Last I checked, people cheer and support the players on their favorite team.

I'm not saying YOU do this.... but the weirdest, most stupid, dumb thing I've ever seen was people claiming to be a fan of the Cowboys, yet cheer against its own players or some weird **** like that .

Who the **** does that? I've only seen that done here. The behavior of idiots still amazes me.
Yeah I don’t get how you can be a Cowboy but not a Dak fan. If he does well we do well.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Truth be told, if the NTC is removed it's most certain that the amount of guaranteed $s will be increased substantially, making it almost impossible to trade or cut him. That's the reality of putting it in the first contract. Whatever you think of Dak, he has maintained leverage over the Jones boys ever since the completion of his first season.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Truth be told, if the NTC is removed it's most certain that the amount of guaranteed $s will be increased substantially, making it almost impossible to trade or cut him. That's the reality of putting it in the first contract. Whatever you think of Dak, he has maintained leverage over the Jones boys ever since the completion of his first season.
He has done that indeed.

DallasInDC

Reaction score

It's most obvious during the season. When Dak plays well and the cowboys win, cerain posters here avoid this place like the plague. Let the Cowboys lose, and Dak has an average to down game and they are lighting up this message board with complaints about one player like it is the 4th of July. It makes no sense that when your team wins you're not here celebrating with everyone else..almost like you are hoping Dak has a bad game and they lose so you can come here and see that's what I am talking about.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's most obvious during the season. When Dak plays well and the cowboys win, cerain posters here avoid this place like the plague. Let the Cowboys lose, and Dak has an average to down game and they are lighting up this message board with complaints about one player like it is the 4th of July. It makes no sense that when your team wins you're not here celebrating with everyone else..almost like you are hoping Dak has a bad game and they lose so you can come here and see that's what I am talking about.
So true.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It’s real crazy when you have three players that may be looking to reset the market at their position. There could be an odd man out in this situation. We’ll just have to see who. I know one thing for sure we can still stay in the hunt without CeeDee or without Parsons. I’m not talking about doing without both. I’m talking about one or the other. We’ll be totally screwed without Dak.
They could have been signed earlier. The Cowboys’ owner did not want to do that. He knew the possibilities he might face. Right or wrong he’s still very wealthy and his children are well taken care of. Unser the circumstances why should he worry about playoff wins?