Cowboys only 1 seed of the past ten to not make the Super Bowl

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
What was GBs defense ranked in 2016?
The message of the tweet was that Dallas was the only #1 seed to disappoint. My point was "no wonder," as that was not really a complete team anyway -- especially for a #1 seed.

Section446

Reaction score
The Cowboys have stunk at home for the last 10 years. In the years they were 8-8 or better, their home record was:

2005: 5-3
2006: 4-4
2007: 6-2
2008: 6-2
2009: 6-2
2011: 5-3
2012: 4-4
2013: 5-3
2014: 4-4
2016: 7-1
2017: 3-5

And it's not all about Jerry World because some of that goes back to Texas Stadium too. Home field doesn't really make much of a difference for this team like it does for most of the teams in the NFL. A REAL contender should never lose 3+ games at home but that's been the case for seven of those seasons listed above.
Because the reality is, we have some of the worst fans in the league. By the time the game is five minutes in, you can have a normal conversation with the person next to you. I've been to 19 games at other stadiums, ours is by far the worst.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
You know radio shows better, so I would question that.

As far as Archer, he’s horrible and always defends Garrett.

When I refer to Sturm I was referring to his pieces that criticize the offense, including Garrett

Well Like I said Bob is always the smartest guy in the room and that includes when he has actual nfl people on. He is always trying to wow everyone with his knowledge of the nfl. He has had everybody across the board from the organization on and he never does any of the type of questioning you are referring to.

honestly I dont blame him because like I said before it does not matter. The answers and responses simply do not matter.

Jerry has sat face to face with Dale Hansen while Hansen looks him dead in the eye and says how the hell are you still the GM? Would you hire you as the GM? Would anybody else hire you as GM? Jerry usually cracks up and is like hell no they wouldn't then goes into his I give this team a strategic advantage because the GM doesnt have to come to meet needing permission to spend money etc etc..

There are no questions that would make a difference.

The only one would be hey you just went 0-16 any chance you guys rethink the front office setup? otherwise they are what they are.

khiladi

Reaction score
The message of the tweet was that Dallas was the only #1 seed to disappoint. My point was "no wonder," as that was not really a complete team anyway -- especially for a #1 seed.

Did we play a top defense though when we lost to GB? Those other teams performance has no bearing on who we lost to as a number 1 seed. Their DBs were off the street and what became a trend this year as well, our offense couldn’t score in the third.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Because the reality is, we have some of the worst fans in the league. By the time the game is five minutes in, you can have a normal conversation with the person next to you. I've been to 19 games at other stadiums, ours is by far the worst.

Its not the fans, its the stadium.............It has several design flaws if the goal was to create a home field advantage.

1. Its too dam big. Its like a giant cavern and all the sound dissipates very quickly to all the open areas that are designed for "party pass" standing.
2. The seats are way to far back from the field to create any noticeable crowd noise, usually you want the seats close and tilted towards the field.
3. The video board is so good that its like watching a movie at a cinema, which of course leads to people being quite and just watching.

So no, its not that Cowboy fans are the worst in the league, its the design of the stadium that significantly contributes to having no home field.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Tonight was rough for Garrett supporters.

Every Garrett excuse was made laughable tonight.

Can’t win without your best player. Whoops.

Can’t win without your LT. Whoops.

Can’t win without your best LB. Whoops.

Takes time to properly build a legit SB contender. Whoops.
Good one lol

Zordon

Reaction score
Are there any media types in this city that have the balls to ask jerry these questions?

He’s in front of a microphone enough for someone to point this out.
They are complicit.. they were Garrett-lackeys for years. The only ones that raised issues about Garrett was Breer in his limited stint here and Sturm at times..

Dallas and Garrett still got lackeys in the media like Archer.. these guys are in Jerry’s pocket. Guys like Clarence Hill made enemies with guys like TO and Dez, so it made the pro-Garrett propaganda more easily palatable to neutral people.
Archer is no lackey. he is the best writer in the market and the only one that avoids all the nonsense and generally keeps it about football on the field. Rarely is he pulled offsides with girlfriend stripper type nonsense.

Sturm works in radio and has had plenty of opportunity to ask people here hard questions on his show and never does. He has had garrett on plenty of times and usually tries to impress him with how much he knows about football and the response is usually crickets like it should be.
Like I told @yimyammer we miss Timmy Mac. He brought the heat every press conference during the Wade years. Now he covers the lil Mavs....I wonder why?
*cough* blackballed *cough*

khiladi

Reaction score
Did GB? They were the team that had to play the #1 seed, after all.

GB, not a number #1 seed, a team that was giving up over 400 yards regularly to end the season, the 23rd ranked scoring defense that year, ended up in the NFC conference championship beating us.

We, as number 1 seed, lost to a wild-card team with arguably a worse defense.

I hardly think our defense being 16th in scoring per drive as opposed to the other number 1 seeds was the reason we lost to GB..

That being said I do think other factors were at play in that loss including bogus calls.

Zordon

Reaction score
By the way, why did ESPN tweet this? I swear that place is overrun with Giants, Eagles, and Commanders fans. Northeast turd of Cowboys haters.

khiladi

Reaction score
I’m more disappointed in this year I think than any, especially after the way Garrett player the Romo angle when we had Zeke and Jerry let it happen and our offense set records of futility.

And with the Patriots again and the Eagles making the SB.

And how Jerry let the league run over Zeke..

Juggernaut

Reaction score

Somewhere in Dallas tonight, Jason Garrett is clapping.

X1CZU70.gif

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As long as the leader(s) of a professional sports organization make and accept excuses for why your team does not win, or qualify for the playoffs, or win when you occasionally do make the playoffs, your organization is fundamentally flawed.

When the owner of the organization holds neither the GM (himself), nor his hand picked head coach accountable for failure to win, there is a complete deriliction of duty and a half hearted commitment to excellence. Jerry somehow mistakenly holds the monetary value of his team on the same level as winning championships.

If he could only realize that winning a championship is the greatest sales pitch ever made for a sports franchise. Hate to say it, but I guarantee there are a lot more eagles jerseys being sold tonight than Cowboys.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
GB, not a number #1 seed, a team that was giving up over 400 yards regularly to end the season, the 23rd ranked scoring defense that year, ended up in the NFC conference championship beating us.

We, as number 1 seed, lost to a wild-card team with arguably a worse defense.

I hardly think our defense being 16th in scoring per drive as opposed to the other number 1 seeds was the reason we lost to GB..
Most years, each conference usually has two or three complete teams, and one of those is typically that conference's #1 seed. 2016 was a weird year in which there were no complete teams in the entire conference.

khiladi

Reaction score
Most years, each
conference usually has two or three complete teams, and one of those is typically that conference's #1 seed. 2016 was a weird year in which there were no complete teams in the entire conference.

The other #1 seeds in that tweet were all complete teams.

Sometimes I do think when you have a high-powered scoring offense this ‘hurts’ your defense statistically. You gamble more and probably become a little lackadaisical. This is without even getting into points and yards of opponents in garbage time.

It can be a little deceptive judging solely on rank.