Cowboys intend to work out a contract for Dak and have not closed off potential to consummate a deal

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
All these big words are giving me a headache!
40year-old-virgin-disrespect.gif

CowboyChris

Reaction score
And of course there is a major caveat there................. why would anyone assume Lance can win even if you surround him with a lot of talent? So the part about Jerry wants to add talent next year around Lance and his cheap contract is quite the risk. Then again, look at who we are dealing with here - Jerry. In his mind, because he acquired Lance, ergo Lance is gonna be great. LOL.

This also shows the stupidity of Jerry. If Jerry is thinking about resetting the roster next year with a cheap QB contract than why just waste a season? Just get rid of Dak now. See if he and his agent can work a trade. It's so bizarre how Jerry thinks.
I've been saying that since the season ended, and I get the typical...."well he has a no trade clause"

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Lance is owed 25 million on his 5th year option.

Thats not paying the QB much?
option wasn't picked up, noone is going to sign him anywhere near that in FA, unless he plays a significant amount of snaps this year, and if course does well.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I truly believe the Jones boys don't even know what the plan is.
What makes this even more odd is they have had years to prepare........hell they created it for god sake. There is a basic rule when investing in stock......always know your exit before you buy.

rambo2

Reaction score
What makes this even more odd is they have had years to prepare........hell they created it for god sake. There is a basic rule when investing in stock......always know your exit before you buy.
Their plan is to make the playoffs every year.

MikeT22

Reaction score
This would be dumb. So you didn't extend a guy who needs all the help he can get during free agency but you are going to extend him now after that ship has sailed?

All that will do is give you an overpriced average QB who will be killing your cap even more in 5 years.
Yeah, but it gave the Jones boys an excuse to not sign anyone in FA. Hate getting interrupted while on the yacht.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Stephen has already said he'll call the agent during TC. Daks agent isn't calling the cowboys, that would give them leverage. Dak has all the leverage and will wait for the cowboys to call last minute because that is what they do when they back themselves into a corner.