Cowboys need to resign Dak before Baker and Josh Allen reset the market

blueblood70

Reaction score
The Browns took down a 12-4 divisional champ on their home field as a wild card. What game as Dak won where Dallas was an underdog? Mayfield just bested anything Dak has ever done.
sorry but PB blew that game they lost it more then the browns won it.bad example whens the last time a team in the playoffs gave th Cowboys that many free unforced gifts to start a 1st qtr, they spotted the browns 28 point and lost by 10..that just pure luck..bakers not playig better then dak the Browns are playing better then the Cowboys, its that simple..its team game and the browns defense got some gift, easy to win game getting spotted 28poits, its an outlier..

I agree dak deosnt deserve the Market next man up deal that why as fake GM if it were me i cap dak at 35 or seek trades.. we will all see whos right or wrong by simply using the non exclusive tag on dak and let him seek deals and we can match or get 2 firsts and start moving on..

all these fans JT etc keep harping on market sorry but cousins, carr , goff, wentz, etc etc all prove the Jonses are correct in trying to keep dak under elite money 35 or at least garner a team friendly structure to help relive cap restraint's,,daks been unwilling to sign, not the jonses error trying to negotiate a better team friendly deal..they have proof overpaying QBs doesnt =success..

sure theres a market but daks tier 2 players, hes franchise guy but he belongs in the 2nd tier market not elite IMHO, that where i stop wanting dak.

35mil- 5 year deal first 3 years guaranteed and last year can be voided with sb appearance and or win can escalate to a 45mil final year..Daks not allowing the jonses to be creative, so it works out for both sides..

retreads like rivers , underpaid players like Tom Brady, brees, and others have been enough to get teams into the playosfs IF

blueblood70

Reaction score
The market doesn't care about our opinions. Prescott will get a healthy chunk somewhere.
most likely but we will get rewarded handsomely, it works both ways

teams have let talent walk,
Mack
cooper
Adams
ramseys

and others for high draft picks and moved on..a bit different with a QB but hes not walking unless we get 2 firsts if the jonses decide to hold that to the team trying to pull him away..I for one.

whos paying 2 first and 40+mil to dak? i cant wait to see the offers , ie put him on NEFT and lets sit back and see whos on the correct side of the argument of daks market..

i wished they did this in 2020 because it would have sped up the process..

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I agree. The math says that we win right around 5 or 6 games with Dak healthy. Games won, championships won, that's how great seasons are measured. Who gives a flip if your QB throws for 5k yards if you are sitting home during the playoffs? I mean, this game is not played so that the QB can just go out and try to set records all the time. This game is played for Championships. I just don't understand how that is lost on our fan base.
so watson must suck. he hasn't won anything.
Andrew Luck sucked. he didn't win anything
Baker Mayfield sucks. he hasn't won anything.
Josh Allen sucks. he hasn't won anything
Mathew stafford sucks. he never won anything
Rodgers sucks, given he hasn't won anything since 2010.
Lamar Jackson suck he hasn't won anything
Andy Dalton Sucks he never won anything
Peyton Manning sucked his first 4 years....he was 0-4 in playoffs

the list of good QBs that never won superbowl is much much much much longer....and if you really understood football you would know its more than just the QB, although the QB is the most important OFFENSIVE position.

so based on your statement above. its all QB. wins. losses. championships.nobody else bears responsibility except for the QB

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
And he needs 3 premium receivers
in 2018, after he got cooper, he was the leading passer in the league. in fact in 2019 he was 2nd leading passer and I would venture to say he highly contributed to success of Gallup. perhaps Dak made gallup given gallup couldn't come close to his output from last year.......but hey lets give credit to Gallup making Dak, because hey it fits my agenda.

and I like to ask you how many quarterbacks can you name that produced without having top WRs or TEs on their team? I will wait for you to do some research and google it and spin it....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Cleveland has been able to build a winner with Mayfields contract. Dallas had their window with Daks cheap contract and had no luck. You can't give Dak a market contract and hope to compete. We need someone on a rookie deal.
so if mayfield doesn't win it in the next two years, cleveland should just move on and not resign him
if Josh allen doesn't win it in the next two years, then Bills should just move on.
If Chargers don't win it in the next 4 years, they should just dump herbert

so in essence no QB should be resigned after their first rookie contract to any extension if they don't win it. every team should just go back to draft and fish for another QB...right? that's what you seemingly are proposing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
While Dalton definitely solidified a backup role here I’d like to have seen how he’d do against playoff caliber teams.
we know how dalton would do. he got smacked against average teams like Ravens, AZ and WFT...playing against their starting QBs....and was able to beat 3 4 win teams playing their back up QBs.....so what do you think Dalton would do against a playoff team...oh wait, we know he went 0-5 and had his absolute worst performances of his career....

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
most likely but we will get rewarded handsomely, it works both ways

teams have let talent walk,
Mack
cooper
Adams
ramseys

and others for high draft picks and moved on..a bit different with a QB but hes not walking unless we get 2 firsts if the jonses decide to hold that to the team trying to pull him away..I for one.

whos paying 2 first and 40+mil to dak? i cant wait to see the offers , ie put him on NEFT and lets sit back and see whos on the correct side of the argument of daks market..

i wished they did this in 2020 because it would have sped up the process..
If you don't want Prescott to get an extension because you "think it's too high" then it would be foolish to tag him again.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If you don't want Prescott to get an extension because you "think it's too high" then it would be foolish to tag him again.
no we need to have his rights and or his services not foolish at all the third one would be foolish but you have to tag him to get draft picks Ummok...

NEFT is best for both sides and we can check his true market..

you know what foolish fans believing all they say around here somehow is something the FO is unaware of..they are fully aware of whats going on without our help, no reminders, blessings, or pointers needed.

you dont let a guy walk with that kind of trade value, thats foolish..

88sAndHeartbreak

Reaction score
I agree. The math says that we win right around 5 or 6 games with Dak healthy. Games won, championships won, that's how great seasons are measured. Who gives a flip if your QB throws for 5k yards if you are sitting home during the playoffs? I mean, this game is not played so that the QB can just go out and try to set records all the time. This game is played for Championships. I just don't understand how that is lost on our fan base.
What math are you doing to come up with 5-6 wins? Show me your homework...

And I guess one of the worst ranked defenses in Cowboy HISTORY has nothing to do with anything? The defense allowed 473 points and the run D was ranked 31st... there are only 32 teams in the NFL.

Here's my homework...
Daks passing yards first four games this season:
1. 266
2. 450
3. 472
4. 502
If he would have continued on that pace he would have had AT LEAST 5k+. Sure Jamis Winston has a 5k+ but yall failed to mention his 30 INTERCEPTIONS that year.

*****Edit:
No you haven't "seen this before" Dallas has never had a 5k+ yd qb

Last edited:

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
in 2018, after he got cooper, he was the leading passer in the league. in fact in 2019 he was 2nd leading passer and I would venture to say he highly contributed to success of Gallup. perhaps Dak made gallup given gallup couldn't come close to his output from last year.......but hey lets give credit to Gallup making Dak, because hey it fits my agenda.

and I like to ask you how many quarterbacks can you name that produced without having top WRs or TEs on their team? I will wait for you to do some research and google it and spin it....

agreed. This argument against Dak is so poor.

no one says Davante Adams makes Rodgers.

no one says Stefon Diggs makes Josh Allen.

no one says Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce make Mahomes

but Gallup and Cooper make Dak. Lol okay.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
agreed. This argument against Dak is so poor.

no one says Davante Adams makes Rodgers.

no one says Stefon Diggs makes Josh Allen.

no one says Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce make Mahomes

but Gallup and Cooper make Dak. Lol okay.

Why are there so many of you "Dak at All Costs" who can't interpret information on anything other than the basic level.

The argument above differs with the Cowboys as NOBODY is saying QB dont have help, what they're saying that is that our offense is such that we shouldnt need an 'expensive QB' to function.....indeed it could be argued that our offense has succeeded DESPITE Dak being only average to good on Red Zone accuracy and production.

The argument is that with the team, as it is, would be better served with resources being spent heavily on the defense rather than QB. That maybe in free agency or drafting (if their man is available)....whichever QB would be playing in a talented (when fit) offense.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have a defense that allowed a franchise-record 473 points against and was 31st in run D, and you talk about scarficing one of your better offensive players?!?

Dak was on a record pace before injury. It would be asennine to get rid of him because you can't figure out the cap and have a better defensive draft.

The fact that you even thought about suggesting Rivers, Stafford and Cousins tells me how you evaluate qb's...

Wow. Thats some great thinking you did here. You got the first part right about the defense. So we can agree the defense needs to be rebuilt. The next question is how do you rebuild the defense with a Qb making 40M, a WR making 20M, and a RB making 17M.......and still keep the OL stocked so these 3 premium priced players have a chance to shine.

Dak is not a transcendent talent. You apparently have selective amnesia b/c just last year he struggled to get the team to 8-8 with most everyone on offense healthy. This franchise is going nowhere without a much improved defense and we have more needs than can be filled in the draft. The fact you think Dak is better than Rivers and Stafford tells me that you are just a fanboy upset b/c not everyone thinks your pet cat is the answer.

Last edited:

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So another year we have no shot at winning it all. Got it.

I'd much rather just do a rebuild and try to get a blue chip QB.

I'm fine with drafting a QB. Its not like there is a path forward with Dak making 40M.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
so watson must suck. he hasn't won anything.
Andrew Luck sucked. he didn't win anything
Baker Mayfield sucks. he hasn't won anything.
Josh Allen sucks. he hasn't won anything
Mathew stafford sucks. he never won anything
Rodgers sucks, given he hasn't won anything since 2010.
Lamar Jackson suck he hasn't won anything
Andy Dalton Sucks he never won anything
Peyton Manning sucked his first 4 years....he was 0-4 in playoffs

the list of good QBs that never won superbowl is much much much much longer....and if you really understood football you would know its more than just the QB, although the QB is the most important OFFENSIVE position.

so based on your statement above. its all QB. wins. losses. championships.nobody else bears responsibility except for the QB

You mentioning Rodgers and Manning to defend Dak is a desperate joke. As for Mayfield and Allen, they both have won as many playoff games as Dak so I guess that means they are as good if not better than Dak.