Cowboys need to resign Dak before Baker and Josh Allen reset the market

Vandyr

Reaction score
I said multiple times that Dak was ON PACE before injury for a 5k+ season.

You don't know what a smart, educated, and lucky draft/free agency is, but a discussion with ME is a fools arrand?!? LMAO... I've already told what it doesn't look like, the Giants and thier $100M defense a few years back.

Going by the start of the season, he was "on pace" to go 4-12

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
As usual i'm trying to follow your logic.

Dalton 'sucked' due to a number of reasons, number 1 being that he didn't have the O-Line afforded to previous QB's and he doesnt have the mobility to get out of trouble when that line surrenders.

Dalton is an individual and you can't dismiss ALL QB's based on him especially when he wasn't afforded the strong offense I am advocating.

Part of the money saved on not signing Dak (if that's the direction chosen), would be to strengthen the backup O-Line corp, so that when the injuries come to Smith/Collins/Martin.
Dalton sucked, because he sucks. it was essentially the same OL, with backups. if you say he didn't have martin and blame all his short comings on a RG then you will lose any credibility you may have had.

Dalton's time has come and gone, if he ever had a time. he folds continuously and consistently in big games. that's been the story of his career. this year, he couldn't keep the team competitive against average teams like WFT, AZ or ravens. yet, he beat three 4 win teams, with their back up QBs, when the defense helped him with 9 turnvers......

Going with Dalton is admiting we want to tank, so then lets go with dalton, dump everyone and tank and go for the top pick and hope that year a top QB is available and he works out.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don’t be stupid because other teams are stupid..

Drafting QBs is the way to go.
Because Mariota, Darnold, Gabbart, RG III and others worked out so well?

What are the odds of drafting a Mahomes vs. drafting a Daniel Jones.

The point is, sure drafting is cheaper, but the odds of making a notable improvement at the position are low, and the odds of actually getting worse at the position are worrisome.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why are people debating what money Dak should earn?

Surely the main issue is whether or not the QB can play at an elite level (and I mean carry a team if necessary). These days it is almost impossible to win a SB without a QB playing at elite level. Even if Dak plays for nothing - and to be honest, he played for nearly nothing for 4 years - he's not good enough to carry the team.
was Foles Elite? or did he just play at a high level for a few games?
Was Manning Elite with Denver?
Was Flacco Elite?

you need good, high level QB play. you don't need elite. in Fact Rodgers whom everyone refers to as elite hasn't been to the superbowl since 2011. Same with Rothlisberger, Same with Brees. all of whom everyone talks about being elite...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Going by the start of the season, he was "on pace" to go 4-12
I don't think Dak would have thrown for 5000 or way over 5000. that was the necessasity in those games given how bad the defense was. we also played seattle, cleveland, rams, three playoff teams. I think the pace would be been less, but we would have had more victories and been more competitive. an 8-8 wouldn't be far fetched given our performance against Giants and our performance against washington and dismal offensive performance against AZ.

Swagger

Reaction score

The point is, sure drafting is cheaper, but the odds of making a notable improvement at the position are low, and the odds of actually getting worse at the position are worrisome.
I would take a QB like Daniel Jones on a rookie contract in this offense.

Catch previously made an excellent point that most quarterbacks in the league go as the team goes. There are very few QBs worth paying big money and Prescott simply isn't one of them.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would take a QB like Daniel Jones on a rookie contract in this offense.

Catch previously made an excellent point that most quarterbacks in the league go as the team goes. There are very few QBs worth paying big money and Prescott simply isn't one of them.
DanielJones passer rating and QBR have been poor. At team certainly doesn't want a QB that is more hindrance than help.

erod

Reaction score

You're missing the point.

It's about how you allocate your cap money in relation to how much your QB can shoulder the load.

Dallas can win with Dak. However, the Cowboys can't win if he hogging up the cap space. He needs exceptional talent around him to be succesful.

In fact, show me the top paid quarterbacks who have won a Super Bowl after they got their huge contract.

Tom Brady got it. He didn't demand huge money. Of course, it helped that his wife makes far more than him, but still.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Disaster of an offensive line and no running game.

Wilson and a few defensive guys scarfed up all the cap room.
seattle was 12th in rushing.

the team is going through a transition after their superbowls and only more proof that a QB can't do it all by himself. and secondly that you have to do it through the draft, and FA is not the answer as they have taken that approach and their defense was ranked pretty low....

erod

Reaction score
seattle was 12th in rushing.

the team is going through a transition after their superbowls and only more proof that a QB can't do it all by himself. and secondly that you have to do it through the draft, and FA is not the answer as they have taken that approach and their defense was ranked pretty low....
NFL teams barely run anymore, so the competition isn't high.

And Wilson accounts for a big part of that rushing yardage.

Seattle is not a good running team.

Swagger

Reaction score
DanielJones passer rating and QBR have been poor. At team certainly doesn't want a QB that is more hindrance than help.
He has mostly played behind a poor offensive line. Not every QB has had the luxury of playing in an offence like the Cowboys since 2016

Vandyr

Reaction score
I don't think Dak would have thrown for 5000 or way over 5000. that was the necessasity in those games given how bad the defense was. we also played seattle, cleveland, rams, three playoff teams. I think the pace would be been less, but we would have had more victories and been more competitive. an 8-8 wouldn't be far fetched given our performance against Giants and our performance against washington and dismal offensive performance against AZ.

Yea I don't disagree with that, just playing devil's advocate for the "on pace" argument. Sad thing is, 8-8 would have won the division

Motorola

Reaction score
Dalton sucked, because he sucks. it was essentially the same OL, with backups. if you say he didn't have martin and blame all his short comings on a RG then you will lose any credibility you may have had.

Dalton's time has come and gone, if he ever had a time. he folds continuously and consistently in big games. that's been the story of his career. this year, he couldn't keep the team competitive against average teams like WFT, AZ or RAVENS. yet, he beat three 4 win teams, with their back up QBs, when the defense helped him with 9 turnvers......

Going with Dalton is admiting we want to tank, so then lets go with dalton, dump everyone and tank and go for the top pick and hope that year a top QB is available and he works out.
11-5 Ravens are average?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
NFL teams barely run anymore, so the competition isn't high.

And Wilson accounts for a big part of that rushing yardage.

Seattle is not a good running team.
spin away. they were 12th in rushing. so do we also take out Jackson's rushing yards from Ravens?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Funny....we have to go back 10 years when Dalton had an healthy Oline and a real training to find any slinging of value...Dalton slung his way into journey man back-up

Dak Haters are Pathetic!!

OK fan boy.