Cowboys (McCarthy) 2 scoring offense, Chargers (Moore) 8 scoring offense

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
That's a bit of an overstatement. MM said it was KM's offense and that he would learn and adapt to it so as not to cause any dropoff. I honestly believe the first season McCarthy didn't know the offense well enough to step in. I think he gained a better grasp in year two and last year I think he was finally at the point where he did step in and I think that's what led to the friction. I think Moore ignored MM's directives one time too many and Big Mike was done. I suspect that Green Bay game was the final straw. Moore's post-game comment about "going for the kill shot" had to have caused McCarthy major heartburn!
Still early in the year, and Rams secondary looks pretty bad, but you were one of the first ones last year to call for Kellen’s head. I remember because I was right there with you. LOL. Not a popular take. At all. Kellen was single-handedly causing guys to win their fantasy football leagues. LOL. I still think he‘s a great QB Coach BTW.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Where are all the "Do we miss Kellen Moore yet" posts at?

Okay okay.. We have to subtract the 3 defensive TDs and the one ST TD from the Cowboys and if we do that the Chargers offense has actually scored more points. Which has led to their far superior won-loss record... Oh wait..

Like I said for his entire run in Dallas.. Moore has zero feel for complementary football.. so his offense will put up flowery numbers but it will not translate to as many wins as one might think. Herbert looks good in that offense which should surprise no one.. but it's not winning football.. The Chargers have a bottom third of the league defense.. but I wonder how much of that is a result of constantly being hung out to dry by the offense. It's a tough thing to quantify.. I'm just glad it's somebody else's problem now.
You do realize Herbert is playing with a broken hand and rib....without his #1 WR?

And is still keeping the Chargers afloat.

If that was Prescott...he's on the IR....looking for his next tattoo.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
It is. It's just a fancy way of saying "keep games close and reduce our margin for error." We watched JG do it for a decade.

That said, they don't really play complimentary football anyway. If they did, they wouldn't kick long field goals or constantly go for it.
MM isn’t keeping games close he’s waiting until he has a sizable lead. JG was good with a 1-3 point lead when he’d get conservative which was why having a good kicker was always so important to JG.

CWR

Reaction score

Okay okay.. We have to subtract the 3 defensive TDs and the one ST TD from the Cowboys and if we do that the Chargers offense has actually scored more points. Which has led to their far superior won-loss record... Oh wait..

Like I said for his entire run in Dallas.. Moore has zero feel for complementary football.. so his offense will put up flowery numbers but it will not translate to as many wins as one might think. Herbert looks good in that offense which should surprise no one.. but it's not winning football.. The Chargers have a bottom third of the league defense.. but I wonder how much of that is a result of constantly being hung out to dry by the offense. It's a tough thing to quantify.. I'm just glad it's somebody else's problem now.

They belong with all the do you miss Schultz yet posts.

CWR

Reaction score
Um Keenan Allen is the Chargers' #1 receiver. And you know what all that other stuff you said sounds like..
excuses.

That and they have arguably the best receiving back in the league as well as the first wr drafted in this class.

Hes such a Boise apologist it's stupid. Same dude told us KM was our future at qb.

Brax

Reaction score

Funny, we’ll see come January how MM does. Complementary football, you mean as long as the D shows up who needs points, that MM, can’t wait for” the D failed MM hung them out to dry”. You’re too funny, hard to believe you actually believe the stuff you post.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I think it's hilarious people hype up kellen. No matter what you think of MM, Moore is midas hell

Reactions: CWR

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
Complimentary football is stupid. I'd rather score more.

That said, McCarthy has gone so conservative in some of the blowouts that it's pretty impossible to realistically compare the two.

I don't know how you blame KM for something like the Miami loss lol
If you dont play complementary football you end up losing a lot of games 38-34. There is a time to hit the gas and a time to idle back.

HungryLion

Reaction score
How is it stupid though lol? Teams literally win Super Bowls because of it.
Well I think it really depends what somebody means by being complimentary.

For example, everytime the offense has the ball the goal should always be to score a TD.

Some teams fall into the trap of trying to burn a lot of clock…… to the detriment of that goal.

Obviously the best thing you can do when you have a lead is to burn a lot of clock AND score a TD.

That being said I would take a 80 yard touchdown that burns 10 seconds off the clock. Over a 6 minute drive that ends in 3 points.

So I think when being “complimentary” you need to maintain a certain degree of aggressiveness. Playing super conservative because you’re afraid of mistakes is a way to get beat by good teams.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
If you dont play complementary football you end up losing a lot of games 38-34. There is a time to hit the gas and a time to idle back.
Nope. If your defense is giving up 38 points a game it doesn't matter if you play "complimentary" or not.

HungryLion

Reaction score
I also think the defense and special teams is getting lost in this complimentary football discussion.

When you have a lead, part of complimentary football is the defense getting stops or at very least making the opposing offense use a lot of time to score.

Special teams is part of complimentary football because if you do get in a situation where you gotta punt, the punter can pin the opposing team deep. Or the field goal kicker makes a clutch kick to extend the lead, etc.

Complimentary football is not just the offenses job.

NFCBeasts

Reaction score

Stupid post

NFCBeasts

Reaction score

You are king at hiding under rocks when your posts back fire and then posting something like this after a positive game. This is nothing more than a troll post…. leave the trolling to us anti Dak posters.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Complimentary football is stupid. I'd rather score more.

That said, McCarthy has gone so conservative in some of the blowouts that it's pretty impossible to realistically compare the two.

I don't know how you blame KM for something like the Miami loss lol
There is a place for complimentary football, which I know you are aware of.

Having the ability to call plays to either move quick or slow things down can be important and you can’t do that if your offense is heavily favoring one or the other calling strategies

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well I think it really depends what somebody means by being complimentary.

For example, everytime the offense has the ball the goal should always be to score a TD.

Some teams fall into the trap of trying to burn a lot of clock…… to the detriment of that goal.

Obviously the best thing you can do when you have a lead is to burn a lot of clock AND score a TD.

That being said I would take a 80 yard touchdown that burns 10 seconds off the clock. Over a 6 minute drive that ends in 3 points.

So I think when being “complimentary” you need to maintain a certain degree of aggressiveness. Playing super conservative because you’re afraid of mistakes is a way to get beat by good teams.
Yeah but the objective is always 6. I’d rather have a 6 minute drive scoring 6 than a 10 second 80 yard drive. Not sure why the options are 3 points or 6 the option is always to score a TD.