Cowboys ownership being held accountable

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yep, jerry might not be able to buy another yacht for a couple more days. not because of the backlash of the last game, but because he can't find his toupee and false teeth.

we're killing him.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It would be interesting to read any examples of eventual, real, indisputable capitulation on Jones' behalf that any members foresee happening. It would be worthwhile to stick a pin in a thread like this and refer to it at a later time. Then it would be possible to document actual tangible factors that finally moderated Jones' personal perception of being a general manager.

slick325

Reaction score
Only way it will register (pardon the pun) to Barnum and Bailey.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember when Parcells left, Jerry said he can "have fun" again. Have fun at what? Being a mediocre idiot?
Bill Parcells was the first outsider who confronted Jerry Jones' sense of self (e.g. his narcissism) after Jimmy Johnson's departure. He was having fun both at returning to making uncontested decisions and re-establishing himself as the face of the franchise. The latter was due to Parcells' Hall of Fame persona leeched away at Jones' own overblown promotion of self while he was head coach. Parcells' leaving allowed Jones to fully step out of another person's shadow and into the glaring spotlight he craves daily.

OGCowboy

Reaction score
Organization has been a roller coaster for years mostly on the down side. All the banter on what could happen....business and money loss possibilities is simply that....banter
At 8bil Jerry is very insulated.
Only change will be at death of Jerry or in a home for elderly wannabe GMs and really not sure son ol Hog Jowl steps in....
Then changes will happen.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
The only thing that might work is a giant meteor hitting the stadium and jerry not being able to fund a new stadium. I know he would sell Jerry Jr. and give Carl-lotte for free to get a new stadium. okay. get used to the crap, nothing is changing.

visionary

Reaction score
It would be interesting to read any examples of eventual, real, indisputable capitulation on Jones' behalf that any members foresee happening. It would be worthwhile to stick a pin in a thread like this and refer to it at a later time. Then it would be possible to document actual tangible factors that finally moderated Jones' personal perception of being a general manager.

I see no evidence of it
Too many chest thumping Pom Pom waving self important super fans around even on CZ

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see no evidence of it
Too many chest thumping Pom Pom waving self important super fans around even on CZ
Well, pom poms aside :) , I would agree it is far too soon to make any sound conclusions about the topic. Time may tell though.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I remember when Parcells left, Jerry said he can "have fun" again. Have fun at what? Being a mediocre idiot?

He actually said he felt like he was walking on eggshells at all times......Pretty telling then and still today.

my favorite part was during wade's press conference when he was hired jerry and wade were laughing at parcells.

then a few months later the cowboys got beat in the playoffs by Parcell's close friend Tom Coughlin who ran things exactly like him. Coughlin even coached the cowboys wr at training camp in 03.

Then it wasn't so funny to Jerry and Wade and they spent the offseason in 08 saying they were going to try and play like the giants defense with the nascar package. Just cant make this stuff up. Maybe had they stayed out of Parcells way he would have finished what he was about 75% of the way through building......He was building a team that could win games against superior teams the way the cowboys beat the colts in 06 or the chiefs in 05. Tough hard nosed teams that could be physical and win ugly. Jerry hated that and wanted highlights. Parcells northeast toughness never was understood here and it rubbed everyone the wrong way.....I will never forget the ticket and mike rhyner calling him the glorified gym coach. Such a stupid stupid market this is.

visionary

Reaction score
He actually said he felt like he was walking on eggshells at all times......Pretty telling then and still today.

my favorite part was during wade's press conference when he was hired jerry and wade were laughing at parcells.

then a few months later the cowboys got beat in the playoffs by Parcell's close friend Tom Coughlin who ran things exactly like him. Coughlin even coached the cowboys wr at training camp in 03.

Then it wasn't so funny to Jerry and Wade and they spent the offseason in 08 saying they were going to try and play like the giants defense with the nascar package. Just cant make this stuff up. Maybe had they stayed out of Parcells way he would have finished what he was about 75% of the way through building......He was building a team that could win games against superior teams the way the cowboys beat the colts in 06 or the chiefs in 05. Tough hard nosed teams that could be physical and win ugly. Jerry hated that and wanted highlights. Parcells northeast toughness never was understood here and it rubbed everyone the wrong way.....I will never forget the ticket and mike rhyner calling him the glorified gym coach. Such a stupid stupid market this is.

good to see you theebs
Need some voices of reason around here

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Sound stuff as always, theebs. Thanks.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
IMO it will take corporate sponsorship to stop supporting the team.

I think the networks not wanting to carry their games would also light a fire under them. Of course, it would just be for show to regain the public attention.

I would be perfectly fine with not a soul showing up for a home game or a small crowd that boo'd the entire time. Something that would embarrass them beyond recovery.

Plankton

Reaction score

Jones made the eggshells comment as well after Johnson left.

Maybe walking on eggshells is the only way this team can win.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Not really true. The stadium is completely sold out in may when season ticket holders have to pay for their tickets. So they have already got the money for the tickets. What has changed is that the secondary market tanked for this weeks game against the bengals and they get a percentage on those tickets sold, so I guess they lose a little.

If this were 1985 that would be a half empty or more building this week because people bought seats the week of games or through calling the cowboys for tickets. The PSL's guarantee the owners have sellouts long before the season even starts.

:thumbup: yep..... i would definitely not renew my PSL for next season knowing it doesn't make the team better, only Jerry's pocketbook. That's why i do not go to any games, best view is from my couch. And can turn the game off anytime i want when they are sucking. Best of both worlds.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry Jones and his brood could not face enough humiliation to make up for the last 27 years ........

If Cowboy fans had any pride they would boo the idiot out of his own stadium evertime he shows his plastic face ...... But there is far to many fans, like the usual suspects on this forum, who swallow anything he dishes out for that to ever happen.

He should literally fear being around fans. He would if he owned the Eagles or Giants.