Cowboys Offseason Strategy Should Hinge on Manziel Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's I like some of you didn't watch this team last season or at the very least didn't comprehend what was going on

kazzd58

Reaction score
But not Manziel as target. Manziel will not be on the Browns in 2016 that is without doubt. But he is still a very recent first round pick. Browns will not get any value from Manziel and that is a black eye to the organization.

Jerry can step in and be Cleveland's hero. Trade a package of players and a pick to Cleveland, a package of starters: WR Terrance Williams, CB Brandon Carr, SS JJ Wilcox, RT Doug Free and a 2017 third (which can turn into a 2nd should Manziel start at least 1 game in 2016) for QB Johnny Manziel, WR Josh Gordon (may not play another down in NFL) and LT Joe Thomas. Thomas is the true target.

I stopped reading that point.. im just gonna leave this here, right where it is and act like I didn't even see this non sense imo

Eddie

Reaction score
I'll give Cleveland a 4th rounder and Dexter Coakley for Joe Thomas.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But not Manziel as target. Manziel will not be on the Browns in 2016 that is without doubt. But he is still a very recent first round pick. Browns will not get any value from Manziel and that is a black eye to the organization.

Jerry can step in and be Cleveland's hero. Trade a package of players and a pick to Cleveland, a package of starters: WR Terrance Williams, CB Brandon Carr, SS JJ Wilcox, RT Doug Free and a 2017 third (which can turn into a 2nd should Manziel start at least 1 game in 2016) for QB Johnny Manziel, WR Josh Gordon (may not play another down in NFL) and LT Joe Thomas. Thomas is the true target.

Thomas is more than worth a 3rd, and would absolutely shore up the Cowboys' best unit sending it to uber-elite status. Cleveland does this to add 4 starters, save face and add an additional high pick. Win-win for both teams. This move further avoids the temptation of taking Tunsil with the 4th pick. Tunsil, Jack and Bosa appear to be the only true can't miss prospects at the top of the draft.

Free Agency and the top half of the draft needs to focus on defense. Offense puts butts in seats, defense wins championships. This is no ad hominem but was borne out by both SB participants this season. Denver and Carolina were not only top 10 defenses but lead the league in sacks (Denver) and takeaways (Carolina). And reinforced by the last 10 years with at least ONE of the SB participants (usually the winner) leading the league in Defense (Denver, Carolina, Seattle, New England, San Francisco, Pittsburgh, etc.). Backup QB should be a player already familiar with Garrett's system or at least indoctrinated in the Norv Turner offense. This allows familiarity, communication (same terminology) and past success to speed up the reads and comfort levels so as to hedge any deficiencies that might occur in game planning or play calling should back up be called to play for whatever reason.

Manziel is released outright or placed on NFI (non-football injury list) for 2016 to avoid 3rd rounder becoming a 2nd rounder in 2017.

I like you.
I get the idea that we are getting rid of manziel as soon as we get him so the Browns could save face.
I get the idea that we are only doing this to pawn some of our players off so we can get Thomas.

With all of that said and my understanding of what you are trying to say...I am not sure you are saying this stuff...it could be the liquor...

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/I%20am%20the%20liquor_zps4cfnr2so.jpg

Reactions: BAT

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What can I say -- the responses preceding mine speak for themselves. Won't happen. Cleveland has enough problems without us adding to them. Yes, they're stupid but not crazy.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
giphy.gif

RS12

Reaction score
Josh Gordon will play in 2016. I hope for the Cowboys. Manziel wont play anywhere, Cleveland coldnt give him away with a 100 bill taped to his forehead.

802dave

Reaction score
Are you on drugs? Must be some good stuff. Manziel is going to be cut but probably put in jail before that happens.

I believe he's gone batty!
This boy's cheese fell off his cracker!

Thomas is more than worth a 3rd, and would absolutely shore up the Cowboys' best unit sending it to uber-elite status. Cleveland does this to add 4 starters, save face and add an additional high pick. Win-win for both teams. This move further avoids the temptation of taking Tunsil with the 4th pick. Tunsil, Jack and Bosa appear to be the only true can't miss prospects at the top of the draft.

Free Agency and the top half of the draft needs to focus on defense. Offense puts butts in seats, defense wins championships. This is no ad hominem but was borne out by both SB participants this season. Denver and Carolina were not only top 10 defenses but lead the league in sacks (Denver) and takeaways (Carolina). And reinforced by the last 10 years with at least ONE of the SB participants (usually the winner) leading the league in Defense (Denver, Carolina, Seattle, New England, San Francisco, Pittsburgh, etc.). Backup QB should be a player already familiar with Garrett's system or at least indoctrinated in the Norv Turner offense. This allows familiarity, communication (same terminology) and past success to speed up the reads and comfort levels so as to hedge any deficiencies that might occur in game planning or play calling should back up be called to play for whatever reason.

Manziel is released outright or placed on NFI (non-football injury list) for 2016 to avoid 3rd rounder becoming a 2nd rounder in 2017.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
32 is nothing for a lineman.
Tell that to the 2010 Cowboys, who saw Kosier (32), Davis (32), Colombo (32) and Gurode (31) all collapse in the same season.

Yes, there are linemen who can be productive at 32 and beyond. And yes, those positions tend to punish age a bit less than some other positions. But a 32-year old lineman is still an old lineman, and you cannot bank on him staying healthy and productive.

Jonathan Ogden was done at 33.
Orlando Pace was done at 34.
And those are HOFers.

Last edited:
Reactions: BAT

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score

This the most insane post I think I've ever read

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score

God.... its me again.

whatever i did to bring this upon myself i humbly apologize.

please make it stop now. make the bad manziel go away...

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
I don't want to see that good for nothing piece of crap's name (Manziel) in any thread on the front page AGAIN. LET IT GO. MY GOD.

My fault for clicking.

::: beats herself up :::

Status
Not open for further replies.