Cowboys options with Dak from Overthecap

Sydla

Reaction score
Dude. You literally said Jones named his price.

You're saying that Jones ASKED for contract that was 15 million below "market rate"?

Is that what you're saying? Lol.
Semantics.

Hadenough

Reaction score
So if you extend Dak for 4 years not only do you not give this team any hope but you also prevent this team from having a high draft pic for 4 years straight. Assuming Dak wins 10 or 11 games. Getting rid of Dak the team will have a short term step back to take two steps forward.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Interesting how it says if Dallas decides to go i this direction they should draft a QB this year in the first or second round so they have a future QB in place.

What happened to Trey Lance???!
He busted. It's safe to say that going into year #4.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Option 3) Spread rumors - make Dak feel completely unwanted so he would want a trade out of Dallas. Tell him he cannot come to the facilities.
Yes, this would be the best way to recruit players moving forward and help maximize our trade value.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Now that I’ve read that, the Trey Lance deal makes even less sense.

There was no real avenue to hand it over to him without a full tear down, which apparently was never going to be the case.

No real need for a fourth round pick on a team that uses only the draft to improve I guess.

Also…am I missing something or shouldn’t those voidable years be used in conjunction with more of a ‘going for it within the current window’ type of strategy?

I hope I’m wrong and it’s not just more evidence of ineptitude.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
I love how people want to roll with Trey Lance next year without talking about the fact that, if he's good, they're going to have to give him the same $60m in 2025 lmao.

2024: Lance rookie deal
2025: Lance franchise tag
2026: Lance $65m

THINK PEOPLE
If they are going to franchise Lance it will have to be BEFORE May 2, 2024 (not 25) at 25M +

Last edited:

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Dude. You literally said Jones named his price.

You're saying that Jones ASKED for contract that was 15 million below "market rate"?

Is that what you're saying? Lol.
Omg fine. I shouldn't have said named his price.

The point is he got a huge deal, way above what he was actually worth, because he had all the leverage.