Cowboys No Name LB's

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I realize Evans can be depth here but that doesn't make him a weapon in our defense and I believe that's why a linebacker will be high on the list not one of these tweeners but a true big downhill but yet athletic linebacker.. I know they seem cheap sometimes but I think with Layton vander's future on the line right now probably never going to be a starter again, you can't count on the guy....

so this is gonna be high on the list for will McClay to find that dude in the middle in this draft there is 7 rounds, we can address a lot of positions...
I believe it’s a need but not top priority as Tyron is expected to be gone, Martin getting older and our center is unsigned. Let’s not forget we don’t have a back either signed for next season

Cowboyny

Reaction score
first of all there's seven rounds plus free agency,

secondly fix the offensive line it's already getting better how do you fix one when you just paid Terrence Steele you just re upped Zach Martin Tyler Smith playing very well and although tyrone's up in age a bit he's also playing well and by the way maybe you haven't noticed but we brought in bass Hoffman and Richards to add to a free agent here there I don't see the big problem with the offensive line besides the fact that Terrence Steele and Zach Martin haven't been playing up to their level..

They have brought in guys every single draft so this is not a new thing for the offensive line they need to develop those guys you're not gonna help yourself by not getting richer it's more time but when you're in the middle of a playoff race I don't think the offensive line is an emergency in the draft we have players to develop we just picked them I mean how many guys what are you gonna do pick 52 offensive lineman over the next four years where they never really have a spot other than being a backup?

So yeah we're gonna pick a running back hell we might pick an offensive lineman but I'm betting a linebacker is high on their list

I think the problem with our fan base is they believe we should have 5 pro bowlers on the offensive line and they said I'll be playing great because that's how every team designs their offensive line right?

WRONG,
ours just took a while to gel however they're not as bad as people are making it out to me and once current steel rounds back into shape this is what most teams offensive lines look like you can't afford to have every single hydropic or big time free agent along one group.. We have guys on this team to develop I just mentioned them they were just prior they are not bus they are deaf and when it's their time we will see how they play when they get to play what say 10 to 17 games and then we'll find out what they have you have to play the guys to see what they have we don't have room for them because we have a relatively veteran group right now up front..

So let's not exaggerate or overblow the fact that we think we need to redo and retool our entire offensive line, that is not a fact.... I mean teams always need to be looking to get better take best player available they may take it center or a left tackle if the opportunity seems like the right pic but I don't think it's a priority by any means...
Our issue is we do not match up against the best teams in the trenches. You can make an argument that adding a Mike linebacker helps that aspect, but they are decent against the run, where they are awful running team

blueblood70

Reaction score
I believe it’s a need but not top priority as Tyron is expected to be gone, Martin getting older and our center is unsigned. Let’s not forget we don’t have a back either signed for next season
the way i see it you stick A.richards at LT from Otas-Mcamps all the way through preseason, dont move him no matter if hes struggling. lets see what hes got..hes got similar build and style as Tyler and who knows could be molded into a good LT... got to give our Draft picks some time to develop before its labeled a need every draft....

rambo2

Reaction score
We are thin at the position.
LVE is most likely gone and Overshown is coming off a serious injury as well.
We need to draft and sign some LBs
This offseason IMHO.
How can you say that they didn't have a good offseason when they brought in Gilmore, Cooks, Aubrey, and they drafted Overshown? Also brought in the backup olineman.

817Gill

Reaction score
LB is a position where it's good to go with no-names. It's kind of the RB of defense... low in value compared with say DE or CB and high in injuries. Definitely not a spot where you want to stick all your eggs in one basket.

The bust rate on 1st round LBs is ridiculous, so I'd prefer to either pay a no-name kind of vet, or keep sinking mid round picks into it and hope one hits.
Bingo

rambo2

Reaction score
Cowboys still stick to their board and adjust mainly slightly upon opportunity.
I'm thinking that there will be a very good receiver on the board when they pick and Benson the running back from Florida State. Cowboys will be picking between 28 and 32. There will be a bunch of qbs and olinemen taken before the Cowboys. They still might get an olineman, but I know there will be a good receiver available.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fact that you guys don't understand how well Damone Clark is playing doesn't surprise me.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LB is a position where it's good to go with no-names. It's kind of the RB of defense... low in value compared with say DE or CB and high in injuries. Definitely not a spot where you want to stick all your eggs in one basket.

The bust rate on 1st round LBs is ridiculous, so I'd prefer to either pay a no-name kind of vet, or keep sinking mid round picks into it and hope one hits.
Nonsense.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
the way i see it you stick A.richards at LT from Otas-Mcamps all the way through preseason, dont move him no matter if hes struggling. lets see what hes got..hes got similar build and style as Tyler and who knows could be molded into a good LT... got to give our Draft picks some time to develop before its labeled a need every draft....
Don’t think you can just throw him out there, there is a reason why he has been inactive for most of the season

rambo2

Reaction score
Don’t think you can just throw him out there, there is a reason why he has been inactive for most of the season
The reason he has been inactive is that Tyron Smith has been active.

Beaker42

Reaction score
We have Asim Richards who played outstanding football in preseason to step in at LT. We definitely need to draft an OT (we should every draft) but we need RB and LB and slot CB before we need OL.