Signed by Cowboys Cowboys hire Brian Schottenheimer as Offensive Coordinator

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Per Jane - where are you goobers that told me those OC interviews last week were legitimate? Hahahaha

Same song and dance from this organization for 30 years - we like our guys - goes for players and coaches

What a bunch of dumb buzz words. Synergy !

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I just cannot understand for the life of me how proven mediocre coaches like Schottenheimer keep getting jobs.

The good old boy system really works.
Nepotism, familiarity and a good old boy culture all across the NFL

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I just cannot understand for the life of me how proven mediocre coaches like Schottenheimer keep getting jobs.

The good old boy system really works.
The “good ol boy” system in Dallas starts with everyone named Jones who qualified for their jobs the night Jerry’s check to buy the team cleared the bank. We are good ol boy headquarters.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If my memory serves me correctly, this place used to be an enjoyable site to frequent where you wouldn't be crucified for making a pro-Cowboy's post because most everyone was a legit fan of this team. What the heck happened here? Place went completely south the day that a former Cowboy forum was shut down and all of those peeps migrated over here. Amirite???
IM from that place but was the same there as i was here, always defending the star as if i was in enemy territory. :oldcouple:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Those offenses were awful. Hopefully it’s a situation like Sean Payton being here. He was good but after leaving parcels, he became a legend.
If i knew how to type this in every language maybe it would hit home... This guy is only carrying the OC title, the HC will be calling the plays and drawing up the offense.....he will not blow up here as he will not be calling the offense or drawing it up he will be implementing what the HC tells him to in practice...thats it.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Those offenses were awful. Hopefully it’s a situation like Sean Payton being here. He was good but after leaving parcels, he became a legend.
Jets offense wasn't awful, they made it to the AFC Championship game and beat a prime Brady on the road to get there. Strong run game that complemented a strong defense.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For those thinking Mike McCarthy is going heavy run, that is never going to happen. MM is a passing guy, he specializes in QB play. Prescott will continue to sling it, sadly.
They will or should change some things up. Better route trees will be a big help. Less predictable plays also.
Just because they may keep the base offense does not mean it will be the same.
who knows maybe they will install enough to make it like a new offense.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
If he didn’t have that last name he would be out of the league. As it stands he coached himself into oblivion.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Per Jane - where are you goobers that told me those OC interviews last week were legitimate? Hahahaha

Same song and dance from this organization for 30 years - we like our guys - goes for players and coaches

This was expected. It’s good to be a coaches son. :laugh:

mattjames2010

Reaction score
They will or should change some things up. Better route trees will be a big help. Less predictable plays also.
Just because they may keep the base offense does not mean it will be the same.
who knows maybe they will install enough to make it like a new offense.
Prescott should not be a QB throwing nearly 600 times a season. He will though, that's the issue. Has nothing to do with being predictable, plenty of schemes get by on being predictable - it's a "You know we'll do this, but you can't stop us"

Dak just isn't that guy. MM seems to think he is.

StarOfGlory

Reaction score
His father’s playoff win percentage is .278, the only coach with 200 or more wins with a losing record in the playoffs.

Let us hope that he does not follow the family playoff tradition.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
The career arc is lousy. I remember vividly in 2006 he was going to be a HC. He was spent by 2020 yet along comes Jerry. BTW he is 49.

rags747

Reaction score
Worst kept secret in sports. But I can say Dallas, is going the way of power football. Him and solari are both power football running coaches. Solari especially, he runs a power blocking scheme
Well if that’s the case then I want to move up in the draft to take the Texas RB if he is within reach, say 5-6spots. I also like Davis, he should have had many more touches this past year but freaking coaches hate Change unfortunately!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
As soon as MM said "Im running the offense" everyone should have known your not getting a "Fresh offensive mind" to come in and basically do what MM tells you. MM is now on the hook for this offense either he gets us past the hump or he is gone and your 1 year closer to moving on from the QB if he is also a problem.
and Dan Quinn will be our next coach.