Cowboys not getting alot of respect heading into playoffs

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
As great as the D has been, this Linehan & Dak led offense has been pretty bad/inconsistent for much of the season. We just looked awful and got shut out vs the Colts 2 games ago. The critics see what many of is see. If the offense picks it up a notch, we can beat anybody, but that’s the big “if”.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Most of the football universe views Dallas as a soft team particularly in big games. Respect is earned and we have an opportunity to get some. But, its going to take more than a wild card weekend victory.
Right-0n, Holmes!:starspin:

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
As great as the D has been, this Linehan & Dak led offense has been pretty bad/inconsistent for much of the season. We just looked awful and got shut out vs the Colts 2 games ago. The critics see what many of is see. If the offense picks it up a notch, we can beat anybody, but that’s the big “if”.

The Dee has been consistently good, statistically. But heading into the playoffs, Marinelli better draw up some better schemes...else this team will get pounded just as the Colts did to them. The better QBs will pick this statistically great defense apart if they just line up in obvious zone or man coverages all game. Easy pickins'....

And yes, of course Linehan and Dak better improve, especially in the Red Zone. And if I see another long-developing stretch run on 3rd or 4th and short, I'll be tempted to throw my TV....JUST RUN A QUICK DIVE OR OFF TACKLE PLAY PLEASE, not have Zeke run sideways until a hole opens up. Come on, man! This ain't rocket science.

dwreck27

Reaction score
We shouldn’t have any respect... we are the 9-7 team whose offense loves to **** down it’s own pants in the redzone

I will say this though we are a scary team if the offense clicks to pair with our defense. If not then this might be a one and done squad

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This team does deserve respect, but they do not get it from outsiders, as well as some fans. One thing that made it so great in the 70's through the mid 90's was, there was nothing that could be done, because no one could stop them.

Praxit

Reaction score
..kidding me! ..Cowboys haven't got respect all season..lol They win 5 in row, beat a Murderer's Row. Then drog an egg. Back to no respect. Whats new.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
..kidding me! ..Cowboys haven't got respect all season..lol They win 5 in row, beat a Murderer's Row. Then drog an egg. Back to no respect. Whats new.

and rigtly so, the next week the hapless Giants take the Colts to the wire. Dallas got whipped.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
and rigtly so, the next week the hapless Giants take the Colts to the wire. Dallas got whipped.

So colts played Philly and got beat Dallas beats Philly twice. Using 1 game as some prove is ridicules. As for NY they beat Chicago in the end it means nothing, it is all about the overall records not losing to any certain team. Pats lost to Tenn does not make Tenn the better team. Beating or losing to NY is not going to gain Dallas any more or any less respect.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
So colts played Philly and got beat Dallas beats Philly twice. Using 1 game as some prove is ridicules. As for NY they beat Chicago in the end it means nothing, it is all about the overall records not losing to any certain team. Pats lost to Tenn does not make Tenn the better team. Beating or losing to NY is not going to gain Dallas any more or any less respect.

yes it is, as the media has more power than you understand as does a lot of other factors and at teh end of the day, the media doesnt put up what you did all season but week to week. Dallas didnt score against the Colts and that was a big game for us. As i said the loss would hurt us more than it would the COlts and the fact we couldnt even score does matter.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Why would we? We basically have a high school QB leading us

Doomsday101

Reaction score
yes it is, as the media has more power than you understand as does a lot of other factors and at teh end of the day, the media doesnt put up what you did all season but week to week. Dallas didnt score against the Colts and that was a big game for us. As i said the loss would hurt us more than it would the COlts and the fact we couldnt even score does matter.

Seahawks lost to the 9ers 2 weeks ago no one cares and no one is their right mind would think for a second that San Fran is a better team than the Seahawks. Media has power? How so, they have views and opinion and they tend to be wrong most of the time. Frankly do not care what the media as to say.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Seahawks lost to the 9ers 2 weeks ago no one cares and no one is their right mind would think for a second that San Fran is a better team than the Seahawks. Media has power? How so, they have views and opinion and they tend to be wrong most of the time. Frankly do not care what the media as to say.

you may not, the media isnt there just for you. you know what does give the media power, us. We havent dont anything for over 20 plus years. you dont think that wont be brought up? you dont think the players dont consider that? you think if we loss the media will just say "well the Cowboys lost" Noooooo, we are their ratings. if we lose yet again, its going to be dissected for weeks. Dallas has way more to lose than the rest.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
you may not, the media isnt there just for you. you know what does give the media power, us. We havent dont anything for over 20 plus years. you dont think that wont be brought up? you dont think the players dont consider that? you think if we loss the media will just say "well the Cowboys lost" Noooooo, we are their ratings. if we lose yet again, its going to be dissected for weeks. Dallas has way more to lose than the rest.

Media has no say in these games, I'm sorry I don't know what planet you live on. Media can talk always have always will and they can be hard on Dallas and????? No more than people here but in the end what the media has to say does not mean crap. Unless you live in die by their view points. On one had you say the media is not there for me but they are their for us? LOL Dallas has nothing to lose in this game and you trying to build it up as some big game is in your head. Dallas is the 4th seed and no matter what happens in this game Dallas will be the 4th seed.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Media has no say in these games, I'm sorry I don't know what planet you live on. Media can talk always have always will and they can be hard on Dallas and????? No more than people here but in the end what the media has to say does not mean crap. Unless you live in die by their view points. On one had you say the media is not there for me but they are their for us? LOL Dallas has nothing to lose in this game and you trying to build it up as some big game is in your head. Dallas is the 4th seed and no matter what happens in this game Dallas will be the 4th seed.

lol. yea, thats all that matters. And when Dallas loses you will hear "Dallas lost and it was no big whoop" lol, shall i laugh now or wait like i do with others.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Until you prove you are the new you, you are the old you. Until they prove to Denny Green they are not who he thought they were, that's who they are.

Worst O of the NFC playoff teams and 3rd best D, going to need some mojo magic to make noise...………..turnovers. This team has to win the turnover battle, the great equalizer.

The only way the Cowboys are going to get any playoff respect is to earn it by winning. The last time they were in they had homefield throughout and blew that. The Cowboys are Playoff Patsy until proven otherwise.

They do have a good run game and D and that usually translates well in January but weather will not be a factor in their first game or second, should they win the first.
Getting turnovers is big and right behind that is cutting down on penalties. We have had so many that killed offensive drives or negated 1st downs or extended opposing team's drives. Just the last 3 games alone 11-9-11. The offense hasn't been great, but there are also several games that shouldn't have been as close as they were due to some dumb penalties and a few dubious ones. We can't control the questionable ones, but we can't keep getting dumb ones.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
lol. yea, thats all that matters. And when Dallas loses you will hear "Dallas lost and it was no big whoop" lol, shall i laugh now or wait like i do with others.

I'm sorry many of us are not beholden to what the media says and when you say media which media outlet or person, their views tend to be all over the place? Oh they may say real bad things if we lose. oh my that is going to hurt my feelings. lol Come one really you pay that much attention to a group of people who change views at the drop of a hat?

I will say I want Dallas to win in any game they play but right now to be honest I hope coaches are putting in more time with Seahawks or Minn film than they are with the Giants.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I'm sorry many of us are not beholden to what the media says and when you say media which media outlet or person, their views tend to be all over the place? Oh they may say real bad things if we lose. oh my that is going to hurt my feelings. lol Come one really you pay that much attention to a group of people who change views at the drop of a hat?

I will say I want Dallas to win in any game they play but right now to be honest I hope coaches are putting in more time with Seahawks or Minn film than they are with the Giants.

I dont and im not saying i do, but you have to admit the futilty of this organization and continously giving them ammo emboldens the media dislike of the team and all of that adds to the culture of the medoicrity that has taken hold in the Cowboys for the last 15 years. Its just one more factor that outweighs what we do.

This playoff game is bigger than the 4th seed. thats just fact.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
and i ll go one further, sometimes a Cowboys loss is bigger ratings than some teams wins.