Signed by Cowboys Cowboys hire Brian Schottenheimer as Offensive Coordinator

JBS

Reaction score
I’ll just enjoy or not enjoy the ride. Big Mike fails he’s gone simple as that. All the chips have been moved to the center of the table, this either makes or breaks McCarthy.
Yes. Then we will do it all over again with the next head coach. And then the one after him.

See a pattern ?

rambo2

Reaction score
Per Jane - where are you goobers that told me those OC interviews last week were legitimate? Hahahaha

Same song and dance from this organization for 30 years - we like our guys - goes for players and coaches

Sounds good, McCarthy runs the offense and Quin runs the defense. They should be good.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’ll just enjoy or not enjoy the ride. Big Mike fails he’s gone simple as that. All the chips have been moved to the center of the table, this either makes or breaks McCarthy.
It's probably a make or break year for him but he doesn't deserve it. His results so far shouldn't have him on the hot seat. Not unless you have a delusional outlook on the roster and how this team is managed.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
So weird how you guys process information.

Did you really expect some young hip hire? Why? They will run McCarthy's offense. What Schotty brings, along with Solari, is a know how for ground and pound.

I like the mindset change here. Meld that with McCarthy's proven passing game and I like it.

As opposed to BOY Wonder who hated to run the ball.
Your last sentence is why I am ok with the Brian Schottenheimer hire.
We have a decent O line. Take the pressure off a suspect QB, and let our running game win games for us.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I went to Reddit’s general NFL fan subreddit to gauge how fans of other teams feel about this news -

(Saints fan) “On purpose?”

(Saints fan) “I think you’ll miss Kellen Moore by about week 4 cowboys fans”

(Seahawks fan) “Bro *** this guy sucks”

(Colts fan) “Lmao”

(Ravens fan) “Little early for an April Fools' joke, isn't it?”

(Jets fan) “Jets no longer have most comical OC hiring of the offseason“

(Giants fan) “HOLY **** OH MY GOD”

(Seahawks fan) “Lmao Run, Pass, Pass, Punt. Good luck”

(Eagles fan) “Oh hell yes”

(Eagles fan) “everything jerry jones has done or said in the last 2 weeks has been universally loved by the NFC east.”

There are a few people present who like the hire, but most responses seem negative.
But he isn't going to be calling the plays. MM is. So there is that. lol

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Thats it, He was hired as a great offensive coach, its time to show it or hit the door. If he hired Cooper Rush as the OC at this point its irrelevant to the equation. The OC will just be implementing MM's offense not drawing it up or calling the plays... MM has the keys to the Offense now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He’s the fake Offensive Coordinator.

They couldn’t find anyone anywhere else to come be our Eric Bienemy so they just gave Schottenheimer the job.

McCarthy wants to run and call his own offense.

JBS

Reaction score
It's probably a make or break year for him but he doesn't deserve it. His results so far shouldn't have him on the hot seat. Not unless you have a delusional outlook on the roster and how this team is managed.
Luckily for fat boy, Jerry is his boss. He has real football acumen

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Wow so shocked!

My expectations for next season is about a 1. Quinn must be laughing and looking for his 2024 coaching staff.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Like any reasonable, level headed intelligent human being I will give him a chance. Unlike the majority of you miserable loser Karen’s.
I mean he literally cant fail at what he is doing... unless he can not follow directions, he should be fine implementing what he is told to by MM

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jets offense wasn't awful, they made it to the AFC Championship game and beat a prime Brady on the road to get there. Strong run game that complemented a strong defense.
butt fumble offense :flagwave:.. heck yea!! they did more with less in Ryans offenses. He didn't care just played defense.

Ken

Reaction score
Same people saying this was predictable were the same people who guaranteed Quinn was gone.

CWR

Reaction score
Why is anyone suprised?

While the hiring doesn't excite me, this is MMs offense now.

This coordinator will only help implement what MM wants and calls.

Its make or break time and I'm glad we didn't stick with KM. We needed a change. If it doesn't work we get a new staff.