Cowboys intend to work out a contract for Dak and have not closed off potential to consummate a deal

Chasing6

Reaction score
They would be thrilled with a championship. They should do much better than you think.
NFL is an entertainment business. Dallas has enough fan base to never win a SB again. NFL needs other markets teams to win to keep the rest of the Country entertained.

You could easily make an argument for the NFL overall, it would in their best interest for the Cowboys to struggle. They don't need more fans, and every other fan is happy when the Cowboys lose.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If Dak is not signed before the season starts, he will not be resigning with Dallas period.

What would be the point?

They are doing nothing to improve the roster, but goofy fans are expecting Dak to get to the NFC Championship to get an extension.
Yeah it would have to be an lopsided contract unless Dak gets rid of France...once he is on the books for FA after the season i see no reason Dak's side would sign anything...Our FO will play chicken..lose badly and tell you it was thier plan all along..like always..

khiladi

Reaction score
What's the plan....give Dak nothing to work with so he puts up mediocre numbers to sign him at $55M instead of $60M?

If there really have been no talks but they want to get a deal done in August as some have suggested fans should boycott. It would be a total slap in the face to fans to sit out free agency blaming Dak's contract, only to turn around and not even attempt to address the problem until after free agency is over so Jerry doesn't have to spend money.
Dak has been carrying nothing, so I’ve been told… let him do his magic again..

khiladi

Reaction score
I love it either way…. Let Dak walk or I get to watch the circus at QB provide me some more laughs, but this time during the regular season.. my reaction of the pick 6 against GB

giphy.gif

TheCritic

Reaction score
Who does this lady think she is, Mike Fisher? Uh uh uh I got it on the lowdown that there's a rumor about the word on the street that got stuck on the bottom of an anonymous shoe. And remember you heard it here first. Please click on the like button, don't forget to subscribe!!

JonesBoys

Reaction score
This would be dumb. So you didn't extend a guy who needs all the help he can get during free agency but you are going to extend him now after that ship has sailed?

All that will do is give you an overpriced average QB who will be killing your cap even more in 5 years.
Yup they do just enough to stay relevant and not enough to be a real contender.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
What's the plan....give Dak nothing to work with so he puts up mediocre numbers to sign him at $55M instead of $60M?

If there really have been no talks but they want to get a deal done in August as some have suggested fans should boycott. It would be a total slap in the face to fans to sit out free agency blaming Dak's contract, only to turn around and not even attempt to address the problem until after free agency is over so Jerry doesn't have to spend money.
But THIS is exactly what they will do. Give him 60 mil during training camp after doing nothing in FA, then high-five each other after locking up their golden boy.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Yup they do just enough to stay relevant and not enough to be a real contender.
My question is how do they not see this team is in a race with the Giants to the bottom this season. I know they are so dumb that they would even mess up a tank season, but how do they not see the window has shut after THEY slammed it?

JonesBoys

Reaction score
My question is how do they not see this team is in a race with the Giants to the bottom this season. I know they are so dumb that they would even mess up a tank season, but how do they not see the window has shut after THEY slammed it?
Almost three decades of incompetency. These two clowns could write a book on it. As long as they keep making more money that is their only goal. They will give you all the BS, all in blah blah talking points but just watch their actions and the results speak for themselves.

jgboys1

Reaction score
I still feel like we are better than the giants but that gap will be getting smaller and I wouldn’t be surprised to see the commanders come in second place in the east this season.

SMASHMOUTH9473

Reaction score
Maybe they resign him then trade him to another team (maybe the Raiders) for a boat load of compensation (players & draft picks...both this year and next year)....all while being able to resign CeeDee and Micha.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Maybe they resign him then trade him to another team (maybe the Raiders) for a boat load of compensation (players & draft picks...both this year and next year)....all while being able to resign CeeDee and Micha.
2 major problems i see with this (not the idea, i like the idea) , Dak's side will have no urgency to sign an extension that doesnt have a no trade no tag clause...2 any team Dak would accept a trade too would be better off for him to just sit tight until FA and go there with them not losing any picks...

Jayinem

Reaction score
This is just about the price point I'm sure Dak wants 60 per season Cowboys want to pay him between 45-50. They'll meet in the middle sooner or later and welcome our new QB same as the old QB.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
This is just about the price point I'm sure Dak wants 60 per season Cowboys want to pay him between 45-50. They'll meet in the middle sooner or later and welcome our new QB same as the old QB.
its really the only outcome to Jerry..I'm not sure Dak's side is on board at this point..if its not what they want I cant think of one reason they wouldn't go to FA..seriously why would they not?

MarkP88

Reaction score
I still feel like we are better than the giants but that gap will be getting smaller and I wouldn’t be surprised to see the commanders come in second place in the east this season.
At the very least, we can't count on 4 gimmes against the Giants and Commanders. My guess is we split against at least one of those two teams. The whole schedule is more demanding this year.