Cowboys only 1 seed of the past ten to not make the Super Bowl

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair enough................but for the record, I don't consider teams that miss the playoffs 5 times in 7 yrs to be considered good, quite the opposite.

For the record, the teams from 2010 to 2013 weren’t that good, I’d agree.

But 12-4, 13-3, 9-7 in three of four seasons here isn’t as bad as people are pretending, either.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
How many times you going to ask me that same question?

Of course he’s at least partially responsible for it. He’s false started a couple of times, and they’ve taken some unnecessary risks organizationally that have cost them games.

You have to remember, though, that I don’t consider teams that win12 or 13 games to be mediocre. I see a team trying and ultimately failing at doing something really difficult to do. And when they are failing, it looks like a personnel failure to me. Yes, it hasn’t been good enough.

But the track record of drafting and developing *has* been good overall. And I know how tough Jerry makes it. I’m not in a hurry to go back to a chaotic dysfunction process I don’t believe has any chance of being successful. And I don’t think the odds of Jerry upgrading to a less dysfunctional coach for Dallas are very good. I think it’s much more likely things would get worse.
Worse! You can’t get worse than mediocre under Jerry. When you are mediocre under Jerry he is happy to rake in the money and control his puppet. If we only had 1-3 wins maybe Jerry would do the right thing and fire Garrett.

Johnny23

Reaction score
We don't have enough MK Ultra athletes activated to do good. They are all on full self destruct mode, see Dez Bryant, Zeke, and Dak. Jerry got their keys and keeps turning them off. Watch this be their redemption year. sports is entertainment people and about narrative. Look at the Yankees they were on the verge of oblivion and now they lost in the World Series and now they're "back to being the bronx bombers" with that young middle order talent. We are the Yankees of the NFL. What better story than the Cowboys winning number six and the new big 3 redeeming themselves after a lackluster year when they self destructed and barely missed the playoffs because they struggled in the part of the season they always succeed in november & october.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Worse! You can’t get worse than mediocre under Jerry. When you are mediocre under Jerry he is happy to rake in the money and control his puppet. If we only had 1-3 wins maybe Jerry would do the right thing and fire Garrett.
Back to back winning seasons kinda bugs ya yes?

Section446

Reaction score
Its not the fans, its the stadium.............It has several design flaws if the goal was to create a home field advantage.

1. Its too dam big. Its like a giant cavern and all the sound dissipates very quickly to all the open areas that are designed for "party pass" standing.
2. The seats are way to far back from the field to create any noticeable crowd noise, usually you want the seats close and tilted towards the field.
3. The video board is so good that its like watching a movie at a cinema, which of course leads to people being quite and just watching.

So no, its not that Cowboy fans are the worst in the league, its the design of the stadium that significantly contributes to having no home field.
No, it's the fans, it was the same way at Texas Stadium. We just suck at being football fans, we'd do great in a Broadway play though.

khiladi

Reaction score
We don't have enough MK Ultra athletes activated to do good. They are all on full self destruct mode, see Dez Bryant, Zeke, and Dak. Jerry got their keys and keeps turning them off. Watch this be their redemption year. sports is entertainment people and about narrative. Look at the Yankees they were on the verge of oblivion and now they lost in the World Series and now they're "back to being the bronx bombers" with that young middle order talent. We are the Yankees of the NFL. What better story than the Cowboys winning number six and the new big 3 redeeming themselves after a lackluster year when they self destructed and barely missed the playoffs because they struggled in the part of the season they always succeed in november & october.

I can deal with that scripted storyline.

khiladi

Reaction score
Its not the fans, its the stadium.............It has several design flaws if the goal was to create a home field advantage.

1. Its too dam big. Its like a giant cavern and all the sound dissipates very quickly to all the open areas that are designed for "party pass" standing.
2. The seats are way to far back from the field to create any noticeable crowd noise, usually you want the seats close and tilted towards the field.
3. The video board is so good that its like watching a movie at a cinema, which of course leads to people being quite and just watching.

So no, its not that Cowboy fans are the worst in the league, its the design of the stadium that significantly contributes to having no home field.

NFL is catering to the digital experience and TV advertising revenues more so than the pure football experience. All the stadiums are going this way.

I’m in DC and every Commander fan I know hate their stadium in Landover in comparison to RFK. RFK used to be one of the most difficult stadiums to play in fir oppodkng teams.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
It’s not ineptitude. That Giants team won it all. They were hotter than we were when it mattered. Playoff games are often close. The Eagles probably ought to have lost to the Falcons but for the goal line stand. When it doesn’t break your way, sometimes it’s not incompetence and is only a small sample size instead.

That 2014 SEA win over GB was insane, too, btw.
Good point . A Julio Jones slip had a lot to do with birds victory and a Garrett/Linehan throw on first and goal also contributed. No need to go to 1 and done throw without trying to pound it in. Jimmy J would not have done this ...,

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
We can’t hire quality assistant coaches? When did this happen? Or is it something else we’ve just decided to believe as a group and hope nobody questions as the actual quality hires happen?

Please name said "quality" hires.

kramskoi

Reaction score
It’s not ineptitude. That Giants team won it all. They were hotter than we were when it mattered. Playoff games are often close. The Eagles probably ought to have lost to the Falcons but for the goal line stand. When it doesn’t break your way, sometimes it’s not incompetence and is only a small sample size instead.

That 2014 SEA win over GB was insane, too, btw.
That said, the chances that Garrett can deliver a championship without all the stars in the universe aligning in some cosmic synergy is remote. He has consistently done less with more. Romo made him and saved him many times. The only two times he reached the playoffs was with the league's best rushing attack, and even then he could not will his team to even a title game. Who would have thought that after last season Cowboy fans would be watching their most hated rival advance (and possibly win) to a frigging SuperBowl this year. No one would have taken that bet at the end of last year.

Sydla

Reaction score
The evidence continues to mount showing just how mediocre to slightly above average (if you want to be generous), this organization is and that includes the owner and the head coach and his coordinators.

There isn't a chance in hell this staff could have done what Philly's coaches did.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
Watching the morning recap shows and thought comes to my mind re the difference in coaching philosophy and results. Belicheck is a theoretical / tactical coach who knows how things work and how to break them down to the teams advantage. Garrett is a admirer of the past and runs plays/ games from his simple 90s formula. He likes design and doesn’t adapt to leverage today’s game.

Example: we used the jet sweep with lucky . Same general formation / pattern . Others use it with variations which are much more effective. Rams ( speedy receiver ) Eagles ( run it between tackles)

Garrett sits there and smiles . They are using my stuff. i’m Good. ... Never thinking to copy the variation. Just proud of his design.

Football evolves but we stay stuck in the past