Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy reportedly getting 'fed up' with Jerry Jones

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
No, this season isn't anything like 2010. When Garrett was hired as OC in 2007 he was promised the HC position, but had to wait until the right time. 2010 was the right time in Jerry's eyes.

There's no JGeezy waiting in the wings this time.
I wouldn't bet on that. After Jerry brought back Zeke contrary to all good sense and rationality, one has to be ready for Jones to rehire Jason Garrett as HC after McCarthy leaves.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Story by Josh Sanchez
6/22/24

Some believe Mike McCarthy is entering the final year of his contract with the Dallas Cowboys as a "lame duck" head coach. There is no question that it is Super Bowl or bust for McCarthy in Big D, but Jerry Jones and the Cowboys' decision-makers did not make any aggressive moves in the offseason to improve their roster.

Tyler Dunne of Go Long says he spoke with Cowboys sources who discussed McCarthy's approach entering the 2024 season. For starters, they believe allowing McCarthy to coach on the final year of his contract is a mistake. Another interesting note is that McCarthy believes Jerry Jones is undermining him and putting him in a no-win situation. And, according to Dunne, McCarthy is getting fed up with the situation.

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=7cd1f5a88e024279dffca41ce3f59933&ei=13

BB1oHVw4.img
Yeap Mike deserves
So now Jerry will be his scapegoat if the article is true. What does MM expect after playoffs failure and an epic loss to GB. MM got hired as a yes man and now he’s mad no million dollars extension. Looks like all the stuff they said when he was in GB is pretty much true. I’m surprised Jerry kept him after GB made him look like a walking zombie.
True or not MM has been a good coach these last few years with the Cowboys. If we had a real GM that could get us the players we needed we might have went further into the playoffs.

There was a chance of us getting better players and Jerry and Capboy sat on their behinds and did nothing. Now that the Cowboys are even more devoid of talent or has many questions marks in several positions, it's unlikely we reach the playoffs.

Prepare for more lackluster and mediocre seasons under a new coach. Lets point the finger of blame to where it belongs: Jerry Jones.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I’ve thought all along that this situation does NOT add up to one big happy family, and if it goes very far south, they may chase away players they need.
No one wants to sign with Dallas anymore because we are cheap. #2 this organization doesn't care about winning.

stiletto

Reaction score
Why didn't he just quit if he's unhappy? Seems lucky to still have a job to me.

Brax

Reaction score
Yeap Mike deserves

True or not MM has been a good coach these last few years with the Cowboys. If we had a real GM that could get us the players we needed we might have went further into the playoffs.

There was a chance of us getting better players and Jerry and Capboy sat on their behinds and did nothing. Now that the Cowboys are even more devoid of talent or has many questions marks in several positions, it's unlikely we reach the playoffs.

Prepare for more lackluster and mediocre seasons under a new coach. Lets point the finger of blame to where it belongs: Jerry Jones.
Nolan was a great choice as a DC, and you wonder why Nobody listens to him. Jerry is the root cause of main problems in Dallas and hiring a has been Yes man HC was just another example of it

glimmerman

Reaction score
12 wins every year is a winning coach with no running game a sub par O-Line last year. And a DC that knew he was leaving for a starting hc job

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Nolan was a great choice as a DC, and you wonder why Nobody listens to him. Jerry is the root cause of main problems in Dallas and hiring a has been Yes man HC was just another example of it
Nolan was terrible. MM has issues. But compared to Garrett which was Jerry's pick all the way, he is an upgrade. Jerry is the reason why this team sucks and I agree with you.

But what alternatives do we have?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Story by Josh Sanchez
6/22/24

Some believe Mike McCarthy is entering the final year of his contract with the Dallas Cowboys as a "lame duck" head coach. There is no question that it is Super Bowl or bust for McCarthy in Big D, but Jerry Jones and the Cowboys' decision-makers did not make any aggressive moves in the offseason to improve their roster.

Tyler Dunne of Go Long says he spoke with Cowboys sources who discussed McCarthy's approach entering the 2024 season. For starters, they believe allowing McCarthy to coach on the final year of his contract is a mistake. Another interesting note is that McCarthy believes Jerry Jones is undermining him and putting him in a no-win situation. And, according to Dunne, McCarthy is getting fed up with the situation.

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=7cd1f5a88e024279dffca41ce3f59933&ei=13

BB1oHVw4.img
this is hilarious how many more posts we gonna have about the front office in the offseason before we see what's going on? Can we play some games what do you mean undermining you really think Jerry Jones wants to waste the$50 million cap hit for his quarterback if he was trying to undermine you he would have traded his quarterback literally brought back similar team as last year with some upgrades through the draft for the offensive line and yeah at minimum that's what Jerry and this right office does they do not go big in free agency,,,

let let me give some advice to Mike McCarthy he may not even have a job right now if it had not been for Jerry bringing matter retirement show me all these jobs that Mike McCartney was being sought after four because last I checked there were none I don't remember him interviewing for any jobs except for the Cowboys...

So instead of appreciating having a job and not being fired after last year's debacle against his old team which he may or may not have prepared for our purpose like subconsciously he tanked the game him and his buddy Dan Quinn..

So let me get this straight the man wants a new contract even though they finished the playoffs the same the last three years there was absolutely no progress it was actually worse playoff outing that he's had since he's been here but he wants more weapons and a new contract instead of the alternate which is asked probably should have been fired according to most people here and in the media they're saying don't keep him here as a lame duck coach our wonderful moderator Bob agrees that he should not have been brought back so many should be appreciated he still has the job...

How about that for a alternate opinion with all this nonsense about the offseason let's play 17 games and find out how the offseason went because we don't know what this team is or isn't until we play a full season...

blueblood70

Reaction score
What’s there to be frustrated about, didn’t McCarthy see that we brought back our long snapper and signed multiple UFL stars?
No I'd say you're wrong again he should be kissing Jerry's feet for not firing him and by the way he didn't have to be here he could have quit the man could have just walked out of it so bad cry me a river you are all are overreacting this is pretty much par for the course the man wouldn't even probably have a job in the NFL right now had enough for Jerry bringing him back and giving him enough weapons to win 36 games two division titles and three straight playoffs...

. So again this guy could have quit why is he crying maybe he isn't cause this sounds like another media clickbait nonsense he's frustrated how about this fans are frustrated after the Green Bay loss and most of us thought he was probably gonna be fired so the man should be very happy having a damn job right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's right I said it and that includes all the fans in here that somehow feel bad for this dude after what happened in that Green Bay game he should have been fired on the spot the man shouldn't even been allowed to be on the plane on the way home he should have been on an American Airlines flight AutoZone now with the team and that includes Dan Quinn having the option to come back or not they should be lucky that Jerry is this forgiving because he should have just fired everyone...

How about this frustration what if we had to just go ahead and traded Prescott and all the weapons and let him be a true lame duck coach with nothing here instead he has a very similar team that he had last year he has a new defensive coordinator that maybe won't throw the game and everyone saying that's it that's what you think we've brought here they brought a middle linebacker some undrafted free agents and a good draft and somehow they did nothing I mean this is pretty much what the Jones have done to get us to that point the last three years this is pretty much what they do...​
And by the way show me all the big moves the Kansas City Chiefs made this year last year and the year before show me all the big name free agents show me all these all in moves that the chiefs have done please before we put the Eagles in the 49ers which are the only teams that usually do this show me the big moves but the team that keeps consistently winning the Super bowl seems to me that keep dismantling more and more stars and they keep winning because they have one of the best head coaches and the best quarterbacks in the league... But I think Amy Reed sure is doing a good job when ain't bringing him saying major names over there they even almost let Chris Jones walk but he didn't get signed until a week before the season last year what big weapons did they bring in did they sign saquon Barkley did they bring in one of the best wide receivers in the league for Patrick mahomes the date sign a bunch of new offensive lineman with big names I mean please show me what all these other teams doing the league outside of two or three of them that our team doesn't really do the pretty much the same thing..​

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry undermines all his head coaches. McCarthy should’ve been fired after the debacle in the playoffs. He’s lucky to still have a head coaching job.
No I agree with the last part Mike McCarthy's lucky to have a job and Dan Quinn should have never had the option they probably should have both been fired and not let back on the plane so that embarrassment.... So now we're crying and trying to stick up for Mike McCarthy who by the way you do realize that somehow this man's not a genius that somehow our GM has given him enough weapons here and bring it back virtually the same team as last year that's 136 games two division titles three straight playoffs they've been to the playoffs 5 out eight years that's what you call undermining somehow you forget that there's a whole bunch of NFL's that are climbing at our feet 6..

So if Jerry such a bad GM please explain to me how it is they're about 28 teams that are finishing below us on a yearly basis I mean what are they then if if what Jerry does is undermine his team then why are the Washington and New York Giants always finishing last in the division and somehow the Cowboys are beating the Eagles who are doing all this not undermining stuff this all in attitude please explain to me how bad at GM Jerry is to having this poor fan base believe we're being undermined even though we're finishing top six in the league out of 32 teams So what do you call their GM's I mean what do you call their head coaches that are losing to us that are below us in all the rankings why are we getting all these primetime games from the league if we're so bad I'm still trying to figure out other than some frustration I'm not going further in the playoffs how this team is a bigger joke as you all make it out in here I'm still trying to figure it out just because we're not as good as the top three teams we share our better than about 28 other teams in this league and I don't care what they're doing in the offseason...

We all in here business conversation before you literally have to explain to me how a horrible team with a horrible coach and a horrible GM and an overrated quarterback and a bunch of cupcake soft players that don't know how to win somehow keep finishing in top six when these other teams who are apparently better than us that their GM's spend more money than us they make more moves than us and then they lose to us wait I don't get it I I mean I want the Super bowl again too but you all make me have these rants because I'm trying to figure out if garry's this big a clown in this team is this soft how is it that we're getting all these primetime games and we're winning all these games in the regular season? Given the fact that what there are 12 to 14 teams that are actually making it into the playoffs because they added some wild card games but we were in the second seed we actually won our division and somehow we're crying for Mike McCarthy and I don't really even understand it the man's got enough weapons to do what he's done and I've seen other coaches have less because they must have less I mean you have to explain how they if they had more how is it that we're finishing ahead of them in the standings show me all the teams the last three years that's won 36 games two division titles and been to the playoffs three straight years?​
I mean just show me and I know you're gonna say well it only matters what we do in the playoffs yeah but how about all the teams not making the playoffs somehow we're below them because we're coming up short in the playoffs we're below those other 28 teams?​

blueblood70

Reaction score
So let me get this straight we should feel bad for a man he should have lost his job but still has one and pretty much has the same roster as last year given a few moves here and there one way or the other so he wanted a new deal and a bunch of big time new players wow get in line because a bunch of coaches would love that to keep their job after that horrible playoff game and then come on and have dare he complain that he feels like he's being undermined even though he still has his job>?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah I think he’s done a good job despite Jerry. Who hired Quinn? Jerry or was it MM’s recommendation? And did MM want to move on from Quinn a year ago and got overridden? Who knows. Not sure what Jerry’s up to, but if it’s demoralizing the fan base he’s hitting 1000 this year.
Yeah but who cares about that the question is who hired Nolan and who made him fire Nolan because we all know the answer to that that was Jerry bringing in Dan Quinn after the debacle with Mike Nolan did we forget about that we give him a pass we give him a pass with the Green Bay loss in the playoffs no despite Jerry Jerry gave him enough weapons to win and he doesn't even make a game of it in the playoffs literally the embarrassments on the coaching staff there was no preparation and no adjustment there was no fight with the players they looked like they weren't prepared and that's directly falls on the coaching staff///

blueblood70

Reaction score
Three 12 win seasons in a row. The dude should get whatever he wants. The Jones are fools.
That's ridiculous he got 12 win seasons because of the actual talent that's on this team the fact that he didn't prepare them for the playoffs is on him the fact that Dan Quinn even had a choice whether to be here or not it's still shocking to me they're not fools I remember the San Diego Chargers fired a 14 and two coach because they were tired of him falling short in the playoffs literally better season 14 and two and they fired him because they were tired of it remember this is about the playoffs right really shocked that I thought regular seasons don't matter anymore but all of a sudden now you wanna call the Joe's family a fool for keeping the dude who got his **** kicked and wiped the floor with his old team what about 80% of the fan base in the media thought Mike McCarthy and the whole entire coaching staff should have been fired after that game but now you're here because you want to take a potshot at the Jones family and you're so far out of the ballpark it's insane because your hypocrisy all of a sudden regular season wins count he should have got a new deal well damn that means Prescott who's never had a losing season deserves $60 million and why are we not signing him already???

Seriously the hypocrisy and the people backtracking right now in order to jump over to Joe's family tell Howard defending a coach who jogged out and I say job a team that was not prepared and got their butts kicked at home that's the second seed and you're defending him using regular season wins since when do regular season wins count around here?​

blueblood70

Reaction score
mcCarthy should already be working somewhere else he should of been fired that day the reason the qb has not been given an extension is for the same reason if they dont make the playoffs or are one and done dak wont be back
well that makes the question if he's so frustrated and I agree with what you said why did he quit I mean he had all these options why did he just quit and leave himself open for a new job why did he walk away blast the front office and say you're fed up and you'd like a job somewhere else how many jobs did you think he was gonna be offered I mean how many new head coaches got hired this offseason which one would if Mike McCarthy gotten? He's so fed up and so upset that he didn't walk away he wanted to be fired in some ways I'm wondering if Dan Quinn and I in the Mccarthy undermined the Jones family by not having their team prepared for the playoff game and we're hoping to be fired so they can collect money while sitting at home?

blueblood70

Reaction score
MM fell for the "All In" lie. Jerry has already decided this year is a wash and is looking ahead to an entirely new squad next year.

Jerry is trying to determine if MM's offense is ideal for Trey Lance (the next franchise QB)
I got to love this hypocrisy let's go back to the offseason at Mike McCarthy was hired when he lied to get his job you remember everyone talking about how he studied analytics and he spent countless hundreds of hours to make sure that he was prepared and the staff he was going to bring to his next job would be well prepared? So this man lied to get his job and then he jogged out that nonsense and that playoff game and somehow he was light too or was it the other way around Jerry expected him to have his team better prepared and he did not and he should be fired for that and somehow you're defending a man that should have got fired and 80% the day after that playoff game of all the media and fan base wanted Mike McCarthy and this entire staff fired and now the hypocrisy sneaks in the memory loss follows and now you're defending the man ,

how come you didn't quit?

I'd like to know why the man didn't walk away if he already knew what Jerry Jones was like for the last four years and everything that's said about Jerry Jones in public, he not only accepted the job now he's complaining he didn't get fired from the one he should have got fired from??

where were all the other teams lining up to sign this guy?

I'm curious at where all this is coming from because most people wanted Mike McCarthy's head after that Green Bay game and now because they're able to take a shot at Jerry Jones again and about the 75th new post about the offseason and Jerry Jones and his front office as if it's a surprise all of a sudden Mike McCartney's like king around here? he did nothing wrong??

he can do nothing wrong? the man got snowed over??

he's only 70 years old, like he doesn't know better? like he's not a man like he's not done this before?? that he didn't know what was going to happen most of a nfl and the fanbase knew, but if he wasn't going to be fired ,he was tired of it??

why did he quit because there's no way Jerry convinced him or any of us that they're going to go all in technically because they never have.. but what they do do is give you enough weapons to have a successful 3 strighgt years with plenty of PB, all pros and top 5 players but MM is undermined? NO JJ was undermined and is focing MM to go prove himself as it should be..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Actually I would like to know who are these "Cowboys sources" the article references.

Would McCarthy actually tell someone with media credentials, for instance, that he is "fed up" with Jones knowing it would be all over the internet?

While I agree MM has every reason to feel this way, a part of me thinks this article took some things out of context just to generate clicks.
:hammer:And add to that if he was so frustrated why did he just quit? If things are so bad here where are all the teams that were lining up for this guy and how all of a sudden is there all of a sudden this support that went from 80% wanting him gone to now 75% supporting him only because it's anti Jerry Jones rhetoric?