Cowboys players had parties planned this weekend

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
I got news for them…players of the 80s and 90s use to do blow before games. Partying the night before is no excuse they all do it.
I hear ya knockin, my man. But those were alphas back then. Masculinity is considered toxic nowadays. Betas can't hang with what those alphas use to do back then.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I said this before. Jerry runs his team like a carnival. He gets a piece of everything Cowboys and loves the exposure. Young players who come to Dallas don't understand what a buckled down NFL culture looks like. The culture in Dallas is soft and weak.

Vabchshark

Reaction score
I just think the team isn’t very good. There’s a reason why they perform at a high level versus the worse teams and get out punched by the better teams.
No, I think they're a very talented team, if they weren't good they wouldn't beat the worse teams that badly. You can't have this many Pro Bowlers, and All Pros and not be good! They can't get over the hump in most serious games, and that stems with coaching and being prepared, which they aren't most times.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
No, I think they're a very talented team, if they weren't good they wouldn't beat the worse teams that badly. You can't have this many Pro Bowlers, and All Pros and not be good! They can't get over the hump in most serious games, and that stems with coaching and being prepared, which they aren't most times.
But they beat bad teams badly and lose badly to good teams. That’s not a good team. We have good players but the team? Not so much…

Vabchshark

Reaction score
But they beat bad teams badly and lose badly to good teams. That’s not a good team. We have good players but the team? Not so much…
And good teams are made up of good players. What those good players need is good coaching, and I really don't think that's happening. There's plenty enough talent on this team to go farther than losing in the Wild Card round at home! How many teams still playing wish they had some of these players?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And good teams are made up of good players. What those good players need is good coaching, and I really don't think that's happening. There's plenty enough talent on this team to go farther than losing in the Wild Card round at home! How many teams still playing wish they had some of these players?
So now Quinn and Mike aren’t good coaches?

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Same thing happened to my team in hs as we were to play for 1st place the last game of the season and a party happened before the game not after. Good starters were suspended and we got rolled over like nobodies business. Was my last game and made me sick. Guys got over cofident and didn't stay focused like we had done all season long and the party was a dumb idea. Backups were not up to the task. I know it's a different situation but still is relevent as to how players prepare to be great compared to those who think they have already arrived.

Cmac

Reaction score
If so.......and Big Mike knew about it.......Breaking News on the TV should follow.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Culture, tough to play when you’re hungover.
The “pep rally” was the night before the game.

If I'm GMing Sam is trade for a 5th, Hooker is traded for a 6th, Neville n Dorance are gone in FA. Heck, I'd even trade Turp for 6th. Clean house.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No heart gutless team. They lack vocal leadership from the players.

Vabchshark

Reaction score
Those coaches have SB's....these players don't. I don't know maybe the players take some blame here too?
Oh definitely, I agree that the players hold some of the blame here as they are the ones actually on the field. I'm just saying with how things were setup, with the amount of talent, and home field advantage, the coaches were seriously out coached, and didn't seem to have the players ready. Not to mention no adjustments seemed to be made especially on the defensive side of the ball. I mean you have a guy named Aaron Jones that now has the most rushing TDs in a Packers playoff game ever with 3! We're talking about a team had the likes of Jim Taylor, and Paul Hornung!!