Cowboys intend to work out a contract for Dak and have not closed off potential to consummate a deal

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Exactly, and if they move on from McCarthy, Lance has to learn yet another new offense.

The whole thing is a mess. My best guess is they think it’s all about gaining leverage over Prescott because Jerry’s ego can’t handle getting beat badly on the last contract and getting little ROI.
But the thing is the contract was fair. Giants gave Daniel Jones 40 million a year lol. Jerry needs to get over it.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
If Dak is not signed before the season starts, he will not be resigning with Dallas period.

What would be the point?

They are doing nothing to improve the roster, but goofy fans are expecting Dak to get to the NFC Championship to get an extension.
Agreed, they will let his contract run out and Dak will be a FA. Of course there will probably be other QB FA's then too. I would say we could sign the FA that makes the most sense, but of course I can't say that because of the FO we are talking about is Jerry and his gang of fools.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
ESPN radio New York calls this report BS and they said there’s no doubt whatsoever that JJ is going to full season with a scaled down roster and whatever happens happens.
They said both McCarthy and Prescott and a few others are on the hot seat to make it or break it.
They felt the Lance move to allow JJ some financial freedom to sign big free agents in the next few years and not pay his quarterback much.

Just read your last sentence about “signing big free agents” in the next few years and think about this organization and then the validity of “ESPN radio New York”…I say this as an east coaster btw

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
If Dak is not signed before the season starts, he will not be resigning with Dallas period.

What would be the point?

They are doing nothing to improve the roster, but goofy fans are expecting Dak to get to the NFC Championship to get an extension.
i agree if he dont sign before the season his time in dallas is done i think a changeis needed i dont believe that dak will ever win a superbowl in dallas

Chasing6

Reaction score
ESPN radio New York calls this report BS and they said there’s no doubt whatsoever that JJ is going to full season with a scaled down roster and whatever happens happens.
They said both McCarthy and Prescott and a few others are on the hot seat to make it or break it.
They felt the Lance move to allow JJ some financial freedom to sign big free agents in the next few years and not pay his quarterback much.
Make it or break it is not the correct terminology.

It is more like the Last Dance.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I don't believe it. I think they will present an offer to him well below what he wants and he will move on.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

What would be the point?

When, not if, Dak isn’t signed at the start of the season you doomsday prophets will just find another date to cling to like you’ve done all offseason.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
What's the plan....give Dak nothing to work with so he puts up mediocre numbers to sign him at $55M instead of $60M?

If there really have been no talks but they want to get a deal done in August as some have suggested fans should boycott. It would be a total slap in the face to fans to sit out free agency blaming Dak's contract, only to turn around and not even attempt to address the problem until after free agency is over so Jerry doesn't have to spend money.
Maybe someone doesn't get signed then can't sign them all

Sydla

Reaction score
We shall see.

Josina has sources too.

And of course there is a major caveat there................. why would anyone assume Lance can win even if you surround him with a lot of talent? So the part about Jerry wants to add talent next year around Lance and his cheap contract is quite the risk. Then again, look at who we are dealing with here - Jerry. In his mind, because he acquired Lance, ergo Lance is gonna be great. LOL.

This also shows the stupidity of Jerry. If Jerry is thinking about resetting the roster next year with a cheap QB contract than why just waste a season? Just get rid of Dak now. See if he and his agent can work a trade. It's so bizarre how Jerry thinks.