Signed by Cowboys Cowboys hire Brian Schottenheimer as Offensive Coordinator

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m okay with this and expected this hire. It shows me MM will run his offense with his guys to install the scheme. Next season will likely determine his future in Dallas. If it fails, we might then get a younger, fresh mind at OC in a different system………basically a blown up coaching staff.

I’m not so sure the offensive talent is there to run it but we still have the draft and FA:)muttley:) to address it.

Edit: I put in a laughing emoji after FA and muttley with smiley faces appeared for some reason……

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
and Dan Quinn will be our next coach.
Maybe, who knows, I do like this though and it has nothing to do with the actuall OC hire. Jerry most likley told MM "Your calling the offense and DQ is calling defense" now since we cant have accountability for our GM at least now we will have it for the coaches...Let MM hire who he want but let him know if it doesnt work we are moving on.

XXLMike

Reaction score
This whole off-season is setting up for three things. It’s that simple here they are.
1. MM flops Quinn hired

2. MM flops and Kellen Moore is hired

3. MM surprises and gets us to the NFC title game

Hardline

Reaction score
Worst kept secret in sports. But I can say Dallas, is going the way of power football. Him and solari are both power football running coaches. Solari especially, he runs a power blocking scheme
Music to my ears.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
I went to Reddit’s general NFL fan subreddit to gauge how fans of other teams feel about this news -

(Saints fan) “On purpose?”

(Saints fan) “I think you’ll miss Kellen Moore by about week 4 cowboys fans”

(Seahawks fan) “Bro *** this guy sucks”

(Colts fan) “Lmao”

(Ravens fan) “Little early for an April Fools' joke, isn't it?”

(Jets fan) “Jets no longer have most comical OC hiring of the offseason“

(Giants fan) “HOLY **** OH MY GOD”

(Seahawks fan) “Lmao Run, Pass, Pass, Punt. Good luck”

(Eagles fan) “Oh hell yes”

(Eagles fan) “everything jerry jones has done or said in the last 2 weeks has been universally loved by the NFC east.”

There are a few people present who like the hire, but most responses seem negative.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This whole off-season is setting up for three things. It’s that simple here they are.
1. MM flops Quinn hired

2. MM flops and Kellen Moore is hired

3. MM surprises and gets us to the NFC title game
4. MM becomes the first man to lead two franchises to Super Bowl victories, setting off a decade and a half of Belichick with Brady dominance before retiring at 700 lbs with a fistful of rings.

rags747

Reaction score
I’ll just enjoy or not enjoy the ride. Big Mike fails he’s gone simple as that. All the chips have been moved to the center of the table, this either makes or breaks McCarthy.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
We’re taking. About
His offense though.
His offense goal with the Jets was to eat up the clock and control the football on the ground. They complemented what the defense was doing. That is good team football. I can care less if we are rated the #1 offense, if he cannot beat the better teams, means nothing.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Worst kept secret in sports. But I can say Dallas, is going the way of power football. Him and solari are both power football running coaches. Solari especially, he runs a power blocking scheme
Steele and Tyler excel at that so that would be smart.