Cowboys not getting alot of respect heading into playoffs

kramskoi

Reaction score
Why should they? They are in serious jeopardy of losing in the very first round...which would definitely leave a bad aftertaste. They will be the weakest of the six teams to make the playoffs on the NFC side.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Exactly, teams with a bye usually are flat for at least a quarter or so when the playoffs start. Our Bye week is this coming week, we can pick and choose who we play.

And we're going to come out flat just like we always do after a bye or sitting our starters. Rust city. Our offense is bad enough already, let alone if they add "flat" on top of that!

Hadenough

Reaction score
Lack of respect is earned. Getting curb stomped by the Colts and surviving a bad Bucs team makes them look like they are regressing towards the playoffs.
I do agree that the Colts game just look bad. I mean even on a bad day a true playoff team doesnt get shut out. The funny thing about Tampa is they have an offense that can score on anyone. They went into Baltimore and dam near won that game. They beat the Saints the opening game and almost beat them the 2nd game.

Hadenough

Reaction score
If I am ranking all the teams in the NFC playoffs I have Dallas last. Seattle and Minnesota are better teams and the way the Philly is playing if they get in they are better. And the thought behind my ranking is that Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins and Nick Foles are all better than Dak.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
If I rank the NFL teams in the playoffs by coaching , then yeah ... cowboys are dead last .

Talent wise , we are a lot better than most teams . (QB is always a debate) .

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Perhaps why Dak played so well when Romo was hurt. No expectations and he played it loose and natural. Of course, now, he's had all that good stuff "coached" out of him by the clapper.

That was different. Dak played better cause we had an elite OL that would make me look like an all pro QB.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Last and ONLY time Garrett won a playoff game was what? ... 2014 ?

Yeah ... there are plenty of reasons for dallas to be the least favorite , biggest one is coaching .

Jason Garrett has 1 playoff win in 9 years . Worst record in the NFL .

Hadenough

Reaction score
I like the clip that was asking James Harrison if the Cowboys are a one of the most Dangerous teams in the playoffs and he laughed and said NO! Everyone wants to play them!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
They don't deserve it......winning and clutch play yields respect. Just win, and the accolades will come.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Last and ONLY time Garrett won a playoff game was what? ... 2014 ?

Yeah ... there are plenty of reasons for dallas to be the least favorite , biggest one is coaching .

Jason Garrett has 1 playoff win in 9 years . Worst record in the NFL .

Marvin Lewis is 0-7 in playoff games over 15 years and, somehow, still has his job. But besides him, yeah it's Jerry's boy JG.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
why would u think they would have respect they havnt won a divisional playoff game in 25 years and the only good team they played in the last month they didn't score any points the only reason the cowboys won the division is that the rest of the division sucked

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Who cares about "respect" from the media?
I agree, the media for the most part is a bunch of dummies lol who are pissed their golden boy Rodgers is not in the playoffs!!

That is funny , Dak is in the playoffs, and he sucks, and Rodgers is the worlds greatest QB and he will be watching on TV !:lmao2:

I dont know how Dallas will do in playoffs, but I give the respect for going from 3-5 to 9-6 Div champs, outright no tiebreakers,
I didnt think they could do it.
That includes respect for dak no matter how he has played, he did good enough to win the div.

one guy said even a wc win meant nothing, and wow I guess some only respect A SB win, and even if dak led them to SB
they would say elliot was the reason or dak was just a bus driver ra ra bla bla .
If all that is how some of you feel, why even watch the season games or a stupid wc game, none of it means anything to you
except to maybe come here and whine about this or that.

I doubt dallas gets past div round, with our coaches, but still I have to say good job on the comeback to win the div and be 9-6.

charleshaleyfan94

Reaction score
I think right now the assessment is fair of the Dallas Cowboys. Unless, the Coaching steps it up quite a bit, they will prove all doubters correct.

With that said, the Boys are in the worst division and despite everything, have earned the right to play. This is where JG has failed miserably over his 9 year tenure. He cannot draw up great plays to beat opponents. All the winning playoff Coaches know to do this and they are all on an even playing field. No excuses for Garrett. Either win and advance or be shown the door. It's all about Coaching and knowing how to put your players in the best position to win at this point at a playoff level.