Cowboys ownership being held accountable

phildadon86

Reaction score
Yes, you get your bill for your tickets in March and it is due by may 1st. This year they had a new plan, which was pay in 3 installments if you want....May, June, July instead of all at once.

so the stadium and all its regular season and preseason games are sold out before camp even starts. PSL's are the devil. You can't sell them on the secondary market either because this city has very few real fans, all the tickets are owned by scalpers from all over the country or businesses....very few real fans in that stadium each week, at least who own a PSL.

Also, they raised ticket prices after playing one of the most pathetic playoff games I have ever seen. Dak played the worst game at qb I have ever seen by a cowboys qb in the playoffs. It was miserable and his final play to me is a top 5 all time terrible playoff play....They followed that up with a ticket price increase.
Do i even ask how much is owed?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
exactly - he already got his money....now if you see people not filling up the game all the way, consessions dropping and to your point merch dropping..then he might feel it a little. The best thing that we could see is more than 50% fans of the opposing teams showing him our fans are done and not going.

that is the only way

Jerry has more money than he can spend. Dinging his merchandise money isn't going to come close to impacting him. In fact, I dont think you can financially hurt Jerry. I do think his ego can be used against him. He wants to be popular and well liked by the fans. He doesn't take criticism well as evidenced by the lack of objectivity in the front office and Dallas media. Nobody taking Jerrys money is allowed to criticize him or make him feel bad without retribution.

So, all that can be done is for fans to overwhelmingly express their anger and hatred toward him. Empty seats in the stadium....... social media mockery. All of this can have a cummulative effect on his confidence and he may just cave. It worked once when he took a step back after Campo went 5-11 for 3 years in a row. He gave into fan pressure , took a step back, and hired Bill Parcels to come in , clean house, and rebuild the roster. Jerry didn't like it but he took his medicine..........for a few years anyway.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Do i even ask how much is owed?

different for every section. I have one seat in the 200 section so it was 1700 I think. It might have been 1750 I can't remember. I one million percent hate scalpers and never scalped a ticket until last season.

I have grown to hate everything about this organization, its fanbase, the people who cover this team and the area. So I am breaking my own rule and scalping my tickets each week until I sell this dumb PSL.

Forneymike

Reaction score
This board is funny. All the people out here saying that not going to the games is going to kill Jerry and he won;'t make any money and it will make him change while they sit at home and watch the game on TV. What is the biggest revenue stream for him probably? TV rights!!! The more people who watch, the more they can fleece the Networks for when they bid again so keep watching and criticizing those who go to the games but you are just as culpable. If you don't like the team, quit watching, get off the board and go fishing. It will help your stress level.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yes, you get your bill for your tickets in March and it is due by may 1st. This year they had a new plan, which was pay in 3 installments if you want....May, June, July instead of all at once.

so the stadium and all its regular season and preseason games are sold out before camp even starts. PSL's are the devil. You can't sell them on the secondary market either because this city has very few real fans, all the tickets are owned by scalpers from all over the country or businesses....very few real fans in that stadium each week, at least who own a PSL.

Also, they raised ticket prices after playing one of the most pathetic playoff games I have ever seen. Dak played the worst game at qb I have ever seen by a cowboys qb in the playoffs. It was miserable and his final play to me is a top 5 all time terrible playoff play....They followed that up with a ticket price increase.
So you HAVE to buy them? No choice?

For how long? You own the PSL for life until you sell it? But can you tell the team you don't want the seats for a given season? How does that work?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
So you HAVE to buy them? No choice?

For how long? You own the PSL for life until you sell it? But can you tell the team you don't want the seats for a given season? How does that work?

yes you are legally obligated to buy them. I am not sure what happens if you do not. I imagine they bill you or sue you and threaten to take away your psl, which you paid for.

I think the PSL is yours for 30 years? I can't remember all the details.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey when you have a PSL, you are contractually obligated to buy the tickets, yes? Probably for multiple years as well.

How does that work? I wouldn't think any demand drop would hurt Jerry since he already collected his money. That would fall to the ticket holder getting less on the secondary market if they chose that route.

PSLs are one of the worst things I've ever seen happen to pro sports.

Yes you are obligated to purchase the tickets each season. Not sure what happens if you don't. It was in the contract but I don't remember.
Also at the time, one could finance the PSL's at 8% interest for 30 years. I am sure some just stopped paying them as well. Then the team can resell them. I am sure there was lawsuits as well if that happened.

Jerry and all owners get their money one way or another, in all sports.
It is actually the city of Arlington's stadium and Jerry leases it though he put a lot of his own money into it, and can do as he wishes for 30 years.
Also, Jerry recouped his money by getting it from the fans from the PSL's, or a good portion of it.

Big_D

Reaction score
There's no accountability even when you think there is. Just more of the same.. maybe an afternoon on the yacht will help them get over it?

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yes you are obligated to purchase the tickets each season. Not sure what happens if you don't. It was in the contract but I don't remember.
Also at the time, one could finance the PSL's at 8% interest for 30 years. I am sure some just stopped paying them as well. Then the team can resell them. I am sure there was lawsuits as well if that happened.

Jerry and all owners get their money one way or another, in all sports.
It is actually the city of Arlington's stadium and Jerry leases it though he put a lot of his own money into it, and can do as he wishes for 30 years.
Also, Jerry recouped his money by getting it from the fans from the PSL's, or a good portion of it.
Thanks. Any idea what happens after 30 years, which is only about 17 years away?

All those folks gonna be asked to put up tens of thousands more? That'll be an interesting scenario, and not just in Dallas.

For a long while, football tickets were underpriced. Not so much anymore, and that doesn't even account for the PSL money.

It's still a revocable license which the consumer has little control over. You're lucky you grabbed a raft.

stiletto

Reaction score
Yep. It's simple...stop going to games and buying Cowboys stuff. You can still be a fan, just stop supporting the mediocrity. My rule is, a championship gives 5 years of support where I'll buy some cool stuff and commercially support. Same thing for my Baseball team. After that I stop buying.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like the Joneses are actually facing some measure of accountability. One place where it might register.

Unless Reid can show that the PSL holders are not renewing, he has no clue. If he's just looking at ticketmaster or stubhub, those are tickets being resold that the Jones boys have already made their money on.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks. Any idea what happens after 30 years, which is only about 17 years away?

All those folks gonna be asked to put up tens of thousands more? That'll be an interesting scenario, and not just in Dallas.

For a long while, football tickets were underpriced. Not so much anymore, and that doesn't even account for the PSL money.

It's still a revocable license which the consumer has little control over. You're lucky you grabbed a raft.

Not sure after 10 years. If like Texas Stadium was, and I am not sure, you still have the right to purchase the tickets. If you choose not then maybe those seats go on sell to the public.
When I got my season tickets to Texas Stadium, there were no PSL's, just paid for the tickets up front. And had the right to renew each season.
So maybe after 30 years it would be the same. Buy season tickets but no obligation to renew since there is no PSL involved.

however as things change, I am sure teams will find a way to sell a PSL, just not for 30 years.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Unless Reid can show that the PSL holders are not renewing, he has no clue. If he's just looking at ticketmaster or stubhub, those are tickets being resold that the Jones boys have already made their money on.

Take that up with him. Thanks!

Shane612

Reaction score
Can the NFL force the ownership of a franchise?
In general, I'm against forcing owner, or anyone, to do something against their will.
Just wondering if there is something in the NFL bylaws that give the NFL that power.

Plankton

Reaction score
Hey when you have a PSL, you are contractually obligated to buy the tickets, yes? Probably for multiple years as well.

How does that work? I wouldn't think any demand drop would hurt Jerry since he already collected his money. That would fall to the ticket holder getting less on the secondary market if they chose that route.

PSLs are one of the worst things I've ever seen happen to pro sports.

It's legalized usury - paying for the right to buy something.

Plankton

Reaction score

Nope - they will just build a new stadium, and the process will start all over again. Rinse, repeat.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Once you own/payoff the PSL license , you own it as long as you continue buying the season ticket package, and its only for that stadium.

They do have perks as the holders get first dibs on tickets to most all events at ATT, but they still have to pay whatever Jerry wants for season tickets or forfeit the PSL................ and then Jerry gets to re-sell it. Its legal but its a scam.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry has more money than he can spend. Dinging his merchandise money isn't going to come close to impacting him. In fact, I dont think you can financially hurt Jerry. I do think his ego can be used against him. He wants to be popular and well liked by the fans. He doesn't take criticism well as evidenced by the lack of objectivity in the front office and Dallas media. Nobody taking Jerrys money is allowed to criticize him or make him feel bad without retribution.

So, all that can be done is for fans to overwhelmingly express their anger and hatred toward him. Empty seats in the stadium....... social media mockery. All of this can have a cummulative effect on his confidence and he may just cave. It worked once when he took a step back after Campo went 5-11 for 3 years in a row. He gave into fan pressure , took a step back, and hired Bill Parcels to come in , clean house, and rebuild the roster. Jerry didn't like it but he took his medicine..........for a few years anyway.
I believe Jones simply gave in finally after three straight losing seasons. Dave Campo's leaving did make way for Bill Parcells, so those seasons can be checked off as having an overall benefit afterwards.