Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy reportedly getting 'fed up' with Jerry Jones

plasticman

Reaction score
Jerry Jones realizes that he may not have enough time left to start over. The only way he gets rid of Dak and McCarthy would be a complete meltdown.

Unless there is a devastating string of injuries, I don't see that happening.

Winning a Super Bowl out of the shadow of Jimmy Johnson has been his crusade now for over two decades and he probably feels close.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
This would not surprise me at all. As stated before, I can see Mike giving Jerry the finger on an extension if he has a highly successful season and an offer from another team. Hell, pay attention to his body language during their joint presser. Not to mention his recent statement that no one wants to be on a one-year contract.

I think Dak could feel the same way.

Imagine getting to the NFCCG and losing your head coach and franchise QB.
This team is getting nowhere near an NFCCG.

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Who wouldn't be fed up. Jerry just pocketing all the money. Doesn't make any off season moves to improve which at the end makes the coach be the fall person.

Mannix

Reaction score
In a way you have to feel bad for McCarthy.

12 wins three seasons in a row, with a front office that refuses to make any moves that could put this team over the top.

Now he's fighting for his job with a roster even worse than the ones that couldn't get it done prior.
WHAT??? He is nothing but a LAZY con man who has made millions in Dallas for doing nothing.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In a way you have to feel bad for McCarthy.

12 wins three seasons in a row, with a front office that refuses to make any moves that could put this team over the top.

Now he's fighting for his job with a roster even worse than the ones that couldn't get it done prior.
I would feel sorry for Big Mac except for this one big thing: He knew (or should have known) what he was getting into when he took this circus job 4 years ago.

As Troy Aikman and many other former NFL players and pundits have said for years now, this organization Is not run like any other NFL franchise. It is a dysfunctional model starting at the top of the entire organization. Having an unaccountable 81 year old GM and his giggling entitled son running this front office has been proven to be good in the regular season but bad in the playoffs. There is no disputing that.

The Jones boys don’t know how to build a championship roster in the cap era. They’ve had 28 straight chances to show us and they cannot. And saddest of all is the if owner really wanted to win a championship he would do what the winning owners of the last 28 SBs did: Hire a real GM accountable for results.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I would feel sorry for Big Mac except for this one big thing: He knew (or should have known) what he was getting into when he took this circus job 4 years ago.

As Troy Aikman and many other former NFL players and pundits have said for years now, this organization Is not run like any other NFL franchise. It is a dysfunctional model starting at the top of the entire organization. Having an unaccountable 81 year old GM and his giggling entitled son running this front office has been proven to be good in the regular season but bad in the playoffs. There is no disputing that.

The Jones boys don’t know how to build a championship roster in the cap era. They’ve had 28 straight chances to show us and they cannot. And saddest of all is the if owner really wanted to win a championship he would do what the winning owners of the last 28 SBs did: Hire a real GM accountable for results.
I agree but remember Mike was reentering the hiring cycle after a year off. To be honest, I don't think he had many (if any) other offers than the one from the Cowboys. I think the real question is has he done enough to earn 3rd shot if Jerry fires him?

Blackrain

Reaction score
The whole thing is just a comedy of errors McCarthy new going in who Jerry was and lied to get his job because he needed money and nobody else was hiring him.

McCarthy proved he can win games against bad teams and embarrass Jerry by not having the team prepared for the home game against Green Bay.

Now Jerry's going to make him suffer through the season and then fire him at the end.

Sorry McCarthy you're a liar and a scam artist now you're just getting scammed by someone who's a little bit better at it than you and has deeper pockets and can afford to make you suffer

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is why we need a coach like Bill Bellicheck, he's old enough to have been around and has had success in the league for whatever reason! He's not afraid to speak his mind, and I hope he'll give limited answers when he's in his attitude mode lol

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
BTW.......Jerry recently admitted he hasn't thought much about Mike's extension but implied he could extend him any time or he could not.

Brax

Reaction score
Wait, you said just a few days ago that it was all Dak’s fault. So is it MM’s, Dak’s, Quinns or Jerry’s fault? You’re all over the place with your negativity.
Please stop with your nonsense and understand the simple fact that Jerry is the main reason for the failure, who hired JG, who hired MM, who extended Dak who likes his guys, but just remember Jerry and the coaches never step on the field and play it takes a guy with a special talent to choke come playoff time and we all know who that guy is.

rags747

Reaction score
Jimmy and Parcells not only the two best coaches in the Jones Years, but probably no coincidence they were the only ones who quit. Take this job and shove it boss!
They were also the only ones who quit every dam job they ever had.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Jerry Jones realizes that he may not have enough time left to start over.
JJ is 81. People who aren’t billionaires and don’t have access to the best healthcare money can buy live into their nineties. Unless you know Jerry is dying from some disease, I don’t know why people think he doesn’t have enough time to start over. This isn’t the expansion and non-free agency era where it could take between five to ten years to build a championship roster. If you find a franchise QB who doesn’t spit the bit in the playoffs then the team can be a contender practically every year.