Cowboys ownership being held accountable

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm going to the Longhorns game.....been to many. I don't like many things, but I choose not to whine.....much more important things in life. That's just who I am.

I wasn’t whining, was just giving my thoughts on ticket prices as to if I would go or not.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I think what you hurt Jones worse is a stadium full of opposing fans every home game. The money he loses in ticket sales revenue is pocket change to the rest of us.

But 8 games a year that are essentially home games for the visitors might keep him awake at night.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
personally, I don't think Jerry cares who is in the seats as long as they are paid for. just my opinion.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
In fact next game there shouldn't be a single Cowboy fan in attendance. Empty seats is all the buffoon named Jerry Jones will understand.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
personally, I don't think Jerry cares who is in the seats as long as they are paid for. just my opinion.
He's going to care when people start noticing that the Cowboys home games are just another home game for the opposing team. The man cares about image and when there is negativity about the image or people are laughing at the org, he will care.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Not really true. The stadium is completely sold out in may when season ticket holders have to pay for their tickets. So they have already got the money for the tickets. What has changed is that the secondary market tanked for this weeks game against the bengals and they get a percentage on those tickets sold, so I guess they lose a little.

If this were 1985 that would be a half empty or more building this week because people bought seats the week of games or through calling the cowboys for tickets. The PSL's guarantee the owners have sellouts long before the season even starts.

foofighters

Reaction score
I’m not sure what papers, radio and tv personalities you follow but the local media has bashed him from the beginning . At least the ones most locals follow.

And local TV viewership has fallen off some years as some of the lowest in the nation as Locals have become quite apathetic about their favorite local sports franchise .
That's actually interesting to hear. We aren't hearing that in the Midwest.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I wasn’t whining, was just giving my thoughts on ticket prices as to if I would go or not.
Hey when you have a PSL, you are contractually obligated to buy the tickets, yes? Probably for multiple years as well.

How does that work? I wouldn't think any demand drop would hurt Jerry since he already collected his money. That would fall to the ticket holder getting less on the secondary market if they chose that route.

PSLs are one of the worst things I've ever seen happen to pro sports.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
He's going to care when people start noticing that the Cowboys home games are just another home game for the opposing team. The man cares about image and when there is negativity about the image or people are laughing at the org, he will care.
I don't think he is smart enough to see it's the opposing team fans. I might be wrong.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Booing the bums on the field for their performance Sunday Night was a good start.

I cancelled both trips I had planned to watch this pathetic franchise.

The whole Jones act is so stale that I can't even stomach giving him a dime of my hard earned money anymore.
Sadly you are correct Sir.
And they got tons in the bank, so it would have to get real drastic to actually get their attention.
When do the fans get to the point where enough is enough?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Hey when you have a PSL, you are contractually obligated to buy the tickets, yes? Probably for multiple years as well.

How does that work? I wouldn't think any demand drop would hurt Jerry since he already collected his money. That would fall to the ticket holder getting less on the secondary market if they chose that route.

PSLs are one of the worst things I've ever seen happen to pro sports.

Yes, you get your bill for your tickets in March and it is due by may 1st. This year they had a new plan, which was pay in 3 installments if you want....May, June, July instead of all at once.

so the stadium and all its regular season and preseason games are sold out before camp even starts. PSL's are the devil. You can't sell them on the secondary market either because this city has very few real fans, all the tickets are owned by scalpers from all over the country or businesses....very few real fans in that stadium each week, at least who own a PSL.

Also, they raised ticket prices after playing one of the most pathetic playoff games I have ever seen. Dak played the worst game at qb I have ever seen by a cowboys qb in the playoffs. It was miserable and his final play to me is a top 5 all time terrible playoff play....They followed that up with a ticket price increase.

RS12

Reaction score
I agree with the guy who said loss of corporate sponsorship, like if Ford said pound sand. However the Cowboys get like 5 or 6 prime time games every season, if that got cut 2 or 3 and Jerry didnt have cameras and microphones on his turkey neck, maybe that would finally wake him up.

Big_D

Reaction score
Yes, you get your bill for your tickets in March and it is due by may 1st. This year they had a new plan, which was pay in 3 installments if you want....May, June, July instead of all at once.

so the stadium and all its regular season and preseason games are sold out before camp even starts. PSL's are the devil. You can't sell them on the secondary market either because this city has very few real fans, all the tickets are owned by scalpers from all over the country or businesses....very few real fans in that stadium each week, at least who own a PSL.

Also, they raised ticket prices after playing one of the most pathetic playoff games I have ever seen. Dak played the worst game at qb I have ever seen by a cowboys qb in the playoffs. It was miserable and his final play to me is a top 5 all time terrible playoff play....They followed that up with a ticket price increase.

that last play to end the season could be the worst! It was just pathetic. Fast forward 9 months and they look equally pathetic. That’s serious balls to raise the prices after that playoff debacle. Jerry’s a complete clown. With inflation killing everybody, he simply doesn’t care!