Signed by Cowboys Cowboys hire Paul Guenther as defensive run game coordinator

fivetwos

Reaction score
You calling me clueless?
As to the ones screaming is more like whining. But yet they don't offer how to fix it, except to release every player and sign a bunch of high priced players. But that can't happen. Because then they whine about no cap room.

Yeah, talk about totally clueless.
It’s not like that, but this FO has serious issues noticing the very obvious….things that your typical fan does, and it’s not hindsight.

Do fans have more knowledge than a pro staff? Generally, absolutely not. In this case of very unqualified people at the very top with a bunch of yes men in search of a payday underneath….the answer is ‘yeah here and there, at least.’

shabazz

Reaction score
Nobody runs on this man.

20210818-142015-sports-guenther.jpg
I just don't see him "relating" to the players

CowboyChris

Reaction score
it seems to me that we signed 3 coaches for the DL...Guenther, Zgonina, and Ellis

conner01

Reaction score
Sometimes that can be a good thing. Some time off. It is not like they forgot everything.

Heck, if they did forget anything, they still know more than anyone on here.
Even the ones that think they know it all. :laugh:
I think being out. Watching the league and how it’s changing can be a benefit

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Guenther took over in Cincinnati after Zimmer left and continued to run aspects of his scheme. I’m thrilled about this. The continuity on the defensive side is good. All I ask is that Al Harris buy in as well. If he does this defense will be something else.
McCarthy brought Harris with him in 2020, not Quinn in 2021. No reason he shouldn't buy in. Zimmer loves man coverage.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I vaguely recall his playing days. Dude was live a tree trunk in the middle. Great run stuffer. Gritty blue collar guy. This hire is a great sign of what we are trying to achieve. I dont think we have a guy on the roster that can implement the run stuffing. MAYBE Mazi and Hankins but we need to dip into free agency for that dude. More than 1. Mazi will sink or swim with this guy. Its up to Mazi.
Bring back the player-coach.